Search found 110 matches

by fly away
Oct 23 2006, 19:02
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: AI in Heroes of Might and Magic 5 - Nival principles
Replies: 256
Views: 52838

Re: AI in Heroes of Might and Magic 5 - Nival principles

That entire article is nonsense (I am Russian so I can read it). Sounds like we (players) should feel sorry for them (developers) being put in tough conditions and being unable to make a good AI. Bulls..t. I pay my money and I don't care why then couldn't make a good one in 2.5 years of development....
by fly away
Oct 18 2006, 19:47
Topic: Recommend Single Player Custom Maps
Replies: 26
Views: 5315

Yeah I had the same problem as Academy. Save for I went all the way around it and I still couldn't gain access to it. I had to give up because I couldn't afford to buy any buildings to try and take the harder one. Then I guess installing the updated version of the map is the way to go. If you wish ...
by fly away
Oct 18 2006, 17:46

I recall getting started with Androna but quitting because the nearby ore mine was not accessible (a glitch) and my faction had massive ore demands. Unfortunately, I don't remember which colour I was playing, but even so, I suppose it shouldn't be too hard to remedy. There is such a mine besides th...
by fly away
Oct 16 2006, 15:51

Re: Recommend Single Player Custom Maps

Does anyone know/recommend a good single player map?... it can be made for multiplayer but be still interesting to play in single player... coz I'm really bored with the maps the game came with... So... post your suggestions, impresions here... So far I'd recommend the Battle for Androna. It's very...
by fly away
Oct 13 2006, 17:55
Topic: What do you like best for single player
Replies: 15
Views: 3334

I voted Custom made maps although I love campaigns. But the campaign in H5 repels me from trying it for the second time. So fan made maps are the only way to enjoy H5 for me now...
by fly away
Oct 10 2006, 22:44
Topic: Power of speed
Replies: 10
Views: 2411

Re: Power of speed

Totally agree.
by fly away
Oct 9 2006, 23:32
Topic: H5 performance on large maps
Replies: 17
Views: 3629

Othmaar wrote:When you have uncovered large parts of a XL map the GPU will must render a LOT of objects.

I hope you don't assume that I wouldn't understand such a basic thing :D I am curious what's taking time before I have uncovered a LOT of objects?
by fly away
Oct 9 2006, 18:10

I've been playing Androna on and off, but have not had any overall slowdown. I have a 3Ghz CPU, 512MB RAM, Raytheon 3300 -- your typical 2 year old machine. Occasionally a computer player will seem to have a hard time deciding what to do. When I started the map it was labelled 'too big for you' but...
by fly away
Oct 2 2006, 23:54

Re: H5 performance on large maps

Have you gotten the latest Battle for Androna update? I haven't played the map yet as I am working on my own map currently, but the author posted in the mapmaking thread that enemy heroes using Instant Travel was causing very long turns for the AI. He has since then posted an update disabling Insta...
by fly away
Oct 2 2006, 22:49

H5 performance on large maps

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone else might feel that the game is quite slow on large size maps. Here is the thing - in my opinion I have a relatively good computer Pentium D 930, 2Gb RAM, ATI Radeon X1800GTO etc. Not the best at the moment, but, well, the best I could afford when the game was rele...

Go to advanced search