Search found 4210 matches

by Corribus
Sep 7 2012, 1:51
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Your Home Theater
Replies: 167
Views: 42663

What I didn't check was whether the ampflifier, DVD and VHS players all fitted inside it, and look at the precision! They all fit ... just! :D Be careful with that. Ventillation is important, especially for the amp. Should have a few inches on each side, and on top where the vents are. If you squis...
by Corribus
Sep 7 2012, 1:49
Topic: The Random Pictures thread
Replies: 361
Views: 83163

I don't know how you europeans live with such small appliances. I stayed in an apartment when I was in Paris and I thought I was in munchkin land.
by Corribus
Aug 26 2012, 19:43
Topic: What are you currently reading?
Replies: 614
Views: 131804

The Darkness that Comes Before is the first book? I've got to get through my current behemoth first (Swan Song by Robert McCammon) but then I'll make a trip to the library.
by Corribus
Aug 26 2012, 15:53

@wimfrits

We'll trade recommendations and then share notes. :)
by Corribus
Aug 25 2012, 20:33

No, good? Abercrombie's first books definitely have a few rough edges. You can feel that he's learning a bit as he goes. But Best Served Cold may be one of the best fantasy novels I've ever read, and The Heroes is not far behind. You might also try, if you've got an appreciation for dry humor and a ...
by Corribus
Aug 25 2012, 15:32

Shadowmarch got better as it went along, but I still had a lot of problems with it. Most main characters aren't particularly interesting - in fact were borderline annoying - and while the developed mythology was intriguing, the multiple names for each diety and divine event blurred together to the p...
by Corribus
Aug 12 2012, 14:29
Forum: News
Topic: Poll: H6 Expansion or H7?
Replies: 80
Views: 23425

H3 took H2's gameplay and made every faction more conform to the same build pattern... i still don't get why it's the best liked in the series.
Two words: Map Editor
by Corribus
Aug 12 2012, 2:02
Topic: The Random Pictures thread
Replies: 361
Views: 83163

Here's my bed. It's really big - my last flat had a really small one, so I had to compensate for the years in a tiny bed. :)

So that's where all the magic happens... (bow chicka bow)
by Corribus
Aug 9 2012, 1:10
Topic: A most joyful family event
Replies: 38
Views: 19898

Touch wood for you 3!!!
That's what got him in this predicament in the first place. ;)
by Corribus
Jul 28 2012, 21:07
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: HoMM3 won't find my map.
Replies: 10
Views: 14147

Maybe that would work, but I have a feeling it's something more fundamental about the way Win7 handles file structure. Usually if it's UAC related you at least get a prompt or warning. This just happens automatically when creating files in the Program Files directory.
by Corribus
Jul 28 2012, 20:10
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: HoMM3 won't find my map.
Replies: 10
Views: 14147

I recall having a problem when I tried to do that. The compatibility files didn't move along with the directory or some such. Uninstalling and reinstalling (or doing what I described above) works every time.
by Corribus
Jul 28 2012, 18:01
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 3: Need help with the Map Editor!
Replies: 11
Views: 10623

This is a glitchy thing with Windows 7.

Thankfully I already found a solution.

viewtopic.php?t=12241&highlight=compatibility+files
by Corribus
Jul 18 2012, 20:35
Topic: Timothy Duncan's Heroes 2 Maps and Agent of Heaven Campaign
Views: 28336

If you're interested in the latest (unreleased) versions of the first four campaign maps, send me a pm. I'm not ready to upload them publicly, because I'm still tweaking, but the events have a lot of inconsistencies fixed and other small changes and emblishments that make them better. However, only ...
by Corribus
Jul 17 2012, 2:09

My completed H3 (vanilla) maps are: Goldheart Sander's Folly The Outpost of Progress (Traemask I) The Story of the Fool (Traemask II) I also have an in progress campaign for the WoG expansion: Last Hope THUNK Adjudication Toran Rift Cave of Dreams* * = forthcoming You will have to download WoG in or...
by Corribus
Jul 14 2012, 5:54
Topic: What is your avatar and why?
Replies: 50
Views: 21452

I chose an evil eye because I'm evil and I have the ability to see through ****.
by Corribus
Jul 13 2012, 12:10

If you need an up to date version, let me know. That map does have a few outstanding bugs and also needs some text polishing. Maybe some day I'll get to it. ;)
by Corribus
Jul 10 2012, 23:53

I'm glad you figured it out, and sorry for not seeing this earlier. :)
by Corribus
Jul 10 2012, 23:52
Forum: News
Topic: Reselling DL-ed Games Legal in EU
Replies: 28
Views: 8578

Re: Reselling DL-ed Games Legal in EU

As somebody who actually is Irish, I take obligatory mild offence at this question.
Does this mean you're back now?
by Corribus
Jun 7 2012, 22:10
Topic: Artist wanted
Replies: 2
Views: 1657

Related to H3:WoG.
by Corribus
May 31 2012, 3:13
Topic: Artist wanted
Replies: 2
Views: 1657

Artist wanted

Hi folks, I have an ongoing HoMM-related project that needs a talented digital artist. Much of this work will be spent creating portraits, but other inspired art may also be desirable. Obviously this would be pro-bono. If you've got an interest, and also some digital drawing skills, please send me a...

Go to advanced search