Search found 82 matches

by shep61
02 Jun 2019, 22:47
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 317
Views: 307207

Re: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients

Well, #26 was the charm. Finally won! Thanks for a great challenge, mctronic! Onward!
by shep61
02 Jun 2019, 22:30

OK. Well, I'm quite the HOMM veteran and love tough fights, but this one is ridiculous. Now on try number 22. Have never even been close to winning. Not fun any more. With 35 in every stat and mass spells against my 25 stats and virtually no spells, I don't see how this can be won. I have gated, use...
by shep61
02 Jun 2019, 18:44

mctronic, I have now tried to boss fight eleven times and have not even come close to winning. I'm on normal difficulty! My hero has no useful spells and the enemy hero is insane. Wild defense, four stacks of tier 7 creatures, and he just keeps casting curse of the netherworld and wiping out multipl...
by shep61
02 Jun 2019, 02:08

Never mind. I got it. I was stupid.... Very interesting gameplay! Nicely done!
by shep61
01 Jun 2019, 22:06

OK, sorry to be stupid, but when I go for the last trial (forgiveness), I get into a fight I can't win. I know it mirrors my army, but I can't use my dark magic spells, so my hero is useless and the enemy stats are insane. Am I missing something again? Even if I somehow win after many tries, I will ...
by shep61
01 Jun 2019, 21:28

Ah. Thanks. I already got rid of that ring at the altar. I should know better than to get rid of artifacts... Got to go back in time now. I appreciate the quick response.
by shep61
01 Jun 2019, 18:54

I'm having trouble with the same map, Trials of Nicolai. I know I need to get the shackles of the last man to light the pillar and I know where they are, but I can get near the wizard city where they are without getting killed. I'm clearly missing something....
by shep61
16 Mar 2019, 19:20

Already deep into it! Truly awesome. Best reason I have had to start playing again since the v5.5 mod! I'm struggling with Icy Death chapter, but that is part of the fun. The neutral stacks guarding the stat boosters are depleting too much of my army too early in the chapter. It's hard to ignore tho...
by shep61
09 Dec 2011, 19:12
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Tactics Skill Very Poorly Done
Replies: 14
Views: 8759

A few preset formations would be fine, especially if they were designed to take advantage of units with skills that depended on the formation, like "shield" in Haven. I could live with that. I'm not clear on the previous point about bad battle commanders having their troops in poor formati...
by shep61
05 Dec 2011, 21:51

That would be great. Funny that it takes a patch to get it back to what the previous version already did..... :)
by shep61
05 Dec 2011, 21:46

Tactics Skill Very Poorly Done

It's very frustrating when something that works on one version is undone in the next. That is what they have done with "tactics": 1) First, you now have to use up a skill point to just get the ability to arrange your troops. Why? This is new to HOMMVI. I have no problem with the extra area...
by shep61
08 Nov 2011, 23:34
Topic: Ubisoft server down, can't play, OMG
Replies: 19
Views: 10883

Ah yes. I stand corrected. I was a little strong when I said I couldn't play. As some of you have posted, I could still play, but did not have access to my saved games or campaign progress (since I didn't know to uncheck the "sync" box in the Ubiplayer) or any of the conflux. Since I did n...
by shep61
08 Nov 2011, 06:14
Topic: Ubisoft server down, can't play, OMG
Replies: 19
Views: 10883

Ubisoft server down, can't play, OMG

How bad can this get? I get home, ready to play more Heroes VI and I can't play because the Ubisoft server, which is completely useless to me and the game experience, is down. I am a very loyal HOMM player, but this has me about ready to quit the series. Having to use STEAM was bad enough, but at le...
by shep61
28 Oct 2011, 21:23
Topic: Any console code?
Replies: 7
Views: 4879

Hey Matlz!

Hi Maltz! Great to see you here and working on the game already. I helped you a little with some responses on your walkthroughs for HOMMV, if you recall. I will be interested in what you think of this version of the game. I'm not thrilled at the moment, but I might warm up to it. The hero skill syst...
by shep61
02 May 2008, 03:13
Topic: Tribes of the East: Campaign 3 mission 2
Replies: 3
Views: 4315

You have to walk into the water at the landing at the South end of the island in the NE corner of the map and use the Vessel of Shalshalla (sp?) spell to call a boat.
by shep61
07 Mar 2008, 20:32
Topic: Stuck on Heroes V, TotE. . . help!
Replies: 13
Views: 5815

To be more specific, the "raise skeleton archers" special is gone completely in ToTE and the necro ability has been toned down heavily. There is no way to raise 3K+ archers in ToTE, even in a long scenario. "Raise Dead" spell has also been neutered.
by shep61
08 Feb 2008, 23:57

Marzhin, I'm not sure you need to do that. I did manage to beat it. It just very tight in the beginning. If you wait even one turn too long before attacking that first garrison, you lose. However, it is possible and the mission is excellent! I really enjoyed this one! Once you get past the red army ...
by shep61
08 Feb 2008, 07:42
Topic: LotA Book 2 Feedback
Replies: 12
Views: 7750

um....I get attacked before I get to the first garrison and there is nowhere to run. I'm in a dead end path, where my starting city sits. Did you get to the first garrison without getting attacked?
by shep61
07 Feb 2008, 16:36
Topic: LotA Book 2 Feedback
Replies: 12
Views: 7750

LotA Book 2 Feedback

The long awaited Book 2 of LotA is out! After finishing the first mission and trying the second, here are some observations: - The first mission was too easy. I played on hard and still never lost a unit in any fight. Most AI units never got a shot off! - The first map is large with a lot of running...
by shep61
07 Feb 2008, 16:25

Trying to play the second mission. I must be missing something. Red attacks me with a ridiculous army on day 4 of the first week! I lose. I've restarted 5 times, but the same thing happens. I'm stuck!

Go to advanced search