Search found 128 matches

by lotusreaver
Aug 16 2010, 4:37
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: The HOMM Music Remix Thread
Replies: 10
Views: 2950

Lots of talented people out there in the world. Here are some more remixes I've found on YouTube: HOMMV Haven Town Acoustic Guitar - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CpwK465jQM HOMMIV Academy Acoustic Guitar - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZwRA7F4MQc HOMMIV Dirt Theme Acoustic Guitar - http://www.y...
by lotusreaver
May 4 2010, 18:42
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Need some help buying heroes V
Replies: 8
Views: 2551

As for your second question, there is a collection (3 in 1 box) called Heroes V Epic Collection: http://www.amazon.com/Heroes-Might-Magic-Epic-Collection/dp/B0028GY640 It's currently USD $19.99. The second expansion Tribes of the East basically made Hammers of Fate obsolete as it includes all the ne...
by lotusreaver
Apr 22 2010, 20:50
Topic: The HOMM Music Remix Thread
Views: 2950

The HOMM Music Remix Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQvx_yqmdp8 The artist contacted me about his Heroes II grasslands metal remix, so I thought I'd share it here. I'm always happy when musicians show the soundtrack some much needed love with a cover rendition. Maybe if the song gets popular, it'll encourage him to remi...
by lotusreaver
Mar 27 2010, 7:12
Topic: Bad story telling....
Views: 3916

Heroes III does have a pretty basic story, told through mission briefings and text boxes throughout levels. However, for Heroes Chronicles and Heroes IV, they actually hired a fantasy writer to provide paragraphs and paragraphs of text which I found fascinating.
by lotusreaver
Mar 20 2010, 16:55
Topic: Clash of Heroes HD announced at GDC 2010
Replies: 3
Views: 1599

The game looks great. I played the DS version and enjoyed it a lot. I'm glad the characters actually face the direction that they're walking now. :)
by lotusreaver
Mar 20 2010, 16:54
Topic: Are witch huts worth it?
Replies: 19
Views: 9950

They're great for single player games, where you can use save/load. My heroes rarely end up maxing out their skill slots in multiplayer games. So even if I get a lesser skill from the Witch Hut, it doesn't really affect me. Now if Witch Huts prevented you from gaining a new skill at the next level u...
by lotusreaver
Mar 20 2010, 16:51
Topic: Final Consensus: Was Heroes V a step in the right direction?
Replies: 57
Views: 18035

Incremental steps in the right direction, but not as much as I would have liked. The interface simplification, convoluted storyline, and tunnel-like map design, were all turn-offs for me. However, I did like the improvements made to the flow of combat as well as the skill system. I used to play arou...
by lotusreaver
Mar 20 2010, 16:46
Topic: Bad story telling....
Views: 3916

To echo Corlagon's sentiments, the story itself doesn't get better as a whole, but some of the more technical things (the writing and overall blocking of the scenes) improves marginally. One might argue that the story actually becomes more convoluted.
by lotusreaver
Jan 13 2010, 23:16
Topic: Thumbnail plot summaries for HOMM V?
Replies: 60
Views: 18128

Actually, I just finished Clash of Heroes today and it's surprisingly difficult to make fun of. I think Heroes V's story flaw is that it takes itself way too seriously. Clash of Heroes is silly in appearance, but the result is that the plot ends up a bit more mature in contrast. It kind of saddens m...
by lotusreaver
Dec 14 2009, 1:03
Forum: News
Topic: M&M: Clash of Heroes Hits the Stores
Replies: 21
Views: 5460

M&M: Clash of Heroes Hits the Stores

I've been playing Clash of Heroes and it's really great. Probably the best DS puzzle game of 2009. Although, the whole time while using the stylus, I keep thinking to myself: "they could totally create a proper 2D HOMM for DS."
by lotusreaver
Dec 2 2009, 0:18
Topic: Clash of Heroes to be released on December 1st
Replies: 5
Views: 2002

Here's the YouTube trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wccV45fsoJI

Not sure if this is the same trailer that was posted earlier. It might be. Anyway, I guess one positive is if this puzzle game takes off, it might foster interest in the series proper.
by lotusreaver
Oct 21 2009, 0:38
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: HOMM MMORPG rip-off? Heroes of Gaia
Replies: 7
Views: 5846

I've been playing this and it's pretty fun. Parts of the story are obviously cribbed from H3. Bracada vs. Blakada; AvLee vs. Avily; Erathia vs. Alasia for example. There are also regional versions, some better translated than others. The US version is called Heroes of Gaia. In Europe it's handled by...
by lotusreaver
Oct 9 2009, 9:15
Topic: Title Screen Music Evolution!
Replies: 18
Views: 7267

H4 all the way. It's a pity that after installing the expansions, I now have the terrible Winds of War music playing during the briefings of the original campaign.
by lotusreaver
Sep 20 2009, 23:26
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 316
Views: 213540

Thanks for the kind comments. I have about half of the portraits completed.
by lotusreaver
Sep 19 2009, 7:27
Topic: Necromancer Town Music Evolution
Replies: 17
Views: 6256

I voted for PoL, but I also really like the Heroes IV Necropolis theme. It captures the character of Gauldoth masterfully and is one of the most compelling compositions in the entire soundtrack. The song is just full of conflict. It alternates between the evil brass themes of Heroes III and heroic t...
by lotusreaver
Sep 17 2009, 0:19
Topic: Favorite terrain type in Heroes games
Replies: 11
Views: 2379

I voted for Snow. It consistently had the best terrain musical themes throughout the series, except for HV, which had no theme.
by lotusreaver
Sep 16 2009, 1:14

That's true. Well, hopefully you'll settle for some fan art instead.
by lotusreaver
Sep 15 2009, 18:23

Hmm... dunno if that's going to happen. The whole summary would be something like:

Sareth: *kicks orcs off cliff*
Sareth: *kicks orcs into spikes*
Sareth: *kicks soldier*
*game crash*
by lotusreaver
Sep 13 2009, 18:28

And that's a wrap! Here's The Mage campaign. All summaries are now completed.
by lotusreaver
Sep 12 2009, 6:27
Topic: Zombies, beware!
Replies: 76
Views: 18529

Old school love for Heroes II's Mutant Zombie.

Go to advanced search