Search found 5683 matches

by winterfate
11 Dec 2006, 21:57
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Dark Ritual
Replies: 26
Views: 5643

It's virtually useless, unless Yrbeth is using it (and even then her skill set sucks...to put it lightly).
by winterfate
11 Dec 2006, 21:41
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Seen any good movies lately?
Replies: 2813
Views: 355026

Clerks (I second that, that movie is hilarious).
Slipstream (I liked it, sci-fi; the protagonist is Sam in LoTR).
Pirates of the Caribbean 2 (it ended openly, so I guess 3 is coming out eventually).
by winterfate
11 Dec 2006, 21:34
Topic: Strange Fiends
Replies: 14
Views: 3495

Elvin says:
Actually it's a new feature.Now all neutrals have a random morality that may even be opposite to their alignment spectrum.In which case we have the pitlord pacifists.
:rofl: That's pretty good. What would happen with neutral peasants, though? :devil:
by winterfate
11 Dec 2006, 21:25
Topic: Ideas (back by unpopular demands :))
Replies: 195
Views: 39168

I got another faction idea (well, just the creature creation concept): It works like this: Your level 1 unit is a Morphling with base growth let's say 10. Then that building gets upgrades every 3 levels, starting at 0, increasing the growth of Morphlings by 8/7/6/5/4/3. Each upgrade to that structur...
by winterfate
11 Dec 2006, 21:18
Topic: Fantasy style
Replies: 46
Views: 8022

DaemianLucifer wrote: Well if you find those two as good movies,then sure,there are countless excelent movies based on books. There have to be other ones *strains mind looking for answers*: Let's see: Ella Enchanted: Hmm....umm...that one was terrible (and I read the book, was completely disappointe...
by winterfate
11 Dec 2006, 21:07

DaemianLucifer wrote: What are the odds of that happening? 1 out of x (where x is the amount of times I've fought pit fiends/lords) :devil: As for the question, don't ask me...it's the same AI that makes Horned Overseers explode without reason. :D I just assume it's some sort of glitch. DaemianLucif...
by winterfate
11 Dec 2006, 20:57

I wrote: because i like LoTR too...and let's not forget the other countless excellent fantasy movies based on books. Let's ignore what I underlined...shall we? :devil: OK, I'll admit there aren't that many good movies based on books, but there are some. LoTR once again, Harry Potter (except number t...
by winterfate
11 Dec 2006, 20:50
Topic: Naga Town
Replies: 99
Views: 143719

DaemianLucifer wrote:
: You mean the ability that unicorns have now? :devious:
Nope; that would be the aura of magic resistance. Magic damper makes your opponent's spells more expensive (by 2 Spell Points in Heroes 3...don't know how it should work here).
by winterfate
11 Dec 2006, 20:43

Recently, I've read the Harry Potter series and the two parts of the Eragon series that have been released (Eragon, Eldest). Maybe this thread would've been better without a poll (because i like LoTR too...and let's not forget the other countless excellent fantasy movies based on books).
by winterfate
11 Dec 2006, 20:40
Topic: Orc Town Suggestion
Replies: 56
Views: 12872

haloswift wrote: just bring back the classic stronghold from homm3 (WITH the quick roc build) and try to make the cyclopses look good I second that. :victory: If they make them might-oriented, maybe they should allow you to get the units at lower town levels? Like the level 7 unit at Town Level 12 f...
by winterfate
11 Dec 2006, 20:34
Topic: Naga Town
Replies: 99
Views: 143719

The Pegasi/ Silver Pegasi should have the magic damper ability from Heroes 3 (if only for nostalgia's sake). Maybe the level 7 could be a Wyrm (Master of Magic style; which was essentially a HUGE worm that could burrow). In that case, one of it's abilities could be No Retaliation (and be the first l...
by winterfate
11 Dec 2006, 19:39
Topic: High Elven Town
Replies: 21
Views: 5987

I LOVE elves...

But...I do have to agree with the general opinion of the posters in this topic (there are too many elves already).

On a side note...I think Celestial Dragons should be the upgrade of Fairy Dragons and not vice-versa.
by winterfate
11 Dec 2006, 19:38

I've had that happen once in 1.3.
Could have something to do with the pit fiends/lords having spell points to cast fireball/meteor shower, but being too close to one of your own units to cast it safely.
by winterfate
11 Dec 2006, 19:34
Topic: Question about AI Quality
Replies: 234
Views: 40664

Daemian Lucifer wrote: The key is making an AI thats competitive with a casual player on its own.When experts play,they should choose some handicaps for them/bonuses for the AI,but the AI should be able to provide a decent chalenge to a casual player with the same starting conditions and within the ...
by winterfate
11 Dec 2006, 07:26
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Until death gets you away from the monitor
Replies: 36
Views: 15137

Well, I think my longest consecutive playtime was Super Smash Brothers (for the N64, that ancient artifact :-D). I played it about 10 hours straight (to my defense, I was like 12 when I did that). Good RPG's tempt me though. I've gone six or seven hours straight playing rpg's like Diablo (1 and 2), ...
by winterfate
11 Dec 2006, 07:19
Topic: Rise of Nations
Replies: 7
Views: 4078

Rise of Nations

Anybody play this game? It is one of the best RTS games around, IMO (if you can tolerate the insane amount of micromanagement). I managed to beat a computer in the toughest difficulty once (and that is nearly impossible, thanks to the resource gathering bonus it gets).
by winterfate
11 Dec 2006, 07:08

Mytical said: Those are perfect, and the chronolisk skin offers a bit of both (defense and damage reduction). Only 10% extra damage reduction, but hey every little helps. Now...the biggy, Time Skip. A lot of people may find this too powerful or too strange but here it is. Time skip allows the chrono...
by winterfate
11 Dec 2006, 06:50

Hmm...let's see: I would give the remaining units these stats: Naga/Royal Naga At: 16 ------20 Def: 12 -----12 Speed: 4 ---- 6 Init: 10 ------ 12 Dmg: 18 ----- 22 HP: 80 ------- 100 Battle Maiden/ Valkyrie(at least that's the way I've seen it spelled in other places...could be wrong). At: 20 ----- 2...
by winterfate
11 Dec 2006, 06:28
Topic: Myth
Replies: 4
Views: 3069

I played only the first one. Managed to get to the final level, then a few days later the computer's hard drive went bye-bye :( (thus I never finished it). It was however a great, frustrating, satisfying, insane, irritating, complete game. (yeah, I know...many contradictory adjectives :-D ).
by winterfate
11 Dec 2006, 06:26
Topic: Starcraft vs Warcraft
Replies: 82
Views: 37658

I like Starcraft and Warcraft III too, but Starcraft has that certain feel (and it doesn't have upkeep...I loathe upkeep; at least the way it works in WCIII). Maybe it's just me, but the defensive structures don't help out as much in Warcraft III as they used to in Starcraft. In the end though, I th...

Go to advanced search