Search found 128 matches

by lotusreaver
Aug 28 2009, 3:52
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Thumbnail plot summaries for HOMM V?
Replies: 60
Views: 18127

by lotusreaver
Aug 24 2009, 19:47
Topic: Heroes 6 wishlist (draft)
Replies: 328
Views: 95098

Actually, a while back I wrote about my wishlist for Heroes VI here . Some of the ideas mirror what you all have included in this thread. But there are also concepts that are more outrageous, should Ubi want to be less conservative with their approach this time around. The ideas aren't fully fleshed...
by lotusreaver
Aug 24 2009, 19:39

Have you any more details on that one, perchance? What was the elongated answer? Well, the long answer is that Ubi invested a lot of time and energy to develop a new universe for future Heroes V games and they didn't want to be bogged down with the old storyline. All these decisions pretty much com...
by lotusreaver
Aug 24 2009, 1:15

But wait... wait...

Good Nicolai rides a horse, Bad Nicolai doesn't.
Bad Arthas rides a horse, Good Arthas doesn't.

JK. :p
by lotusreaver
Aug 23 2009, 18:46

BTW lotusreaver - if you going to summary Zehir campaign don't forget about two cutscenes that were addad in some patch (were missing ealier). Can you refresh my memory as to which cut-scenes these are? Just a vague description will do. I have the most recent patch, so I probably have seen them. Bu...
by lotusreaver
Aug 23 2009, 18:43
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Barbarian/Might/Stronghold Music Evolution
Replies: 15
Views: 5909

Price of Loyalty's Barbarian Theme is the best, hands down. I love duets.
by lotusreaver
Aug 23 2009, 5:10
Topic: Heroes II - CD Stereo
Replies: 4
Views: 1939

Did this resolve the issue?
by lotusreaver
Aug 23 2009, 4:36

In terms of H5, in writing the campaign summaries, I've noticed that a lot of the characters are just plain clueless or don't have the common sense to act when they sense something is wrong. Who would you say is the most clueless/stupid of the characters. And who would you say is the smartest/most l...
by lotusreaver
Aug 23 2009, 4:32
Topic: Knight/Castle/Haven Music Evolution
Replies: 13
Views: 5203

I Voted for H5. That's not to say I don't like the other themes. The H1 theme sounds a little too 'renaissance faire' to me. H2 theme is great, but takes a while to get started. Because I can usually complete my building and hiring in the first 15 seconds, I never really get past the piano intro in ...
by lotusreaver
Aug 22 2009, 22:41

I'm currently running through the necromancer campaign for the purposes of writing the next installment. And I realized something. In many ways, Queen Isabel in H5 is far, far worse than the Biara imposter in HoF.
by lotusreaver
Aug 22 2009, 20:25
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Alternative to mm6 ???
Replies: 24
Views: 5778

And if you are a handheld gamer (like Nintendo DS) I highly recommend trying out Dark Spire and Etrian Odyssey. Both of them do a good job recreating the old grid-based RPGs of PC gaming past. In the case of Etrian Odyssey, the game even provided its own digital graph paper for you to map out every ...
by lotusreaver
Aug 22 2009, 20:09

Part 2 is uploaded. Oh Agrael. Will your troubles never end?
by lotusreaver
Aug 22 2009, 19:53
Topic: 3DO website
Replies: 59
Views: 30971

Were there ever any talks from the original development team about the storyline, or how it would connect with HOMM IV? Looking at creatures like the catelf, and the absence of angels with the Haven faction, I'm really curious where they were taking the story.
by lotusreaver
Aug 21 2009, 4:54

parcaleste wrote:BDW do I miss "the Markal incident" or you did not went through there?

I'll get to Markal's campaign eventually. I'm doing them in order and am currently finishing up Agrael's campaign. Stay tuned.
by lotusreaver
Aug 18 2009, 3:29

I'd like for them to combine the universes of the older M&M games with the newer ones, even if it's only by having some older heroes portal in. (They do mention Sandro and Crag hack in Heroes 5, but those are names already used by multiple characters in the old M&M universe) Yeah. That's no...
by lotusreaver
Aug 18 2009, 3:13

Isabel's campaign summary completed: HERE

Did I leave out anything significant?
by lotusreaver
Aug 17 2009, 4:09

Alright, I finished the last of the HoF chapters this morning. Will start the original campaigns soon.
by lotusreaver
Aug 17 2009, 4:08
Topic: Heroes II - CD Stereo
Replies: 4
Views: 1939

I had this issue for a while with Heroes II CD Stereo music. I'm playing on Vista 32. After months of troubleshooting, I was able to give up. But then I noticed that in Vista's sound settings, CD audio was muted. I did not notice this before because you have to actually go to the mixer and enable th...
by lotusreaver
Aug 17 2009, 4:00
Topic: Sound Design? Awesome! Sound Editing? Crappy.
Replies: 3
Views: 1486

The sound I miss the most is the jingle that would play when you build something.
by lotusreaver
Aug 15 2009, 6:15

Thumbnail plot summaries for HOMM V?

So this little endeavor began as a one-off bit where I used thumbnails to satirize the campaign of Heroes V: Tribes of the East. Tongue-in-cheek stuff, really. [ LINK ] It's filled with in-jokes and references that people who have played through the campaign will recognize. This was back in 2007. Re...

Go to advanced search