Search found 588 matches

by TheUndeadKing
Sep 7 2011, 15:25
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Sounds...
Replies: 9
Views: 2718

I hear the Deus Ex alarm all the time in TV shows. What a shame. B-) Back in the day, Team Fortress 2's "Achievement Unlocked" sound used to pop up randomly in Beavis & Butt-head episodes. Here's one of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLckExB_pVw&t=2m16s pottery breaking OMG,...
by TheUndeadKing
Sep 6 2011, 22:19
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia
Replies: 11
Views: 4068

Really? Didn't know. Perhaps they flooded too much PoPs in a short time, then creativity didn't follow? ;| Nah, fans wanted them to continue the trilogy (as fans loved the trilogy and the Prince in it), but they wanted to try something new and different (as the trilogy was pretty much perfect the w...
by TheUndeadKing
Sep 6 2011, 20:58

The Forgotten Sands is an interquel, it tells the story between The Sands of Time and Warrior Within. It has better graphics, the gameplay isn't bad either (well most PoP games are fun to play anyway), but overall it's just a weak addition to the trilogy (and it feels a bit out of place). There's al...
by TheUndeadKing
Sep 3 2011, 20:16

Re: Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia

I personally think that WW is the best; because of the intense atmosphere and gameplay. That is exactly what I think, too. And as for graphics, WW had the best texture quality in the trilogy. God knows why it got worse in The Two Thrones. :| Though I must also add that even though it was my favorit...
by TheUndeadKing
Aug 30 2011, 21:39
Topic: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Replies: 26
Views: 6774

Yeah, they were inside a " container ". There were 2-3 containers if I recall correctly. I asked it because not that it was something hard to find but it was something missed too easily. I found it out way later (about 5-6 years after I first played it :ashamed: ), and a lot of my friends ...
by TheUndeadKing
Aug 30 2011, 18:37

Anyway, it can't top this (didn't find better video which would have more than just the video portion of the monologue): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIWFamOkBGQ Shorter version without noise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkBrIrQikWY Different part of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge...
by TheUndeadKing
Aug 30 2011, 16:25

Oh, I see. It's a matter of preference, after all. I just like the first game for many reasons and it really is more than just nostalgia to me. No offense to Adam Jensen, but JC Denton will always be my favourite biomodified hero of all time. B-) Even though I haven't played it yet, one thing I must...
by TheUndeadKing
Aug 29 2011, 20:25

Well, nostalgia aside, Deus Ex really is still something special after all these years. It was never "perfect", even when it was released (its graphics were criticized when it came out in 2000!), but it was and still is a hell lot better than the sum of its parts. The atmosphere, the level...
by TheUndeadKing
Aug 28 2011, 22:09

What about the story, characters and (most importantly) dialogue?

It's very good to hear that Human Revolution is a worthy addition to the series, even though I don't think it can top the original Deus Ex.
by TheUndeadKing
Aug 28 2011, 15:29

hatsforclowns wrote:
Humakt wrote:I've now reached China and I have to say that so far this is better than the first Deus Ex. That should tell you how awesome game this is.

Blasphemy! Prepare to eat my Dragon's Tooth.

*thwack* *thwack* YAARGH!!!

What a shame. He was a good man. What a rotten way to die. B-)
by TheUndeadKing
Aug 22 2011, 22:20

It's coming out this week, and OMG, it's very promising! B-)
by TheUndeadKing
Aug 2 2011, 15:02
Topic: Diablo III
Replies: 442
Views: 80285

I hope they remove the protection with a patch later (at least for the single player part).
by TheUndeadKing
Aug 2 2011, 13:43
Topic: Diablo III
Replies: 442
Views: 80285

and as more publishers go for this type of DRM, it gets more accepted for others to do it. Why they do it is of course still a mystery. The answer is "impatience". I think they just force it and look at the sales figures and probably see a significant increase in sales. While this may mea...
by TheUndeadKing
Jul 25 2011, 20:30
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Let's talk town conversions...
Replies: 30
Views: 9929

I agree with TT. Besides instant conversion shouldn't be possible (or should be limited to MP games) in a turn based strategy. H5 had alternate creatures and you could instantly convert them to one another (for a laughable price) which also ruined the gameplay for me.
by TheUndeadKing
Jul 25 2011, 14:56
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Let's talk town conversions...
Replies: 30
Views: 9929

Re: Let's talk town conversions...

hit and run conversions

I feared this would happen long before anything H6-related was released (and sadly, it has happened). Ah, well, bargain bin it is, then.
by TheUndeadKing
Jul 25 2011, 14:47
Topic: Norwegian members, are you guys ok...
Replies: 29
Views: 8774

My condolences to the families and friends of all the victims.
by TheUndeadKing
Jul 15 2011, 21:16

Wow, I didn't know "a preview for educational purposes" was released already! :D
by TheUndeadKing
Jul 14 2011, 23:13

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Now this game looks and sounds way ambitious to me. I really hope they can pull it off this time, because I really don't want another Invisible War.

Look who's talking during 00:20-00:29:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/consp ... -ex/717259
by TheUndeadKing
Jul 14 2011, 17:57
Topic: Movies
Replies: 1047
Views: 128550

ThunderTitan wrote:Wolverine was on 10 teams at the same time

Well, yeah, if you're talking about the comics and such, blame Marvel (Stan Lee?) for that. Same goes for Iron Man, too.
by TheUndeadKing
Jul 13 2011, 23:05
Topic: Movies
Replies: 1047
Views: 128550

This was very surprisingly decent... maybe even the best X-Men film so far Good to hear (I haven't seen it yet). It's really sad that the previous movies were underwhelming, especially given the epic cast they had (Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman, Alan Cumming, etc). ... and certainly t...

Go to advanced search