Search found 217 matches

by Mozared
10 Nov 2006, 14:25
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: The Map Editor
Replies: 8
Views: 6045

Re: The Map Editor

dark raider wrote:why the flying f*** can't it build the neutral creature dwellings....
Because those don't exist? ^^
by Mozared
09 Nov 2006, 20:59
Topic: HOMM5: Seas, Skies & Winds
Replies: 10
Views: 6916

HOMM5: Seas, Skies & Winds

Hello again, I'm back :devil: Aaand, I've got 2 questions for you. Well, 1 question and 1 discussable subject rather :D . So, let me come to the point. 1) In the map I've been working on I've been screwing around in the "map properties tree" lately. My eye fell on 4 specific functions; Ref...
by Mozared
09 Nov 2006, 20:37
Topic: grail/tear of asha help
Replies: 18
Views: 9241

Post seems a bit old, but I found something I have to add (even though most of you probaly already know this :) ). As I found out in the dead man's lake map, you can place multiple grail objects, and the grail will then randomly be one of those objects. So if you want a specific random location, you...
by Mozared
05 Nov 2006, 14:02
Topic: why does the editor not save sometimes???
Replies: 9
Views: 5464

I've been having partially your problem; I've got a town in my map, for which I picked the +ore specialization and inserted a custom name+description. Ever since I did that the town specialization refuses to save. I need to reset the town specialization manually before saving everytime, else it will...
by Mozared
09 Oct 2006, 16:06
Topic: Map not seen on ingame list
Replies: 2
Views: 3902

I'm experimenting on the 8 towns thing. Last time I tried my map had 9 towns and was playable, so it shouldn't interrupt from showing. I think none of the errors you get while trying to save stop the map from showing, they're just there as a reminder that some things might be incorrect (I've got a w...
by Mozared
30 Sep 2006, 18:52
Topic: dont put monoliths on beach, or this will happen(picture) :)
Replies: 13
Views: 6873

Hmmm actually thanks a lot... I might've had that problem too, as I too have monoliths close to water in my map. :) . Could Ossir ship version move by the way? Or else disembark?

Mozared
by Mozared
30 Sep 2006, 18:43
Topic: underground is rubble HV
Replies: 1
Views: 2273

I think you've missed something very important; the co-ordinates your mouse are hovering over can -always- been seen in the interface, just look at the small beam at the bottom of your window. This makes the placing hellalot easier and should solve some problems :)

Mozared
by Mozared
27 Sep 2006, 16:53
Topic: Help requested regarding multiplayer/singleplayer maps
Replies: 11
Views: 7968

Strange, both maps "Forged in hate" and "Lands" that I sent back to you did work nicely for me. Could open them in editor and play as a hotseat game. Maybe you still need to reinstall the game (or editor)? Hmm well, I think I'll stick to this now, before things screw up again. S...
by Mozared
26 Sep 2006, 20:59
Topic: Modifying the way objects work (using scripts?)
Replies: 7
Views: 4714

Re: Modifying the way objects work (using scripts?)

1) Modify signposts so they bring up a window instead of a floating text that disappears too quickly for my tastes? 2) Modify "Military Posts" so that I can either set the armies defending them, or remove the armies defending them by default? 3) How the heck does the Sear Hut work? Both 1...
by Mozared
26 Sep 2006, 20:53
Topic: Help with editor
Views: 5015

And to add in, I don't believe there's an undo function, so save frequently. That's what I've been doing at least.

Mozared
by Mozared
26 Sep 2006, 20:49
Topic: H5 editor performance
Replies: 13
Views: 8015

I voted topmost, it runs smoothly for me 99% of the time. you know that button you can press in top tool bar that displays the AI pathing, shows the red blocked areas? when i press the button, it takes about 20 seconds to calculate and show the unblocked paths. im serious, i timed it. its impossible...
by Mozared
26 Sep 2006, 20:30
Topic: i just submitted a map, anyone want to test it?
Views: 4987

Can't you just fully zoom out, disable grid, and take a screenshot for an overview?

Mozared
by Mozared
26 Sep 2006, 19:41

I've got tons of back-ups, had something like this happened earlier so I'm a bit fanatic on pressing the save/save as button :D . I've just figured what I'm going to do; I'll mail you all files that belong to my map, I'll back-up all custom maps I have, and then I'll do a nice clean reïnstall of the...
by Mozared
26 Sep 2006, 19:34

Alright... it's getting seriously weird now. I've looked it all up, but all seemed to be correct, it still didn't work though. What I did though, was pick the original map (Lands at stake). Lost my volcano that way, but at least I got the map. I renamed the folder in there to 'Multiplayer' and guess...
by Mozared
26 Sep 2006, 19:27

Hmmm... this really is my day isn't it... It's indeed "Multiplayer", but the crash still occurs. I've looked around in the txt files as well, but can't find any path name or anything there.

Thanks for the help by the way, hope this can be solved...

Mozared
by Mozared
26 Sep 2006, 19:18

Aww, dammit. It all seemed to work, but now by editor crashes as soon as I try to open the map :disagree: . Are you sure it should be "MultiPlayer", and not "MultiPlayers"? As "SingleMissions" is also plural. *Still trying* Mozared EDIT: Some extra info; might it have s...
by Mozared
26 Sep 2006, 18:49

Help requested regarding multiplayer/singleplayer maps

Hello, I'm Mozared. Thus my introduction. Now to move on: I've been making a map for heroes of might and magic 5, mainly for private use [to play with palls], but I've stumbled upon a problem. I've got quite some experience with editors [ I've made a couple of heroes 3/4 maps, but the experience I m...

Go to advanced search