Search found 89 matches

by Rife
28 Dec 2009, 04:00
Forum: News
Topic: Happy Christmas 2009!
Replies: 9
Views: 3939

Happy Christmas 2009!

Got both KB, playing on hard... slow going (compared to the Armored Princess demo on normal) but still pretty fun.
by Rife
21 Dec 2009, 16:01
Forum: King's Bounty
Topic: King's Bounty HeroScreen Released
Replies: 10
Views: 6395

King's Bounty HeroScreen Released

Must've missed it then.
by Rife
18 Dec 2009, 19:11
Forum: King's Bounty
Topic: King's Bounty HeroScreen Released
Replies: 10
Views: 6395

King's Bounty HeroScreen Released

"I'll play it when I break my knees."

Not sure what that means... I played the demo and it was pretty fun, but I'm waiting for Steam to reduce the price on the Gold pack by ten to twenty dollars before I get it.
by Rife
29 Nov 2009, 16:22
Forum: Articles
Topic: Hero Screen
Replies: 7
Views: 3269

Hero Screen

Wow, makes me want to check this game out... for some reason I've always thought of King's Bounty as a dumbed down version of Heroes... but it looks like that is not the case.
by Rife
29 Nov 2009, 16:22
Forum: Articles
Topic: Hero Screen
Replies: 7
Views: 3269

Hero Screen

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/733
by Rife
14 Oct 2009, 12:40
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Orcs!
Replies: 5
Views: 3335

Orcs!

Awesome.
by Rife
21 Sep 2009, 18:43
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Lobstrosity
Replies: 8
Views: 3472

Lobstrosity

lol @ qurqirish dragon
by Rife
18 Aug 2009, 14:30
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Am I the only one who really doesn't care about strategy?
Replies: 21
Views: 8064

I like both styles of play, and prefer a balanced mix between the two but 'hardcore' strategists are the only ones left playing multiplayer years after it's released so it sort of skews things that way. Add to that the fact that singleplayer AI trains new players to powergame due to it's insane rush...
by Rife
17 Aug 2009, 03:28
Topic: Sound Design? Awesome! Sound Editing? Crappy.
Replies: 3
Views: 2077

Sound overall is probably the most overlooked aspect in all of gaming, and as such has the least time spent on it. It ends up relegated to 'polish' in the develpment process, and few games these days get any polish at all. I'm just thankful that they at least don't skimp on the music, at it is one o...
by Rife
09 Aug 2009, 15:52
Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic VI confirmed!!!
Replies: 17
Views: 9203

Indeed, this is good news!
by Rife
29 Jul 2009, 14:27
Topic: Not sure who to contact for what.
Replies: 16
Views: 4492

Man those take me back. To my ear, the Wizard and Elven towns have had the most consistently great music (though all of them are good). It also reminds me that the music and town designs have never disappointed (me anyway) in the entire series. And I really like the town designs and reveals in H5......
by Rife
23 Jul 2009, 05:03
Topic: Is the Mage Campaign supposed to be infinate?
Replies: 22
Views: 6575

Thank you Corlagon, for pinpointing the reason I found playing the campaigns to be a chore rather than fun. The Academy campaign in H4 was probably the best story of the lot. Magnus, Solymr, Emilia Nighthaven... all intelligent, believable characters the like of which seem entirely nonexistant in As...
by Rife
13 Apr 2009, 02:46
Topic: arcane omniscience
Replies: 19
Views: 18086

And then then you get the spells wthout the benefit of the perks wich means for example a slow spell is only slow and not the mass version. Crap. Why not? I thought all spells meant ALL spells... including Mass ones and Empowered ones... though I might forgive them for discluding empowered versions...
by Rife
17 Feb 2009, 13:30
Topic: H5 AI harder than H3 AI?
Replies: 66
Views: 24907

In terms of battle AI, in the contricts of Heroes I think it comes down to how well the computer uses the spells and abilities of the factions. H5 doesn't do badly here but I can't say it has ever surprised me. The only battle AI in Heroes where I've ever been caught off guard is in H4.
by Rife
13 Jan 2009, 18:47

Yeah, I'm back. :D Picked up a copy of Heroes 5 some time back cheap and got hooked again. Thinking of taking up mapmaking again as well, but I must admit the H5 editor looks intimidating. I'm hoping I can mitigate the the AI's "RUSH! RUSH! RUSH!" mentality with scripting, as I've found it...
by Rife
13 Jan 2009, 18:42
Topic: Has anyone found the 4 Ancient Artifacts in The Archipelago?
Replies: 4
Views: 4638

I think there was an unfinished script there. It doesn't make much difference anyway, nothing carries over and you can easily make the experience cap anyway.
by Rife
10 Jan 2009, 19:01

Indeed, in fact Warcraft 3 comes to mind; you could set rectangular zones for pretty much anything and assign simple or complex AIs for units or computer players in those zones. Granted it's not a turn based strategy game, but that just demonstrates it can be done.
by Rife
09 Jan 2009, 16:46

Which is one the the reasons I liked H4 battle AI so much. The autocalc system was the best of the series, only human players with excellent battle tactics or powerful spells could survive a battle with fewer losses than the autocalc predicted. So the computers never had to cheat.
by Rife
09 Jan 2009, 16:07

Why has no one tried building staged AI? Three would suffice: Build/Defend, Explore/Expand, and War. Five, if you count Battle AIs: Vs Human and Vs Creep. These are basically the stages humans use, and doing it this way would seem more satisfying to play against (not to mention make things easier fo...
by Rife
07 Dec 2008, 17:01
Topic: Difficulty settings
Replies: 3
Views: 1661

Would playing at Heroic help, or the computer equally apt at clearing neutrals there? That would put us humans at even more of a disadvantage.

Go to advanced search