Search found 110 matches

by fly away
21 Nov 2006, 01:42
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Question On Ranger Ultimate
Replies: 48
Views: 12202

I was very lucky to get War Machines early on at a Witch Hut. So, I've been able to build it up pretty quickly. First time I've really used War Machines this way. It's pretty cool. :) If I saw my opponent to have Tripple Ballista imbued with something nasty, that would be my first target. That's wh...
by fly away
21 Nov 2006, 00:43

Sir_Toejam wrote: somewhere around 900hps IIRC when you hit expert level.
I usually don't take War Machines.
by fly away
21 Nov 2006, 00:36

I've got Attack and I'm wondering should I take the Battle Frenzy - Nature's Wrath - Flaming Arrows route? If I do that I'll miss out on archery. Is Flaming Arrows worth it? I would take archery. At least it's always with you as long as you has, whereas destroy ballista and forget about flaming arr...
by fly away
21 Nov 2006, 00:00

The Mad Dragon wrote:-6 morale I don't see being much of a threat TBH.
It completely ruins any battle planning, because you don't know when your soldies will or will not act.
by fly away
20 Nov 2006, 23:57
Topic: Ranger Skills
Replies: 16
Views: 3031

The Mad Dragon wrote:Hmmm.....interesting thoughts....I guess I will have to rethink my strategies then.
Again, attack is good. It's just hard to get :-) so be realistic
by fly away
20 Nov 2006, 23:51

If you play an ultimate necromancer, you might never have a chance to use your Nature's luck :) I've never tried though. Not really,because elves have higher initiative then your hero,so by the time you cast the howl youll already have less of an army. Well. Again, it depens. I've never played such...
by fly away
20 Nov 2006, 23:34

DaemianLucifer wrote:Natures luck is the strongest ultimate imo,but youll alost never get it,so dont bother.
If you play an ultimate necromancer, you might never have a chance to use your Nature's luck :) I've never tried though.
by fly away
20 Nov 2006, 22:59

The Mad Dragon wrote:So what do you rank as the first strongest?
Necromancer's Ultimate.
by fly away
20 Nov 2006, 22:59

That could be said for every race, but not every race actually benefits from that. And in all honesty, no race really needs an exp boost as they would get the experience from fighting/chest collecting. "In all honesty", every race needs an exp boost. :-) Especially on hard and heroic, whe...
by fly away
20 Nov 2006, 22:51

The Mad Dragon wrote:So -6 to morale is over powered?
Well. No, I shouldn't have said overpowered. I just rank Nature's Luck second strongest.
by fly away
20 Nov 2006, 22:49

The Mad Dragon wrote:Reason being?
faster development due to experience boost, additional stat points every 2/3/4 levels.
by fly away
20 Nov 2006, 22:47

Phobos wrote:It's the most overpowered skill ever
I'd rank it second overpowered after the necromancer's one.
by fly away
20 Nov 2006, 22:45

The Mad Dragon wrote:Well, this is assuming that attack isn't in by default. Remember, I'm picking the skills as if the Hero had none.
In this case it has limited applicability.
Btw, I would take enlightment instead.
by fly away
20 Nov 2006, 22:41

As far as I remember one had to be really lucky to get Attack with a ranger that doesn't have it by default, so I don't see any point in including it in the "common" strategy. As for the light magic, I wouldn't take fire resistance, but take some "master of" skill instead. I love...
by fly away
20 Nov 2006, 22:09
Topic: DVD Version in North America?
Replies: 10
Views: 2871

Re: DVD Version in North America?

Hi, I'm new to this board, and I wanted to know if HommV and HommV: HoF games are available in North America on DVD. I could only find CD versions locally(QC, Canada). Thank you! :) Collector's Edition is on DVD. Got mine from amazon.ca for there were none in the stores. I wish I had bought the CD ...
by fly away
20 Nov 2006, 22:04
Topic: Some features I miss in Heroes V...
Replies: 35
Views: 9660

erased. over. out wrote: 2. Medusas and Nagas (fingers crossed for the next expansion)
What's so cool about those? I never seem to understand why some people are so crazy about Nagas...
by fly away
16 Nov 2006, 20:22
Topic: Official - Hammers of Fate Has been Released
Replies: 66
Views: 17440

Mace the Councillor wrote:I am going to buy it as soon as I can get my hands on it. Hopefully, that'll be tomorrow.
I am not buying it until the next patch for sure. Or maybe even until some other patches after the next one. Or until they've fixed the stupid crashes that came with 1.4.
by fly away
15 Nov 2006, 05:29
Topic: 1.4 problems, post yours here!
Replies: 117
Views: 25518

I can't check the hero info at all. Press A or double click crash the game. Is it just me or does anybody else have the same problem?
by fly away
14 Nov 2006, 03:01

The Mad Dragon wrote:Keep in mind it's a different company with a different vision, no matter how much they try to keep the original vision intact, the only company that could reproduce what they did would be 3DO.
Good quality doesn't have to mean a reproduction...
by fly away
14 Nov 2006, 02:40

The Mad Dragon wrote:We all expect the product to be good, but that's not always the reality of things.
But it's not a reason to pay and expect a bad one. Especially, after years of longing for the game and all the marketing tricks they used on us:)

Go to advanced search