Search found 5683 matches

by winterfate
11 Dec 2006, 06:18
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Adventures In Heroic
Replies: 65
Views: 11733

playforfun wrote: This is a really interesting thread. When I first read Winterfate's post I was agreeing with him 100% that heroic adventures were pretty impossible. Hello playforfun! :). I still stand by that (it is beatable, but barely, and it's way too dependent on external factors like the map,...
by winterfate
10 Dec 2006, 22:12

DaemianLucifer wrote: It shouldnt be all about the creatures and production.Making a heroic AI that can buy all his troops everyday does make it powerfull in the begining,but its quite weak when you get your economy stabilized.What Id preffer is the AI that can pick skills adequatly.Preprogram it if...
by winterfate
10 Dec 2006, 21:57
Topic: Question about AI Quality
Replies: 234
Views: 41148

Jolly Joker: What do you mean, if the AI was better it would be challenging? How can the AI be "challenging"? It's something mechanical. Didn't you read my last post? The people that play H 5 are not satisfied with the AI because they have difficulties to win, but feel they are not beaten ...
by winterfate
10 Dec 2006, 21:37

Jolly Joker: Not specifically against you, TT, but I'm not surprised that some people here are not able to see the difference. If you are boxing and your opponet says I'm going into the fight with some 30 pounds more than you the guy isn't cheating you. He tells you he has an advantage over you. Whe...
by winterfate
10 Dec 2006, 21:25
Forum: Campfire
Topic: The What's your language? Thread
Replies: 85
Views: 17346

*looks nervously around the room*

Sorry 8|.

But, then again...that's a thread to speak foreign languages...not a thread asking who speaks what. :)

But, TT, I do see your point. :-D
by winterfate
10 Dec 2006, 21:20
Topic: Ideas (back by unpopular demands :))
Replies: 195
Views: 39654

Swamp Mosquito. Att 1 * Def 1 Hp 1 Speed 9 init 12 Flying, blood drain. Giant Mosquito Att 1 * Def 2 Hp 3 Speed 9 Init 15 Flying, blood drain, Swarm Lizardman Att 2 Def 2 Hp 10 Speed 6 Init 10 Shots 6 Ranged, no melee penalty. Snakeman Att 3 Def 3 HP 15 Speed 7 Init 11 Shots 6 (1) Ranged, no melee ...
by winterfate
10 Dec 2006, 21:09
Topic: The What's your language? Thread
Replies: 85
Views: 17346

The What's your language? Thread

What languages do you speak?

I speak English and Spanish.
Yo hablo inglés y español.
by winterfate
10 Dec 2006, 21:05

Alamar wrote: I think that JJ's point is that he doesn't want us to use the word "cheat" because he feels that it's not cheating if you go into the game knowing exactly what the AI will do. I imagine JJ would prefer the phrase "known AI bonuses" instead of cheats. hahaha. That wa...
by winterfate
10 Dec 2006, 20:50

aulfgar wrote: Since the Comp doesnt need to bother with prioritizing resource allocation and just builds everything and buys everything the only commodity that matters is troops. Since for the horde factions you frequently have to spend troops to do things this puts you at a disadvantage, since the...
by winterfate
10 Dec 2006, 20:36

Jolly Joker wrote: Well, no, I asked why you played on in the first place when he told you he would cheat and get a week's production? I mean, if someone tells you, I'm going to cheat you, it's very bad style, IMO (!), to say, well, go ahead, and then, later, when you see 1) heck, he did it, and 2) ...
by winterfate
10 Dec 2006, 19:42

Jolly Joker said: Well, isn't that the way it should be? Granted, it IS Heroic; i'll give you that much. However, that wasn't the point. The point is that winning in Heroic is sometimes a matter of luck (especially if the game rolls Sprites or Master Gremlins in your sawmill and ore mine). And in ca...
by winterfate
10 Dec 2006, 19:17
Topic: An Idea
Replies: 35
Views: 8030

ThunderTitan wrote: And have you given any thought to my suggestion?
I have. I think it's nice...so I'll see what I can do :).
by winterfate
10 Dec 2006, 19:16

Jolly Joker said: Call me an idiot, but I think that people many people may simply not play the game good enough to beat it on heroic level. Heroes III was easy on heroic. H V is a bit more difficult. You have to play aggressively and you have to know exactly what you are doing. Ask chuckles, he pl...
by winterfate
09 Dec 2006, 20:43
Topic: Orc Town Suggestion
Replies: 56
Views: 13010

tb5841 wrote : There was a thread for this before, but I couldn't see it - anyway, I finally thought up an orc town idea that I like, please tell me what you think. It goes something like this: Orcs are very numerous, and very aggressive, and so they are not limited by creature growth like other ra...
by winterfate
09 Dec 2006, 07:29
Topic: Music you like...
Replies: 693
Views: 139056

I'll listen to nearly anything myself, but I just adore Rock.

(Nickelback forever! :tsup: You guys rule...doesn't matter what anybody says!)

Yup, I'm a Nickelback fan :-D.
by winterfate
09 Dec 2006, 07:26
Topic: Christmas is a commin'
Replies: 52
Views: 9449

I finished my first semester of college a week ago :-D (only around 7 more to go :( ). I guess I'll get an Xbox 360 game (my poor Xbox 360 will become a spider lair if I don't use it :devil:). That, Hammers of Fate (still don't have it) and some music albums (Nickelback, hurry up and release another...
by winterfate
09 Dec 2006, 07:10

Mytical said: Like your idea Winter, only thing I would be hesitant about is the stoneskin, and even that is a good idea hehe. Reminds me that I never really fleshed out the Werewolves sad. Anyhow your idea is powerful, but they are might oriented so they pretty much have to be. Panda isn't current...
by winterfate
09 Dec 2006, 06:58
Topic: Buglist
Replies: 142
Views: 260697

I have a bug (may have been fixed in 1.4/2.0 but who knows?) During the Week of Balance, if you are playing Academy and you equip one of your units with an artifact for morale and/or luck, that morale/luck boost is NOT negated by the week. For example, if you hero has 2 morale and 2 luck and his Tit...
by winterfate
09 Dec 2006, 05:21

Adventures In Heroic

Heroic is impossible! Well, to tell you the truth I beat it once (but that was in Land of Outcasts, that 3 player FFA, so that hardly counts, the 2 Heroic AI's duked it out while I mustered an army, and even then the final hero battle was insane). Is it consistently beatable? What should I do? We co...
by winterfate
09 Dec 2006, 04:52

ThunderTitan wrote: Meh, if there's one thing school taught me is how to completly ignore the noises coming out of the teachers mouth, and i can apply that elsewhere too, so i should be just fine. hahaha. One of the little things school teaches us all. However, I can't afford to do that at the colle...

Go to advanced search