Search found 217 matches

by Mozared
23 Nov 2011, 10:46
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: > 28 days later
Replies: 88
Views: 35645

We should certify it the way it's been certified so far: as an interesting and decent Heroes game that is shamefully plagued by bugs up to the point of bare playability.
by Mozared
22 Nov 2011, 01:34
Topic: Simple Questions Simple Answers thread
Replies: 310
Views: 156451

You check their ability trees; if there's no rank 3 Might abilities, your hero is Magic. If there's no rank 3 Magic abilities, your hero is Might.
by Mozared
20 Nov 2011, 23:14
Topic: auto-combat vs manual combat.
Replies: 8
Views: 11581

I have to specify, I think; when I made my previous post I had only completed the first level of the Stronghold campaign. I've now started level two (about a month in, I think?) and am totally noticing what you meant. There's plenty of fights that I thought would be fairly close in terms of not losi...
by Mozared
20 Nov 2011, 23:12

You get it for your dynasty experience, I think. Your hero will still simply stick at the cap, and won't suddenly go up two levels in the next map or such.
by Mozared
20 Nov 2011, 18:30

EDIT: Checked Purple items aren't carry over to next mission. Only set items and Shantiri Moon Disc (if it is equipted). You know that 3 x Chest of Endless Gold (+1000 gold per day) or even Golden Goose (+2000 gold per day) will be too much advance at begining of new map, right? Ahh, it's set items...
by Mozared
19 Nov 2011, 14:42
Topic: auto-combat vs manual combat.
Replies: 8
Views: 11581

I turned off spellcasting during quick combat almost as soon as I turned on quick combat (i.e., day 1). I have played the Stronghold (might), Sanctuary (magic), and Necromancer (magic) campaigns in that order. This has led me to an interesting conclusion: despite the Sanctuary army being quite good...
by Mozared
17 Nov 2011, 21:38
Topic: Feat/Spell/Skill Testimony
Replies: 42
Views: 24137

Mentoring - almost a cheat Speaking of Mentoring... I haven't done the maths, but does anybody know whether it's worth it to give Mentoring to your second and third heroes in order to give your main hero some free XP? Not sure if it adds up well enough or if the gained XP from level 1-5 is only som...
by Mozared
17 Nov 2011, 21:35

1) Shackles artifact that causes no hero be able to retreat from a battle - what is the use? Since you can "revive" a hero even if he is dead, I don't get it. In older Heroes games, when you killed a hero he was killed. Now I see the hero still alive, even after a battle in which I used t...
by Mozared
14 Nov 2011, 07:53
Topic: Trouble in mission 3 of Irina Campaign
Replies: 4
Views: 3429

There isn't anything in the pure bottom left corner. The blue hero you're talking about is middle-left. That's easily accessible. Just find the point where you met the Orc hero, go north there and take the left road once you reach the prong. You'll end up next to one of the Orc prisons (there's a Ti...
by Mozared
13 Nov 2011, 22:46
Topic: How to Play Each Faction (to supplement Maltz’s walkthroughs
Replies: 16
Views: 40077

Decent write-up. In regards to Sanctuary: they seem to play fairly well according to their core stolen philosophy of perfect harmony and balance and then striking at the right time, yade yada. I've been having great succes with a magic-tears hero. Serenity, Tsunami (which really is powerful against ...
by Mozared
11 Nov 2011, 02:29
Topic: Heroic: campaign
Replies: 16
Views: 6424

I disagree. Very often and quite rightly the sole reason to write up a game is a story, in other words campaign. Without good story the game lacks reason to be created. That depends on the game, though. There's plenty of games with eff all story that simply fill a role in the market (Team Fortress ...
by Mozared
10 Nov 2011, 19:04
Topic: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game
Replies: 121
Views: 95812

I remember reading that the developers of VI wants to make the game less luck-based (hence more skill-based?). I think they have successfully tone down the luck element. Battles also generally drag a lot longer and the importance of healing shoots way up, which means a good ability repertoire and u...
by Mozared
10 Nov 2011, 13:33
Topic: Does time used affect campaign score at all?
Replies: 4
Views: 2848

Good question. I'm playing on the easiest difficulty and think I've got the max rank in a map where I spent several months winnnig because I wanted to clear out every inch of it.
by Mozared
09 Nov 2011, 17:45

On the flipside, I think you can simply not fill in the talents if you can't be bothered. They're only used when fighting duels, and it's the largest part of creating a hero. If you leave them out of the equation, creating a new hero is as much work as filling in a name, choosing a portrait, selecti...
by Mozared
09 Nov 2011, 08:03
Topic: Bugs
Views: 49826

From a fan point of view, I can't think of a single good reason to want a game to be out before it is done. Neither can I. The problem with really western society as a whole is that we've got people leading companies who don't understand the idea of quality. This is something Blizzard has shown, as...
by Mozared
09 Nov 2011, 07:57
Topic: Ubisoft server down, can't play, OMG
Replies: 19
Views: 11003

I wouldn't be so sure. Assassin's Creed 2 uses the infamous Jewbisoft's DRM and a part of the game content was accessible only from the servers to prevent easy cracking. Well, it failed and pirated versions of AC2 appeared on the net. Albeit a bit later, but they did. Therefore I wouldn't be surpri...
by Mozared
08 Nov 2011, 22:27

This game is so buggy I am already starting to regret I bought it, which is a pity since it seems to be a great game. I just can't enjoy it because how broken it is. how could this game even be released? I always imagine a group of very frustrated testers, artists, writers and programmers slamming ...
by Mozared
08 Nov 2011, 02:16

Most of the bugs (aside from the ridiculas Griffen bug) in combat seem to involve how ability interact with turns, for example if you cast mass regen you'll notice that some unit's seem to end faster than other's, it seems that high morale roles count as one move or something. not sure if that's ho...
by Mozared
07 Nov 2011, 20:13

Naki wrote:OK, then can you please tell me the English stack sizes then?
Few - 1-3
Lost - 5-10
Horde - 20-30 etc (these are examples, correct values are probably different)
viewtopic.php?t=5210
by Mozared
07 Nov 2011, 20:11
Topic: Official HoMM VI Reviews.
Replies: 78
Views: 34070

New review from MMGM (8 out of 10). MMGM reviewer: Very much a numbers game - It doesn't matter how skilled you are or what your tactics may be, battles are always going to be a numbers game. If the numbers don't add up, you'll be slaughtered. It can be rather frustrating to lose some of your best ...

Go to advanced search