Search found 128 matches

by lotusreaver
12 Aug 2009, 00:23
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Poll: Should I do the rest of the Heroes music?
Replies: 13
Views: 4282

Corlagon wrote:Might and Magic Wiki? GreatEmerald and I have been working on a bit of a revival. :P
I noticed. Great to see that Heroespedia is getting its much deserved stimulus.
by lotusreaver
09 Aug 2009, 17:42
Topic: Poll: Should I do the rest of the Heroes music?
Views: 4282

I love Heroes music. DO WANT.
by lotusreaver
04 Aug 2009, 20:48
Topic: Heroes 4 storyline
Replies: 14
Views: 5544

Not 100% sure. But Arantir says it a lot in the actual campaign. I guess it's supposed to convey his belief that Asha uses all things, alive or dead, to accomplish her will. But Arantir really needs to shut up about that.
by lotusreaver
04 Aug 2009, 08:07

Ha ha. Yeah. I still need to finish my thumbnail theater for the last chapter of the last campaign of Tribes of the East.
by lotusreaver
04 Aug 2009, 01:10
Forum: News
Topic: Animated Town Screen
Replies: 37
Views: 23343

Animated Town Screen Videos

Actually yours might be a bootleg. I'm pretty sure the actual Sorceress theme in the Gold version sounds like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZjTF4ZxA-g
by lotusreaver
04 Aug 2009, 01:06
Topic: Animated Town Screen
Replies: 37
Views: 23343

Animated Town Screen Videos

Interesting. I didn't realize that Heroes 2 Gold has a version of the Sorceress Castle theme that's different from the one in Heroes 2 and Price of Loyalty. I'm also curious why they removed two tracks and supplanted them with Heroes 3 music instead of just using the Price of Loyalty version.
by lotusreaver
01 Aug 2009, 07:07
Topic: Took me only 8 years, but I finally managed to beat H3:SOD!!
Views: 5486

Did you finish the game on Easy difficulty, or on the recommended default difficulty? Heh heh.
by lotusreaver
01 Aug 2009, 07:05

Thanks for the HOMM IV campaign texts. Man, I loved the storyline. It was captivating and probably the most 'complete' part of the game for me.

Too bad the expansions were lacking in this department. They went from paragraphs and paragraphs of prose to "rawr, go attack channon!" :)
by lotusreaver
01 Aug 2009, 06:58
Topic: Which game to play <tell me what you would do!>?
Replies: 31
Views: 11781

Are you asking which game to play first, or which game to complete first? If you're planning to complete the game (meaning finishing all the campaigns) I would probably start with HOMMIII, Armageddon's Blade, Shadow of Death, and then HOMM IV. HOMMII is charming and HOMMV is pretty. But I think the ...
by lotusreaver
01 Aug 2009, 06:48
Topic: HOMM II anyone still play?
Replies: 7
Views: 3455

I still play it every once in a while. Surprisingly, it actually runs well in Vista. However, I really really miss the quick combat option from the later games.
by lotusreaver
01 Aug 2009, 06:30
Topic: [HOMM IV] Origin of the Sea Theme, The Similar Music Thread
Views: 39869

Actually, I got another email from Paul Romero which provided some closure. I posted it on my blog , but I'll also repost the email here. “I think what all three of us composers have in common is that we probably used an ancient instrument sample (companies sell pre-recorded bits of ancient instrume...
by lotusreaver
01 Aug 2009, 03:18

I emailed Paul Romero, the composer, about why two of the tracks in the HOMM IV soundtrack and Twelve Kingdoms are virtually identical. What a nice guy! Here's what he responded with: The chord progressions used in both sets of music are progressions that date back up to 500 years. Many composers us...
by lotusreaver
31 Jul 2009, 23:40

More fun parallels: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiUgycUNFJo (Warlords Battlecry II) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gp998NT1hw (HOMMIV) Also, check out the first 15 seconds of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wToDNLRDfjs (Black & White 2) And the last 2 minutes of this track sounds like the sn...
by lotusreaver
31 Jul 2009, 23:25

[HOMM IV] Origin of the Sea Theme, The Similar Music Thread

Hi guys, I had a question about the sea theme in Heroes IV and its origin. Here's the YouTube video for reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDXNSWJLuo The same song appears in Sea Dogs II/Pirates of the Caribbean as the Tavern theme (2003) and in a Japanese anime series which premiered in 200...
by lotusreaver
08 May 2009, 07:35
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes 6 wishlist (draft)
Replies: 328
Views: 138068

The textboxes are an extremely important part of what flavors heroes. It's just not the same when texts like "You play a drinking game with some dwarves, where a mug is passed around, and whoever drinks last buys the next round. After buying every round, you don't feel bad about taking the mug...
by lotusreaver
15 Oct 2007, 02:35
Topic: The TotE Demo fixed my DX10 problems with HOMMV and HoF
Replies: 5
Views: 3434

The difference here is that I've heard of issues that occur when installing both DX9 and DX10, so I was reluctant to do so. In this case, I didn't install DX9. It was just because of a single missing .dll that Heroes V requires to run.
by lotusreaver
13 Oct 2007, 00:57

I found the reason why installing the TotE demo resolved the DX9 issue. It's actually quite simple. But I figure I'd post it here for closure's sake and in case somebody who encounters a similar problem happens to Google this thread. Upon closer investigation, it seems that the reason the TotE demo ...
by lotusreaver
12 Oct 2007, 23:15
Topic: Best theme in Heroes V?
Replies: 15
Views: 4404

For me, Haven wins hands down. The Academy and Sylvan themes are also quite good. The other themes fit the scenery well, but because of their ambient nature, aren't as memorable as they probably could have been. I still think the Necropolis has too much brass.
by lotusreaver
12 Oct 2007, 23:12
Topic: TotE Is Out
Replies: 198
Views: 33020

I had a quick question. Does the snow terrain have its own dedicated theme music now, or does it still share the grass terrain's theme?

I know it's not important in the grand scheme of things, but I'm a bit curious about it.
by lotusreaver
29 Sep 2007, 04:06

The TotE Demo fixed my DX10 problems with HOMMV and HoF

Installing this demo fixed all of my problems with HOMMV and HoF with DirectX 10. I'm not sure why or how, but it did. When my computer crashed, I bought a new one preloaded with Vista and DX10, but without DX9. This prevented HOMMV and HOF from working via the well-documented "missing DX9 file...

Go to advanced search