Search found 165 matches

by Ravenheart87
Jan 18 2009, 10:31
Forum: News
Topic: Time to Talk Heroes 6?
Replies: 96
Views: 18581

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

"Ravenheart, I got this info from the Ubi boards, one of the (well-known and respectable) members hinted at this." I see... I also found it now. "Finally, I haven't heard of any TBS developed by a Hungarian company (I might be wrong though). At least Nival had made Etherlords prior to Heroes. It doe...
by Ravenheart87
Jan 17 2009, 20:49
Topic: Time to Talk Heroes 6?
Replies: 96
Views: 18581

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Are you sure? Source of information? I'm from Hungary, so I'm now a bit excited... I can only think of Black Hole Entertainment (Mark of Chaos), Stormregion (SWINE, Codename: Panzers) and Digital Reality (Imperium Galactica, Haegemonia, War Front). Some of our guys were working on Crysis too... BTW,...
by Ravenheart87
Jan 1 2009, 14:19
Topic: Happy Christmas!
Replies: 40
Views: 7466

Happy Christmas!

Rumors aren't promises.
by Ravenheart87
Dec 13 2008, 8:28
Forum: Articles
Topic: Sex as a Gaming Feature
Replies: 60
Views: 12473

Babes, Sex & Video Games

Well, the history of fantasy is full of partially and fully naked women, and of course, chain bikinis. It all began with the Conan stories, where he almost always had an either cunning female warrior, or a damsel in distress as his sidekick, sometimes battling with witches. But hey, that's what pulp...
by Ravenheart87
Dec 12 2008, 10:37
Topic: KB: Strategy Game of the Year?
Replies: 29
Views: 3662

KB: Strategy Game of the Year?

Spore: a mix of well known and easy games, dumbed down even further... After two days it was boring, the only memorable part of it was tha creature creator. King's Bounty? I'm still weeping, because right now I don't have enough time to play with it. In KB you need to gather an army, and control the...
by Ravenheart87
Nov 27 2008, 7:57
Topic: A Cheerless Status Update About Might and Magic Tribute
Replies: 22
Views: 3240

A Cheerless Status Update About MMT

"An RPG should be played with mostly the mouse, no? Keyboard commands force you to use both hands." I have two hands, what's the problem? This isn't Baldur's Gate, M&M is a first-person view RPG, and FPS-like controls are far more comfortable for this kind of gameplay, unless you have only one hand ...
by Ravenheart87
Nov 4 2008, 22:59
Topic: King´s Bounty: The Princess Expansion
Replies: 32
Views: 5945

King´s Bounty: The Princess Expansion

I never cared about replayability in single player. The few games I replayed multiple times were Quake, Diablo and Final Fantasy VI. Multiplayer is another issue. I envy all who complain about replayability - they must have enough free time for it, or nothing important to do.
by Ravenheart87
Oct 18 2008, 12:12
Topic: Q&A: Mike Morhaime on DRM, WoW and the next MMO
Replies: 23
Views: 2845

Q&A: Mike Morhaime on DRM, WoW and the next MMO

World of StarCraft?
by Ravenheart87
Sep 25 2008, 5:36
Topic: Four Stars and a Half for King´s Bounty
Replies: 48
Views: 7493

Four Stars and a Half for King´s Bounty

All hail Katauri, they did great job. While there are developers, who love their games and care about the gamers, there is hope that we'll once hear about a spiritual successor of HoMM2 or M&M.
by Ravenheart87
Sep 21 2008, 7:35
Topic: King´s Bounty English Demo
Replies: 73
Views: 10717

King´s Bounty English Demo

No cooldown for might? How about giving some nasty abilities to might monsters and heroes, which need cooldown too (ie. Horned Demon's leap, Assassin's Stealth)? I like cooldowns, because in Heroes, after all mana is down, there's nothing interesting in spellcaster creatures - they'll just attack li...
by Ravenheart87
Sep 17 2008, 4:50
Topic: King´s Bounty English Demo
Replies: 73
Views: 10717

King´s Bounty English Demo

"Can anyone type the link to solve the "d3dx9_33.dll was not found" trouble," Are you using XP or Vista? On Vista I encountered a problem like this, with Heroes5 and UT3. I suppose it's because Vista has DX10 by default, but installed DX9 over it, and everything is okay since then. DirectX10 is stil...
by Ravenheart87
Aug 20 2008, 7:38
Topic: Patch 3.1 Available for Download
Replies: 24
Views: 3975

Patch 3.1 Available for Download

Maybe there are no balance issues, just we are too inane to understand the brilliant equilibrium of Heroes5, or too noob to the game...
Well, at least we know they (and the HoMM franchise) aren't dead.
by Ravenheart87
Jun 10 2008, 18:38
Topic: Flamestryke: In Memoriam
Replies: 27
Views: 9822

Flamestryke: In Memoriam

Rest in peace. Her homepage is one of my favourites, she made a really good job.
by Ravenheart87
Jun 5 2008, 7:26
Topic: JVC Working on a Fantasy MMO
Views: 4303

JVC Working on a Fantasy MMO

"Anyway, I daresay Spore will be pretty original..."

Truly original: first you play pac-man, then sims, populous, civilization (light) and master of orion. It's just a mix of good games, but nothing really originial.:)
by Ravenheart87
Jun 4 2008, 8:12
Topic: JVC Working on a Fantasy MMO
Views: 4303

JVC Working on a Fantasy MMO

"A fantasy MMO , now that is something original that everyone is waiting for ..." Do you really believe that there will be any original games in the next hundred years? I don't care if a game is unoriginal, if it's good. "On the flipside, If this game makes enough money, maybe JVC can buy back the f...
by Ravenheart87
May 27 2008, 5:48
Topic: Forum "Anniversary" Coming Up
Replies: 33
Views: 5782

Forum "Anniversary" Coming Up

No one can predict the end of the world, no one except for aliens when they decide to attack us :D

Too musch X-files? :D
by Ravenheart87
May 20 2008, 17:36
Topic: On sales ..
Replies: 25
Views: 6021

On sales ..

No need for remakes. Why to turn back, if you can go forward? If you really want to play H2-3, than play with the original. Remakes are just an easy method to sell you the same thing twice. There's nothing creative or impressive in it. It's just easy money. I hope we'll hear from HeroesVI soon.
by Ravenheart87
May 19 2008, 22:19
Topic: On sales ..
Replies: 25
Views: 6021

On sales ..

And HoMMV was still cheaper, than most EA Games titles, for example...
by Ravenheart87
Apr 29 2008, 20:53
Topic: King`s Bounty: First Review
Replies: 76
Views: 13888

King`s Bounty: First Review

Too many good games from Russia nowadays... Need to learn russian...
by Ravenheart87
Apr 23 2008, 10:00
Topic: King`s Bounty: First Review
Replies: 76
Views: 13888

King`s Bounty: First Review

@tress: Everyone is overzelous about games from his own country in Europe (especially in the eastern section). We, in Hungary were also fanatic about Imperium Galactica...

Go to advanced search