Search found 588 matches

by TheUndeadKing
16 Mar 2011, 15:48
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Minimum & Recommended system requirement
Replies: 50
Views: 21110

...although they do still require an Internet connection to authenticate the game on start-up.
That somewhat sounds vague to me. I really hope it's just one time authentication when you first install the game (like in Steam), and not a constant check every time you launch the game.
by TheUndeadKing
13 Mar 2011, 23:00
Topic: Minimum & Recommended system requirement
Replies: 50
Views: 21110

lol, on paper H6 requires more than graphic-heavy games such as Batman: Arkham Asylum, BioShock 1 & 2, Mass Effect 1 & 2, etc. It's even on par with Civilization V as minimum requirements go, but that doesn't count because Civ V is a bit too harsh on recommended specs. :disagree:
by TheUndeadKing
10 Mar 2011, 16:07
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 141983

Heh, it looks like it came straight out of Capcom's old arcade beat'em ups! :D
by TheUndeadKing
03 Mar 2011, 23:30
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Dungeon Siege III
Replies: 16
Views: 7043

The only things I disliked in DS1 were the overabundance of insects and inconsistent level design. Other than these two, I fairly enjoyed it. Back in the day (I'm talking about a time where games like Sacred, Titan Quest and Torchlight didn't exist) it was great fun! The only game better than DS was...
by TheUndeadKing
15 Feb 2011, 23:58
Topic: Are you really hyped?
Replies: 128
Views: 55855

More than one hero on the battlefield was a huge tactical advantage, allowing you to combine several spells in a turn, among other things. There was also the wonderful line of sight preventing shooters from attacking a hidden stack, simultaneous retaliation was also something that made a lot of sen...
by TheUndeadKing
15 Feb 2011, 18:10

Since H4 and H5 both have bad AI's, both are just as tactical as the players playing them, which means H4 can be just as tactical as H5 (if not even more). Disliking H4's gameplay is understandable, but saying H5 is way more tactical than H4, is a bit too much, IMO. And glad you liked the pic, guys....
by TheUndeadKing
15 Feb 2011, 16:13

Umm H5 offered a LOT more tactical possibilities than H4 ever could . All it took was returning the town's units to 7, giving them all interesting specials and having alternative upgrades. If you see some good replays you'd be amazed at the depth of the game. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/...
by TheUndeadKing
15 Feb 2011, 01:48

Infiltrator wrote:I'm pretty sure most of us would take Heroes 3, improve balance, hero diversity/advancement
Guess what, Nival gave you just what you wanted, guys.
by TheUndeadKing
14 Feb 2011, 00:42
Topic: Necropolis and green
Replies: 51
Views: 21959

tress wrote:
temporarily having some not-so-flamboyant green effects is another.
Sure D2 had none of those, oh wait..
So, having green armor = glowing green ?
by TheUndeadKing
13 Feb 2011, 20:39
Topic: Necropolis and green
Replies: 51
Views: 21959

If the undead used the disciples 2 color pallete I would have had NOTHING against it. At least some of them were only glowing during an attack, which made it look better. QFT. The green lighting effects mostly appeared during attack and death animations (Hell, Disciples 2 even had pinkish purple, t...
by TheUndeadKing
13 Feb 2011, 20:13
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Duke Nukem Forever and Ever
Replies: 108
Views: 34185

klaymen wrote:also my poor excuse of a PC probably won't run it anyways
I don't expect it to have very high system requirements - certainly not something Crysis level. I'm expecting something around BioShock or Borderlands level (which run fine even on single core computers with average video cards).
by TheUndeadKing
12 Feb 2011, 04:14
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Movies
Replies: 1047
Views: 229684

X-Men: First Class Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrbHykKUfTM
by TheUndeadKing
10 Feb 2011, 02:11

Variol wrote:You obviously have not seen them all.
I have seen them all, and I really like the long ears, because I think the artist who did them pulled it off very well. The exaggerated ears give them a unique appearance and character without making them look ridiculous.
by TheUndeadKing
09 Feb 2011, 14:28

Variol wrote:They were also too big in Disciples2. Look at me avatar for example.
No, they weren't "too big" at all. They were pretty much perfect in their own style and scale. Better than anything in H5/H6 and sometimes better than even WoW elves.
by TheUndeadKing
07 Feb 2011, 01:42
Forum: Campfire
Topic: In Memoriam...
Replies: 367
Views: 184956

:rip: R.I.P. Gary Moore
by TheUndeadKing
04 Feb 2011, 12:13

Millions of players think otherwise. And they're actually paying every frickin' month just to play it more (and more, and more...). And Britney Spears must be better the Johnny Cash... right. True, but that never was my point. My point was, it doesn't matter what he thinks about WoW (I don't like i...
by TheUndeadKing
03 Feb 2011, 17:26

I wasn't talking about those shoulderpads, I was merely talking about the game itself (he said the game was also silly). Of course, people aren't playing it for those beauty pads. However, it does give a legit reason for *cough* creative *cough* designers to copy off of WoW designs. Millions are pla...
by TheUndeadKing
03 Feb 2011, 14:14

Neidhaart wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:But WoW has them, and WoW is popular, therefore gaint shoulderpads must be popular...
It is also a silly game...
Millions of players think otherwise. And they're actually paying every frickin' month just to play it more (and more, and more...).
by TheUndeadKing
31 Jan 2011, 12:58
Topic: If this game is slow as Heroes V it will simple fail....
Replies: 25
Views: 13553

Kranyum wrote:Imagine Heroes 4 played with an AI as challenging as the H3 one. Heck, if someone manages this I would buy it instead of Heroes 6, graphics, new units and lore aside.
Yeah, that would have been pretty awesome indeed. ;)
by TheUndeadKing
31 Jan 2011, 12:40
Topic: If this game is slow as Heroes V it will simple fail....
Replies: 25
Views: 13553

"Replayability" is subjective. I find Civilization II more replayable than Civilization IV, despite Civilization IV having more advanced gameplay elements and a clearly superior AI. It's the same with H4; I probably played it more than H3, and you know what, it made the gameplay of H3 some...

Go to advanced search