Search found 254 matches

by aaelgr
02 Jan 2008, 19:47
Forum: Articles
Topic: Spin the Skill Wheel
Replies: 363
Views: 120562

Skill Wheel

What version are you trying to get it on? The requirements shown are for Tribes of the East, and are different from what you needed in Heroes 5 and Hammers of Fate. The link a few posts before you with 2.1 next to it should be correct (failing that try the 1.1). Edited on Wed, Jan 02 2008, 14:49 by ...
by aaelgr
01 Jan 2008, 21:15
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: 1 quick question
Replies: 16
Views: 4331

Wulfstan8182 wrote:lol i like the Legion of Strongest creature=DESTRUCTION. let me try. Legion of Vermins=No phoenix for you Zehir!
I'm certain in one of the H5 campaigns you can/have (can't remember which) a legion of Familiars. Could be the last Dungeon mission...
Legion of Vampire Lords!
by aaelgr
01 Jan 2008, 21:12
Topic: Garuna's Special
Replies: 1
Views: 1101

Garuna's Special

The description says that attack is increased with each kill but by how much? Do a certain amount have to be killed for it to take affect?
On an unrelated note:
Happy New Year!
by aaelgr
22 Dec 2007, 19:25
Topic: Ultimate Necromacy
Replies: 25
Views: 6267

The Pendant of Mastery.
Tensho wrote:I prefer Vampire lords(and cast vampirism on them=imba :-D )
I didn't realise you could cast Vampirism on Vampires. How does it help them? Do they drain a larger amount of the damage they do?
by aaelgr
21 Dec 2007, 16:37
Topic: Who is better, Klaus, Dougal, or Vittorio for haven
Replies: 20
Views: 8589

For Haven, I'd try to take Light and Dark whenever you can. Expert Mass Haste followed by Mass Slow can let you walk all over your opponent. Expert Mass Confusion is a godsend. I never seem to get Vampirism (stupid Curse of the Netherworld!), though I imagine that combined with Unlimited Retaliation...
by aaelgr
21 Dec 2007, 11:43
Topic: Factions Balance
Replies: 74
Views: 28711

I agree with making Inferno stronger (especially pre-Lvl 4), but I feel that the Devils are a little too strong now. It's not the No Enemy Retaliation (it was the only thing that really helped them in H3) but the ability to teleport anywhere at all. That forces people to turtle their shooters, makin...
by aaelgr
21 Dec 2007, 11:33
Topic: Who is better, Klaus, Dougal, or Vittorio for haven
Replies: 20
Views: 8589

It has to be Vittorio. He may start off a little weaker than Dougal, but increasing the damage of the Ballista by 1 with each level makes him lethal later on. Once he gets Expert WarMachines, triple ballista, and flaming arrows the Ballista becomes awesome! I've seen it destroy 6 Magma Dragons per t...
by aaelgr
19 Dec 2007, 00:56
Topic: Wizard "ultimate Omnis" huge bug?
Replies: 2
Views: 1190

Do you have Mark of the Wizard? Without it you can't get Remote Control.
by aaelgr
18 Dec 2007, 20:53
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Starcraft 2!
Replies: 588
Views: 140198

Finally put a new unit up: the Terran Nomad. Still no Zerg, despite being in both the Terran and the Protoss videos...
http://eu.starcraft2.com/features/terran/nomad.xml
by aaelgr
18 Dec 2007, 15:03
Topic: Wizard's Reward or Graduate-C3M1
Replies: 3
Views: 1770

To get Mentoring you need to choose Wizard's Reward.
by aaelgr
18 Dec 2007, 12:19
Topic: Heroes VI Wishlist And Engine Poll
Replies: 75
Views: 20215

If they don't make a new town (which I think is pretty unlikely) they'll hopefully add some more neutral units, and maybe give them dwelling like in Armageddon's Blade and H4. I hope they bring back the Medusas. HOMM isn't the same without them. Efreeti would be cool too ( but no leprechauns! ). Whe...
by aaelgr
16 Dec 2007, 19:34
Topic: Any reason to get HommV+Hammers when you can just get TotE?
Replies: 9
Views: 3367

As far as I know, you can't play the campaigns from H5 and HOF on TOTE. I think there's a thread from a while ago where someone was playing the H5 ones on HOF... You need to install each separately to get the respective sets of campaigns (I'm not sure what you mean by installing the game twice). The...
by aaelgr
15 Dec 2007, 22:38
Topic: the Ultimate Skills in TotE
Replies: 19
Views: 5977

The main problem with the route needed for the Warlock Ultimate is that it's almost impossible to attain. Once you get one of the Masters the following options are nearly always to do with them (Ignite, Cold Death, Mana Burst,...).
by aaelgr
13 Dec 2007, 23:24
Topic: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Views: 3696

There have been quite a few Star Wars games, and admittedly some of them were poor (e.g. Galactic Battlegrounds a.k.a. Age of Empires: Star Wars Edition). Recently though they have been getting better. Battlefront 1 & 2 are very good, as is Empire at War and it's add-on Forces of Corruption. Dar...
by aaelgr
13 Dec 2007, 15:33

Indeed. You're Darth Vader's secret apprentice (who just happens to be able to pull Star Destroyers out of orbit!).
by aaelgr
13 Dec 2007, 15:02

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

I was surprised to see that this hasn't been mentioned. Perhaps there's a lack of Star Wars fans here. It's been in development a while, and looks awesome!
Official site: http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/
by aaelgr
12 Dec 2007, 21:56
Topic: Inferno creature choices
Replies: 15
Views: 9407

Metathron : As far as I can tell, the Fire Breath applies to all three heads. I made the mistake of turtling to protect my Crossbowmen and Zealots and the Firehounds were able to hit them and the units in front of them. I'm not sure if Fire Breath hurts your own units, but I imagine it would (seein...
by aaelgr
12 Dec 2007, 10:55
Topic: Inferno creature choices
Replies: 15
Views: 9407

After the Dungeon one I was wondering whether or not this would be done for all of them. Don't get me wrong, threads like this are useful for those of us who aren't that good. Anyway, on to Inferno: Familiar/Vermin : At the beginning when Knowledge is low I tend to go for Familiars. It's later on wh...
by aaelgr
11 Dec 2007, 19:03
Forum: Articles
Topic: Spin the Skill Wheel
Replies: 363
Views: 120562

Skill Wheel

There are links here to a few mods for TOTE, including an in-game Skill Wheel. There's another for H5 and HOF, but I can't find it again (I know it's there, I use it!).

viewtopic.php?t=7338
by aaelgr
09 Dec 2007, 23:40
Topic: Dungeon creature choices
Replies: 11
Views: 10884

Threads like these are quite handy for getting a few tips. From the Sylvan one I learnt how good Arcane Archers are... Anyway, usually I'll pick: Assassins : Dungeon has little in the way of ranged attackers (though admittedly Invisibility is quite a plus for Stalkers) Blood Sisters : The only alter...

Go to advanced search