Search found 127 matches

by Roman
28 Feb 2010, 18:18
Forum: News
Topic: UbiSoft Online Controversy
Replies: 155
Views: 56443

UbiSoft Online Controversy

"And if you don't like the internet and play H3, then I can see what is wrong - you're stuck in the past. And this is bad for anything. " Well, I guess you will be stuck in the future when Ubisoft pulls something like this on you: http://www.ea.com/2/service-updates http://www.rockpapersho...
by Roman
21 Feb 2010, 07:58
Topic: UbiSoft Online Controversy
Replies: 155
Views: 56443

UbiSoft Online Controversy

I guarantee that I will not purchase any Ubisoft games that have this Draconian DRM (DDRM) no matter how good thay may be otherwise. Do not despair, however, my fellow gamers. EA has tried pulling something like this (though nowhere near as bad as what Ubisoft is trying to do) on its customers in 20...
by Roman
21 Apr 2009, 23:34
Topic: Might and Magic Tribute Revival?
Replies: 17
Views: 8168

Might and Magic Tribute Revival?

Wow - I am really impressed! Nevertheless, despite how great it looks, I doubt the game will be finished - fan projects tend to burnout and often the last elements... especially polish take the longest, are the most difficult and prove to be the most boring for the creators. Still, kudos to the crea...
by Roman
16 Apr 2009, 07:40
Forum: Articles
Topic: Inferno TotE Guide
Replies: 21
Views: 11126

Inferno TotE Guide

A less cynical answer would be that low defense + expert defense may be better than high defense + expert defense, because those points that would have gone into high defense presumably went to something else that is even more important in the given circumstances.
by Roman
16 Apr 2009, 06:53
Topic: New Inferno Guide For TotE
Replies: 4
Views: 2301

New Inferno Guide For TotE

Thanks for posting this! It is a nice read. :)
by Roman
10 Apr 2009, 18:40
Topic: POTDs Wanted...
Replies: 30
Views: 8585

POTDs Wanted...

I agree with you Angelspit. A single HOMM VI picture would re-energise the community. Heck, even an official announcement that HOMM VI is in the works would probably do so.
by Roman
07 Apr 2009, 16:48
Topic: Gameplay Video: Armored Princess
Replies: 24
Views: 8707

Gameplay Video: Armored Princess

Great stuff! I am looking forward to this.

jeff, I would still suggest buying King's Bounty - the game hasn't gotten any worse since it's release! ;) It is an excellent game and I would say a must-buy for any HOMM/KB fan.
by Roman
01 Apr 2009, 15:58
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Complete history of Ashan - HUGE SPOILERS!!!
Replies: 39
Views: 66969

Very impressive indeed Cabal! Kudos for doing that!
by Roman
01 Apr 2009, 15:47
Topic: A Change Is Gonna Come
Replies: 14
Views: 4975

A Change Is Gonna Come

That wasn't funny!
by Roman
27 Jan 2009, 23:29
Topic: Good Bye Nival?
Replies: 192
Views: 50724

Good Bye Nival?

I think this is bad news. I like H5 and think Nival did a good job and did a particularly good job with TotE, by which time it had learned the intricacies of the Heroes franchise. A new developer, even if a good one is chosen, will probably mess things up until it goes through the same learning proc...
by Roman
26 Jan 2009, 16:05
Topic: King's Bounty Exp Interview on GameBanshee
Replies: 8
Views: 3699

King's Bounty Exp Interview on GameBanshee

I am looking forward to the expansion pack to King's Bounty!
by Roman
10 Dec 2008, 18:33
Topic: DRM on HOMM V and Its Expansions
Replies: 6
Views: 2630

Thanks for the information. I will pass on the info further. :) I don't even mind DRM such as disk-checks, but online activations and limited installs mean an automatic boycott from me no matter how good the game is otherwise. Ubisoft is getting really good at this though. The new Prince of Persia d...
by Roman
10 Dec 2008, 18:12
Topic: Brett Todd Like a Good Bounty
Replies: 23
Views: 7160

Brett Todd Like a Good Bounty

Angelspit, KB:L is loads of fun. Then again, I also like HOMM V/TotE, so maybe I am biased.
by Roman
10 Dec 2008, 18:02
Topic: DRM on HOMM V and Its Expansions
Replies: 6
Views: 2630

DRM on HOMM V and Its Expansions

What is the DRM scheme on HOMM V and its expansions? I know that there is none of that online activation or limited install rubbish (which I automatically boycott), but somebody on another board suggested that there is no DRM and the game plays without a disk (I don't have it with me at the moment -...
by Roman
04 Nov 2008, 06:33
Topic: True beginner seeks instruction
Replies: 30
Views: 9166

i was wondering why i'd choose to get defense stats for my hero since he's not being attacked anayway... lol... i finally confirmed that creatures in the army benefit from the stats... :-D I strongly suggest you read the Fan Manual (now at version 3.1) It explains a lot of game mechanics and other ...
by Roman
04 Nov 2008, 05:08
Topic: King´s Bounty: The Princess Expansion
Replies: 32
Views: 10717

King´s Bounty: The Princess Expansion

Well, I am looking forward to it. I have only played the demo of the King's Bounty so far and it is a great game. I have already purchased the full version, but am waiting for my new computer to arrive this week before I install it. Hopefully, the expansion will arrive just as I am about to finish t...
by Roman
30 Oct 2008, 04:22
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: The Bounty of the King
Replies: 23
Views: 8691

The Bounty of the King

This game is fantastic!
by Roman
29 Oct 2008, 17:03
Topic: King´s Bounty: The Legend Patch
Replies: 22
Views: 6384

King´s Bounty: The Legend Patch

I have to agree on the greatness. This game is pure awesome! I am getting the full version for sure over the weekend if not sooner.

Oh, and the music is absolutely fantastic.
by Roman
29 Oct 2008, 16:44

Alright - thanks! I just kind of assumed that all M&M games shared a common universe (and now share a different common universe). I suppose, King's Bounty is not strictly speaking a M&M game... Another question: This game is a remake of the original King's Bounty (which I haven't played). Do...
by Roman
29 Oct 2008, 16:29

Alright - thanks! I just kind of assumed that all M&M games shared a common universe (and now share a different common universe). I suppose, King's Bounty is not strictly speaking a M&M game... Another question: This game is a remake of the original King's Bounty (which I haven't played). Do...

Go to advanced search