Search found 715 matches

by theGryphon
Mar 15 2011, 11:59
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: The Hype, The Hype
Replies: 16
Views: 3611

The Hype, The Hype

I don't understand why you guys hate it so much. It's perfectly consistent with the story, it's intriguing, and it looks aesthetically appealing. I feel like there was no winning the hearts of some...

@Variol: Yeah, this is the first time in Heroes series you see an Angel with some garment on...
by theGryphon
Mar 5 2011, 4:36
Forum: News
Topic: Celestial Heavens Under New Management
Replies: 42
Views: 9087

Celestial Heavens Under New Management

I'm deeply sad to see Angelspit taking a leave, and I wish the best of luck to him. I'm a long time member/lurker and it's thanks to Angelspit that Celestial Heavens is my home and reference wrt all things might and magic. Again, thank you Angelspit for your efforts, your time and your love that you...
by theGryphon
Mar 3 2011, 4:30
Topic: Heroes VI Combat Video
Replies: 26
Views: 4076

Heroes VI Combat Video

I definitely love that now we can see the movement trail on battlefield! This is such a critical improvement! On the other hand, I really don't like the fact that the first hero to act will be decided by the first creature to act. They really should randomize who gets to move first, still taking int...
by theGryphon
Mar 2 2011, 0:53
Topic: Waterfalls Observatory
Replies: 17
Views: 2788

Waterfalls Observatory

@michiganjf: Look right above the circle on the rock splitting the waterfall. In this 2D view, the observatory is just on the right of the bridge. By the way, the little wooden orcish tower on the very lefthand side would make a better observatory as it has a higher ground... I really like the depth...
by theGryphon
Jan 24 2011, 15:51
Topic: Heroes VI Cyclops
Replies: 23
Views: 5000

Heroes VI Cyclops

I don't like it either but with the new lore they created in this new world of Ashan, it makes sense. Orcs: Demon experiment went awry. It's hard to swallow, I know...
by theGryphon
Jan 22 2011, 16:21
Topic: Heroes VI Haven Town
Replies: 10
Views: 3532

Heroes VI Haven Town

It is a fort alright. I think it's where the control areas are centered... Btw, is this control area thingy similar to Disciples III?
by theGryphon
Jan 19 2011, 14:27
Topic: Heroes VI Jaguar Warrior
Replies: 8
Views: 2078

Heroes VI Jaguar Warrior

One of the best incarnations of being void of ideas, which I've seen too many times in this game so far. Plus, what's with associating Orcs with Middle/South American natives???
by theGryphon
Apr 14 2008, 23:13
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Any mod worth downloading???
Replies: 12
Views: 2193

Mods do not change original game files, you just put them in the UserMods folder and voila! If you don't like one, quit the game and delete the mod file(s) and restart the game! I don't know what you mean by "affected all my maps"???
by theGryphon
Apr 10 2008, 23:34
Topic: Can i play the older campaigns?
Replies: 6
Views: 1507

by theGryphon
Apr 3 2008, 2:08
Topic: HV & HoF Campaigns in TotE
Replies: 42
Views: 18497

I finished playing the original campaigns with TotE. It was much more fun! Caravans make it easier to play but not to win :) I didn't see alternative upgrades saving my 455 either... My only complaint was that the AI was sometimes stupider and made the win easier. I had a couple of irreproducible bu...
by theGryphon
Apr 3 2008, 1:30
Topic: Is there a Faction that is good against Klaus, Haven Faction
Replies: 34
Views: 5768

Necro win is a longer stretch as they don't have high initiative. Champions and Seraphs will crush your army before you even move. Sheer numbers might help Necro out but Sylvan has much better a chance imo. Even Haven vs. Haven has better chances imo, which also has Dark magic at disposal.
by theGryphon
Mar 31 2008, 6:14

Yeah, I agree that Sylvan+Wyngaal is your key to victory. I also suppose you can win with Necro+Deirdre (or Vladimir) but Sylvan victory would be easier. 1) Attack: Archery+Battle Frenzy or Flaming Arrows (Flaming Arrows is very neat with Triple Ballista. However, if you go for Leadership, you reall...
by theGryphon
Mar 31 2008, 6:13

Yeah, I agree that Sylvan+Wyngaal is your key to victory. I also suppose you can win with Necro+Deirdre (or Vladimir) but Sylvan victory would be easier. 1) Attack: Archery+Battle Frenzy or Flaming Arrows (Flaming Arrows is very neat with Triple Ballista. However, if you go for Leadership, you reall...
by theGryphon
Mar 31 2008, 6:11

by theGryphon
Mar 31 2008, 6:11

by theGryphon
Mar 29 2008, 0:58
Topic: The Lair of Bolarg
Replies: 5
Views: 1745

The Lair of Bolarg

I would love to rdeford, I'm a fan of your maps! Thanks!
by theGryphon
Mar 3 2008, 3:19
Topic: Best level 2 spell
Replies: 25
Views: 5926

Well, considering that there are more spells and an area spell that freezes all targets I select master of ice much more often. It's definitely not fair to master of storms. I think they could make chain lightning to stun all targets at decreasing levels, and/or make it skip friendly units. This way...
by theGryphon
Mar 2 2008, 17:23
Topic: On Iron Lore and PC Gaming
Replies: 102
Views: 12200

Re: On Iron Lore and PC Gaming

Now returning to that example from the earlier post, if game cost were based on local conditions then all things considered with the exchange rate and strength of the economies, if we in NA are paying $50 US that means all you in the EU ought to being paying close to 60-70 US equivalent in Euros, n...
by theGryphon
Mar 2 2008, 13:12
Topic: Best level 2 spell
Replies: 25
Views: 5926

The choice is very much situational, and really though... I went with cleansing as it's always useful... My other favorites are wasp swarm, regeneration and decay...

Btw, is lightning's stun better than ice bolt's freeze?
by theGryphon
Mar 1 2008, 21:32
Topic: On Iron Lore and PC Gaming
Replies: 102
Views: 12200

On Iron Lore and PC Gaming

@ Vlaad II

The point there is to express that killing a person because he raped you is not always a sufficient justification. I guess you can make the connection to the rest of my post...

Go to advanced search