Search found 3758 matches

by Ethric
10 Jan 2006, 11:26
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Cranky Hero
Replies: 370
Views: 104886

The point was very good :D

But the drawing scares me... hard to say why, but I don't want to meet that guy in a light-deprived alley 8|
by Ethric
10 Jan 2006, 11:24
Forum: News
Topic: ForumTalk: Here We Go Again
Replies: 17
Views: 6052

And I didn't pester, threat, and bribe my way into the special title either, honest!
by Ethric
06 Jan 2006, 12:58
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Silly names in HoMMV! ...and alternatives to them!
Replies: 312
Views: 70750

Consecutive posts merges mysteriously... ;)

But it doesn't merge automatically. So probably a good idea to use edit now, for additions to last post.
by Ethric
03 Jan 2006, 19:27
Topic: It's Coming -- January 5th
Replies: 43
Views: 13047

It's Coming -- January 5th

Run for the hills, no-one is safe!
by Ethric
23 Aug 2005, 14:08
Topic: About the Starforce Copy Protection
Replies: 15
Views: 8418

Psychobabble wrote: "Not everyone has the technical knowledge to go searching for Warez sites and complicated workarounds." Hmm... I daresay anyone capable of day-to-day operating a PC and knows how to use the net wouldn't have much trouble locating various sites with cracks and similar. O...
by Ethric
22 Aug 2005, 22:46
Topic: About the Starforce Copy Protection
Replies: 15
Views: 8418

Well I for one don't care for copy-protection that inconviniencesdamages the legitimate buyer unduly. I have had experience with starforce, but I don't think it caused any problems at the time. As in, there were some glitches with the game but I don't think it had to do with starforce. Though it mig...
by Ethric
19 Aug 2005, 13:36
Forum: Articles
Topic: Discourses of M&M
Replies: 90
Views: 35228

Calling H5 a (potential) H3 clone isn't the main argument, it is just a convenient conclusion after seeing so many features that one has grown to like and enjoy that arrived in the game *after* H3, namely H4, being scrapped in favour of an older (H3) approach. If H5 was being made in H4's image, wit...
by Ethric
14 Aug 2005, 10:01
Topic: Inferno and Haven Info
Replies: 96
Views: 32458

If you were standing on the rails and the train headed for you, would you wait and see whether it would stop or not or would you walk of just in case?

If the menu served a dish you have never liked your whole life would you still order it? Or would you get something else?
by Ethric
14 Aug 2005, 02:07

And why would there be hate? I sure don't feel like hating people just because they disagree on me on this issue. And I hope CloudriderX and others won't feel the need for hate in this either. I'm certainly not going to "knock it off" as long as I still care about HoMM and don't like the w...
by Ethric
13 Aug 2005, 08:17

"I see promising, good even, features from H4 scrapped, and annoying aspects of H3 brought back. Therefore, I call it a H3 clone. Even though the word "clone" refers to an exact duplication which this is not. But it should be obvious to anyone that the word "clone" is here u...
by Ethric
13 Aug 2005, 00:23

Well said Wildbear. And Charles, specific gripes has been mentioned here on this very page many times, by me and others. I don't doubt the game could be good in itself, and a commercial success as well, but there's to many things I'd like to see differently. I will play it though. And then I will gr...
by Ethric
12 Aug 2005, 15:16

Sir Charles wrote: "Quit being so darned pessimistic and give the developers a chance. Sheesh!" So if I, based on the information I have, think the game should be done differently, I should not voice my opinions but rather sit back and hope it miracolously turns out ok afterall? Right... w...
by Ethric
12 Aug 2005, 08:16

"Okay, look. Let's try a different tact. What do YOU expect from Heroes 5?" I for one wanted to see some of the concepts in H4 built upon or continued (heroes in battle, sim retal, distinguished magic schools, etc) and see some things from other games thrown together into something new, li...
by Ethric
11 Aug 2005, 10:45

Pitsu wrote:

"Ethric, I am not even sure the graphics is better. More dimensions, that's it."

Well, more cutting edge at least. If they are better or not is of course an open question.
by Ethric
11 Aug 2005, 08:21

Oooh look, Heroes III with better graphics. Yay!
by Ethric
08 Aug 2005, 02:13
Topic: Dark Messiah Announced
Replies: 22
Views: 12222

DigitalNightfall wrote: "They have turned down a very lucrative deal to make a new game in an RPG series that is bigger and more dear to them than M&M, because the publisher wanted them to make it an action game, and not an RPG." Now that is interesting to know :D On the other hadn, th...
by Ethric
06 Aug 2005, 06:05

"ChaoticCoyote at 2005-08-05 10:00 wrote: It never ceases to amaze me how judgmental people can be about s something they know nothing about." The game is being presented as a first person action game. From that we know that either they do not plan for it to be an RPG (else they would have...
by Ethric
05 Aug 2005, 03:44

I'm not hoping for an RPG *flavour*... I'm hoping for an RPG. Anything less will be of no interest to me.

Go to advanced search