Search found 80 matches

by Arveragus
24 Oct 2007, 16:05
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: ToE AI
Replies: 12
Views: 5530

In my experience, the AI never retreated in the campaign. I play on normal difficulty, so that may have something to do with it, though.

I also noticed a tendency with enemy heroes to hold back his troops and defend with them, instead of attacking. And not just when he is being besieged either.
by Arveragus
24 Oct 2007, 15:20
Forum: Articles
Topic: Will of Asha Walkthrough Started
Replies: 31
Views: 22767

Tribes of the East ￾￾¨ Will of Asha ￾￾¨ Last Soul Standing

Ornella is not an entirely new character: Ornella and Giovanni were introduced in a single player scenario in HoF.
by Arveragus
24 Oct 2007, 15:16
Topic: ToE Necro Campaign - Sorrow and Vampirism
Replies: 15
Views: 5000

I received a number of new spells, including Vampirism, in the fifth mission of the Necromancer campaign.
by Arveragus
24 Oct 2007, 15:11
Topic: TotE 2nd Mission w/ Zehir
Replies: 16
Views: 5938

Freyda will have to fight again in a future campaign (in what was probably the hardest fight in the campaign for me), so make sure to level her up as much as possible and make sure she has good skills and abilities. Use the Memory Mentor on the map if necessary. Duncan will not return in an active r...
by Arveragus
24 Oct 2007, 01:57
Topic: Memory Mentor?
Replies: 14
Views: 9337

Has anyone seen this on a Randomly Generated map? I have not, but then again, I do not play those. Also, do you pay per skill? or once, and then you are flushed? You pay for each individual ability (ex. Pathfinding) and for each level of a skill. So if you want to completely lose say, Advanced Logi...
by Arveragus
24 Oct 2007, 00:33
Topic: Memory Mentor?
Replies: 14
Views: 9337

The Memory Mentor is one of the best additions to the Heroes V game. The best thing about is that the choices offered after forgetting a skill are completely random, whereas regular level-ups offer the exact same skills every time (even when you reload). The only thing that may not work as intended ...
by Arveragus
21 Oct 2007, 01:30
Topic: So how do I get a Cyclops to make a melee attack?
Replies: 3
Views: 3394

So how do I get a Cyclops to make a melee attack?

In TotE, both upgraded variants of the Cyclops (Stronghold level 7 creature) have the ability to perform a ranged attack by throwing a goblin. This can only be done when there is at least one goblin in a tile next to the Cyclops. When this is the case, the ranged attack becomes the Cyclops' default ...
by Arveragus
26 Sep 2007, 08:09
Forum: News
Topic: More King´s Bounty Coverage
Replies: 10
Views: 3231

More King´s Bounty Coverage

The game looks very nice, so I'll be keeping an eye out for it. Before it is released they had better do a spelling check, though (I am not making any of the following up; this text is in real screenshots). Horsemans becomes in protection and got defense bonus. Demonesses had caused 46 damage. Cryti...
by Arveragus
19 Sep 2007, 19:58
Topic: King's Bounty Forum and Shots
Replies: 25
Views: 7583

King's Bounty Forum and Shots

@Nebs

The game used to be called 'Battle Lord', but 1C has since acquired the right to use the name 'King's Bounty' and figured (probably correctly) that name recognition would sell more copies of the game, so they renamed it.
by Arveragus
11 Sep 2007, 20:21
Topic: Tribes of the East in October?
Replies: 73
Views: 17598

Tribes of the East in October?

ToTheGame now has the following release dates:

US: 9th of October

UK/Nordic: 12th of October

http://www.tothegame.com/game.asp?id=6553
by Arveragus
09 Sep 2007, 19:15

If the US release date has been pushed back (as was apparently officially confirmed by Ubisoft), surely this means that the European release date will be pushed back as well? @jeff: The European Union is potentially much bigger than the US. The 27 member states currently hold close to 500 million pe...
by Arveragus
07 Sep 2007, 12:12

EBgames has listed October 16th as the release date. All sites in my country still have September 20th or 21st. If I am not mistaken, I believe that both Heroes V and Hammers of Fate were both released in Europe before they were out in the US. The gap was not as big as this, though; mere days instea...
by Arveragus
23 Aug 2007, 14:46
Topic: Tribes of the East - Leipzig trailer
Replies: 27
Views: 5329

The English site has been updated with the same information as the French one now.

http://mightandmagic.uk.ubi.com/
by Arveragus
16 Aug 2007, 18:02
Topic: Tribes Video and Shots
Views: 6837

Tribes Video and Shots

TotE is currently available for pre-order at the Dutch Bol.com site for 29,99 euro. I will not pre-order this, though, because one of my local stores will probably sell it for even less (they usually do).link
by Arveragus
15 Aug 2007, 10:13
Topic: Tribes Video and Shots
Views: 6837

Tribes Video and Shots

I do hope that they go over the text a few times before they release it, since it seems to contain a number of errors. I do not want to see things like 'Powerfull Blow' (sic) in the full game. I also feel that the description of the Blood Rage ability needs some work.
by Arveragus
13 Aug 2007, 15:55
Topic: Settlers Beta Test
Replies: 11
Views: 4115

Settlers Beta Test

I am familiar with the Settlers series, because back in the day, I made the mistake of buying part III and somewhat later, someone thought he did me a favour by buying me part IV. I was less than impressed with either game. Now for some reason, the Settlers series is hugely popular in Europe (especi...
by Arveragus
01 Aug 2007, 16:38
Topic: Tribes Preview at GameSpy
Replies: 16
Views: 4441

Tribes Preview at GameSpy

A local online retailer here in the Netherlands has the release date set for September 27th.
by Arveragus
29 Jul 2007, 06:00
Topic: Help needed for HoF mission 5, campaign 2 "Laszlo"
Replies: 19
Views: 6604

First of all, you can check out a walkthrough, like this one: https://www.celestialheavens.com/678 Though this particular one is not particularly helpful if you have trouble winning the fight. Like my fellow Dutchman here noted, Wulfstan should by now be able to use the town portal spell (unless you...
by Arveragus
28 Jul 2007, 13:20
Topic: Tribes of the East Previews
Replies: 97
Views: 17716

Tribes of the East Previews

$30? Hammers of Fate cost 20 euro or less when it was released here in Europe.
by Arveragus
27 Jul 2007, 20:18
Topic: New ToE screenshots
Replies: 27
Views: 17759

The Orc town is called Bastion in this new GameSpot preview (dated 27/07):

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/her ... id=6175659

Go to advanced search