Search found 339 matches

by Fnord
08 Sep 2005, 20:52
Forum: News
Topic: HOMMV GC videos
Replies: 15
Views: 5810

Sir Charles: The Heroes 3 manual and game definitely refer to Att/Def/SP/Know as "primary skills" (and the other ones "secondary skills"), unlike the H4 manual and game. Since H5 appears to be based more heavily on H3 than on H4, it's quite likely they're keeping the H3 terminolo...
by Fnord
02 Sep 2005, 04:32
Forum: Articles
Topic: Discourses of M&M
Replies: 90
Views: 34581

The change to full 3D is enough to distinguish Heroes V from its predecessors. While most people recognize that gameplay is the key issue of importance, we're a very visually-oriented species. Even if the game was absolutely IDENTICAL to Heroes III, the change in visual perspective will make the pla...
by Fnord
29 Aug 2005, 08:04

Wimfrits: I agree that reduced map maker tools, such as custom text inclusion equal to that in the H3 and H4 map editors, would be a major mistake. It's pretty obvious that the longevity of the games does owe a fair bit to custom maps created by fans, and that definitely includes story maps. Frankly...
by Fnord
29 Aug 2005, 02:15

Wimfrits: You wrote that "info so far seems to suggest that there might not even be a proper editor, so maybe Ubi thinks the effect of mapmakers on sales and durability will be irrelevant?" What info is this that you write of? The only information I've seen on the subject is 1) confirmatio...
by Fnord
27 Aug 2005, 03:34

Once again, you bring up many excellent points about the nature of the business of computer games. Very interesting indeed. However, despite what you suggest about the hardcore fans, it seems that the hardcore fans are having a considerable influence on the development of Heroes 5--either that or Ub...
by Fnord
22 Aug 2005, 06:39

Charles, I forgot to say that I can definitely identify with the "more features=more bugs" etc. situation. And that happens to an even greater extent when we're doing new WoG updates because we have a whole bunch of different people writing new WoGify scripts that need to interact properly...
by Fnord
22 Aug 2005, 06:36

Great to hear, Charles! And I agree that it made a lot of sense to keep focused on H4 until you were done. I hope you find the same enjoyment in exploring the world of WoG.
by Fnord
21 Aug 2005, 08:37

Good points, Charles. I think that if you view H4 as a entirely different game and don't compare it to any of the previous games but simply judge it on how much fun as a different game it is to play, that's a good way of experiencing it. And due to the number of new ideas and changes, in many ways i...
by Fnord
20 Aug 2005, 03:38

Corribus: You bring up some good points in your article about the economics of evolution versus revolution. Gaidal and Pitsu: That's also a good point about scrapping the fixes--indeed, it seemed to me initially that they were completely ignoring H4 regardless of whether it was good or bad, but the ...
by Fnord
11 Aug 2005, 22:49
Topic: Inferno and Haven Info
Replies: 96
Views: 32101

Absolutely, Sir Charles, you summarize it very well. So far, I like almost all the decisions I've seen them confirm about H5. Indeed, H3 is still the most popular game and if they're taking many features from H3 but improving on the game as a whole, I think it will end up being excellent. Most of th...
by Fnord
12 Jul 2005, 22:52
Topic: Post-E3 FAQ on the Official Site
Replies: 10
Views: 5487

Map Editor: there was a pic of it released not too long ago, although I'm sure it's still in development as well. The picture doesn't show any sign of a campaign editor but since they someone (I think at Nival) commented taht they weren't sure about the campaign editor yet, I imagine it's something ...
by Fnord
09 Jul 2005, 16:58
Topic: Interview at GameSpot
Views: 6562

CloudRiderX, yes I like H3's variety of town types too, but you forgot the Dungeon, so that makes nine.
by Fnord
09 Jul 2005, 16:57
Topic: Interview at GameSpot
Views: 6562

Raynaert, please consider that a major reason for Ubisoft and Nival using mostly H3 features and not H4 features may very well be that the people working on it (Fabrice and the Nival team) are H3 fans and not H4 fans. Fabrice wrote a long time ago that he had played mostly H3 and hadn't even tried H...
by Fnord
01 Jun 2005, 05:18
Topic: Introducing the Genie's Lamp
Replies: 17
Views: 7648

Yes, it does look good, and good to see Chris Nahr's H3 manual addenda has a home again too.
by Fnord
27 May 2005, 17:55
Topic: Ten Gameplay Screenshots
Replies: 23
Views: 10638

A Combat Log is VERY important! It was left out of H4 and everyone complained a whole bunch so I really hope it will be included in H5.
by Fnord
24 May 2005, 00:30
Topic: Fabrice Q&A (E3)
Replies: 37
Views: 17284

I appreciate Fabrice taking the time to answer, even if he was unable to answer a lot of the questions at this time (for one reason or another) but I'm a bit disappointed with his answer about the random map generator. I'm fairly certain that the only answer he gave before was the following: "R...
by Fnord
14 May 2005, 18:36
Topic: Overview
Replies: 11
Views: 5626

Awhile back, Gus Smedstad posted the following details about H4 morale in a forum (probably the Round Table but I don't recall for sure): Each creature has a 10% chance of getting Good Morale each turn for every point of positive morale. +5 morale gives your 50% chance of getting Good Morale this tu...
by Fnord
23 Mar 2005, 01:51
Topic: Heroes V available to download?
Replies: 5
Views: 3596

Personally, I really like printed manuals, so I would only download if it was a LOT cheaper, even if it meant waiting longer to get a game.
by Fnord
07 Jan 2005, 21:48
Topic: Map Help
Replies: 2
Views: 2176

The Map Help here seems geared only to Macs and also has a link to Portals of Might & Magic (which no longer exists I believe).

I think a link to the map section would be good, and also how to *upload* a map here! :)

Go to advanced search