Search found 588 matches

by TheUndeadKing
18 Nov 2011, 23:31
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: TES V: Skyrim Announced!
Replies: 74
Views: 40027

I don't get why you guys insist on "AI seeing through movable objects" being the better solution. X-Ray vision wouldn't make it any less lazy or sloppy, either.
by TheUndeadKing
18 Nov 2011, 14:31

While funny and very stupid (because the AI doesn't react to being blind or being disturbed/harassed), i think that is pretty cool because it's very rare in games that you can actually block an AI's vision completely by using movable objects. Most of the time they are programmed to see through these...
by TheUndeadKing
14 Nov 2011, 19:27

Ethric wrote:Oh, and do I win something?
Ethric wrote:I hope they've learned from their mistakes in Oblivion and simplified the game mechanics, so that I don't have to think as much.
Damnit, I still can't swing my sword using a wiimote, so no, you get nothing! You lose! Good day, Sir!
by TheUndeadKing
10 Nov 2011, 19:04
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Question to modmakers of H4 (titlescreen)
Replies: 2
Views: 2158

Re: Question to modmakers of H4 (titlescreen)

Duzeom_ wrote:Is it possible to change titlescreen and mainmenu theme for the ones in H4 standard edition? I mean a situation - I execute the WoW game I see a standard edition titlescreen and music?
YES. Follow my instructions on page 2:
viewtopic.php?t=4909
by TheUndeadKing
31 Oct 2011, 20:17
Forum: Campfire
Topic: CH website redesign?
Replies: 17
Views: 8890

I still want to keep the basic look of the main page; I like the red/black colour scheme and the general layout - though I agree whole-heartedly that we should try to make it a bit more modern. I, too, like the current basic look and layout of the main page, but yes, I would definitely like it even...
by TheUndeadKing
27 Oct 2011, 19:58
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Why not "HOMM6" but "MMH6"?
Replies: 6
Views: 3202

They should have done this "renaming" starting with H5, not H6. And I do think it is necessary to differentiate the new Ubisoft series from the old NWC era.
by TheUndeadKing
27 Oct 2011, 19:44
Topic: Games you bought but never really played
Replies: 19
Views: 11725

Actually, Age of Mythology was a fantastic game for its time (I still think it's a very good game), given it was one of the earliest "true 3D" RTS games ever released. It looked good, too. Age of Empires III was a good game, as well, but the major problem with it was the maps were WAY smal...
by TheUndeadKing
23 Oct 2011, 18:27
Topic: Will they get rid of uplay?
Replies: 10
Views: 5428

To your question, I suspect two or three years from or about a year after the last expansion a patch for those who have bought it and a fully independent version will be available to purchase for those who haven't. I can't see UBI maintaining server space indefinitely. Or they can just pull the plu...
by TheUndeadKing
22 Oct 2011, 17:17
Topic: Crashes!..can't..take..it..anymore!
Replies: 12
Views: 8170

I had 3 crashes so far . 1 before drivers update and 2 later(in demo not in the game) . ATI cards have crashes with some games , it is the long question ,but shortly: Microsoft supports Nvidia so Nvidia's card are more expansive but their routines are better . Uh, no. Microsoft doesn't provide any ...
by TheUndeadKing
20 Oct 2011, 17:31
Topic: Rank HoMM OSTs
Replies: 16
Views: 8704

1. H4
2. H3
3. H2
4. H5
5. H6
6. H1
by TheUndeadKing
18 Oct 2011, 14:23
Topic: Yet Another H6 Rant?
Replies: 14
Views: 9408

Disciples tried that, and although it worked OK with the undead faction (non-undead were necromancers- although they also had werewolves in that faction, which I never understood), the demonic faction felt more like a mix of types, rather than a blend (if you get my distinction in terms) While I do...
by TheUndeadKing
13 Oct 2011, 23:25
Topic: Pointless but Funny Links
Replies: 1351
Views: 398151

by TheUndeadKing
11 Oct 2011, 10:52
Topic: Retaliation Poll
Replies: 28
Views: 12463

They should also fix the "wasting enemy's retaliation with just 1 unit" exploit. It ruins both counter attack and simultaneous retaliation. Maybe they should borrow a couple of things from Civilization's retaliation system, in which units counter attack and simultaneously retaliate at the ...
by TheUndeadKing
10 Oct 2011, 13:52
Topic: Retaliation Poll
Replies: 28
Views: 12463

100 Enemy Swordsmen attack my 100 Swordsmen.
Enemy rolls a "Lucky Turn".
93 of my Swordsmen die.
Remaining 7 Swordsmen retaliate.
They can't kill a frickin' soldier.

Voted for Simultaneous Retaliation.
by TheUndeadKing
07 Oct 2011, 11:08
Topic: In Memoriam...
Replies: 367
Views: 195008

My condolences, as well. (And sorry for missing your post on top of this page.)
by TheUndeadKing
06 Oct 2011, 21:31
Topic: Is Heroes V really so bad? A more detailed examination
Replies: 15
Views: 12059

Yeah, it penalizes units who stand or walk on top of it. Can't remember what else it did, as units rarely stayed there.
by TheUndeadKing
06 Oct 2011, 20:14

Oh, I see. They're very useful and fun when you know how they work. For starters, units behind castle walls gain a minor defense boost. Flying units lose movement points when they fly over castle walls. You get a moat when you upgrade your fort, which slows movement of ground units. You also get tow...
by TheUndeadKing
06 Oct 2011, 19:41
Topic: In Memoriam...
Replies: 367
Views: 195008

Even though I wasn't a big fan of him or any of his products, I felt a bit sad after hearing his death. I always had respect for him. :rip:
by TheUndeadKing
05 Oct 2011, 20:34

ShadowLiberal wrote:Oh, and the castles were pretty much worthless to in battle.
Uh, no. While the implementation of castles was far from perfect, they were nowhere near "worthless".
by TheUndeadKing
07 Sep 2011, 19:29
Topic: Sounds...
Replies: 9
Views: 4805

GreatEmerald wrote:Or, well, the Wilhelm Scream.
Probably the only stock sound effect that actually gains "style points" from the audience. :D

Go to advanced search