Search found 110 matches

by fly away
Nov 8 2006, 23:39
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: New Off-line tourney
Replies: 23
Views: 4904

You won't, since you don't speak Russian and won't participate anyways Then why post the announce here... in English... on this forum??? There are russian-speaking people around here. Myself for example. I don't go to russian forums, so I get all the info here at CH. Not that I was going to partici...
by fly away
Nov 8 2006, 19:38
Topic: Battle for Androna
Replies: 18
Views: 3168

ok, I did it with necro, but i think appart from sylvan, it is doable with all town ( especially academy with golems dwellings yum !! ) If you manage to get the imprisoned hero with Nature's Luck ultimate, then you might have a chance with Sylvan. The question is - will you last that long? :) I cou...
by fly away
Nov 8 2006, 18:04
Topic: New Off-line tourney
Replies: 23
Views: 4904

anyway... saving the game each day is really annoying not to mention the fact that it would take more than 100M... Let's say it takes 3 months to complete: 3months*5MB*28saves/month =~ 500M What's so annoying about it? It's 2006, who counts hundreds of Megabytes? Especially if it's for a contest. H...
by fly away
Nov 6 2006, 21:35
Topic: Heroes V won't run
Replies: 5
Views: 3229

MistWeaver wrote:I
Next try reinstall DirectX, and video drivers.

Video drivers may be the cause, but there is no way to reinstall DirectX unless a new version is out AFAIK.
by fly away
Nov 6 2006, 18:40
Topic: the new video.
Replies: 117
Views: 11758

You shouldn't leave Light Magic out, when Wizard can pick an ability Suppress Light to make Knights spell cost twise as much That if Haven is your only opponent. Otherwise suppress light is a waste of slot for some "Master of" skill. For middle and large sized maps mana is usually not an issue for ...
by fly away
Nov 6 2006, 18:35

He will act first (his AA's are rather fast) and his cavaliers are no slouches. So they cover the distance and hit your Titans before you can so much as say..Hey wait a minute. Your Titans then retaliate at a much weaker force. Consider the following combination - miniartefact with initiative-moral...
by fly away
Nov 6 2006, 18:19

Jolly Joker wrote: If an army survives and an opponent has no spell points anymore it gets really tough.

I've never seen this happen except to myself in the beginning of a map.
by fly away
Nov 6 2006, 2:03
Topic: My Computer Should Run Better Than This - Opinions ?
Replies: 7
Views: 1654

Yeah. I hate the performance more than I hate the AI and bugs (if it's possible). It's especially disappointing for me, because I waited to get a new computer until the game was out.
by fly away
Nov 6 2006, 1:34
Topic: Resurrection 1.3
Replies: 30
Views: 4346

PhoenixReborn wrote:are you fighting the necromancers,a necro hero named zoltan has a spell block power.

Yeah. You are right... I didn't know about this ... ability.
Now I wonder why I thought I'd used it 5 times :) Really it was just once
by fly away
Nov 6 2006, 1:14
Topic: Resurrection 1.3
Replies: 30
Views: 4346

I haven't seen anyone mention it so I'll ask: can resurrection be cast only certain number of times (like 5 or so) during one battle??? I'm playing The Isles of Terra now and during my current battle it suddelnly became unavailable... ruined all my strategy of lossless battle.
by fly away
Nov 5 2006, 5:33
Topic: Battle for Androna
Replies: 18
Views: 3168

Mytical wrote:You thought it was me? Then why did you say he? :)

Girls play Heroes? Hmm, learnt something new today :)
by fly away
Nov 4 2006, 0:03
Forum: News
Topic: Nival about upcoming patch 1.4
Replies: 45
Views: 6432

Nival about upcoming patch 1.4

I bet Ubisoft is doing all the language stuff - dialogs etc. No way a Russian would come up with that kind of language.
by fly away
Nov 2 2006, 19:49
Topic: We all played HOMM V for some time and it's time to choose..
Replies: 199
Views: 34321

Orfinn wrote:So the undead are winning?

I wonder how different it would be if the Necropolis weren't so powerful...
by fly away
Oct 31 2006, 18:03
Topic: AI in Heroes of Might and Magic 5 - Nival principles
Replies: 256
Views: 52792

PhoenixReborn wrote:JJ do you know if they will fix the way they calculate retreating in 1.4? I can't get a decent battle unless I capture someone in a castle.

Strange to hear all these talks about retreating opponents. They've never retreated from me regardless of how bad it seemed to the opponent.
by fly away
Oct 26 2006, 22:53
Topic: Spells Nerfed?
Replies: 8
Views: 1814

Re: Spells Nerfed?

Well. I kinda miss being able to teleport to a town of my choince :)
by fly away
Oct 26 2006, 4:03

Caradoc wrote:My implication is that the Heroes V AI is about the best we can afford.

Are you out of your mind? Even H3 AI was better. And that was long time ago.
by fly away
Oct 25 2006, 18:59
Topic: AI tweaks in HOF ?
Replies: 41
Views: 6219

I wish that I could read & write Russian because I suspect that most of the things said on forums NEVER makes it into the hands of people that matter [assuming that they would care]. I am quite sure that Nival employees can handle English pretty well. But I suspect the real problem is that they...
by fly away
Oct 24 2006, 0:17
Topic: The features that were planned to be in H5 but aren't
Replies: 25
Views: 3868

Re: The features that were planned to be in H5 but aren't

DaemianLucifer wrote:
fly away wrote:
-heroes on battlefields for some factions
Which factions would you suggest? And if some do get it, why wouldn't others?

Personally,Id prefer to see it like this.

At this point what you suggest is unfeasible, as you have been told in that topic :). I prefer the current system though.
by fly away
Oct 23 2006, 22:12

okrane wrote:Nival are just a bunch of stupid idiotic russian morons...

What does it have to do with them being Russian? It's very impolite to say things like this regardless of what they do.
by fly away
Oct 23 2006, 22:08
Topic: The features that were planned to be in H5 but aren't
Replies: 25
Views: 3868

Re: The features that were planned to be in H5 but aren't

-all creature forts - no idea what that was meant to be I am not sure of the usefullness of this. Or rather, I am sure I don't want to see this. What for? -diplomacy - I guess that you could ally yourself with a player who isn't your mortal enemy on the map. I'd really like to see this. -changing e...

Go to advanced search