Search found 293 matches

by myythryyn
Feb 24 2012, 16:58
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: map making info
Replies: 6
Views: 3794

map making info

Hello, I was looking forward to making H6 maps, but sadly the editor is so complicated you need a graphics design degree to use it. It also has the most useless documentation and the biggest problem is that custom maps cannot be shared and only played in hotseat. So ill have to go back to older vers...
by myythryyn
Jan 5 2008, 17:00
Topic: ToTE -Transform Town Values Changed(HOF as well)
Replies: 12
Views: 5129

hello again. i just updated the title of this post, so it says ToTE. i have just received a report from a player that the TransformTown values have probably changed again with Tribes of the East. on the map Lord Garrick Stahlrad, same map i made this post originally about, the town that is supposed ...
by myythryyn
Oct 27 2007, 17:20
Topic: TOTE Map Editor Changes
Views: 2787

It's still laggish and slow whether you have animations on or off. And I even have pretty new and fast computer (runs Bioshock very well). I still have light difficulties with handling the camera rotations, doesn't feel intuitive at all. Easy to notice after longer breaks. thats too bad. so you don...
by myythryyn
Oct 26 2007, 23:58
Topic: TOTE Map Editor Changes
Views: 2787

Finally!!! we have asked for an animations on/off button for how long now, a year? hmmm, maybe ill consider making another map now. the laggy performance of the editor on an object filled large map is one of the big things that made making maps a pain...of course there are other issues that still bu...
by myythryyn
May 9 2007, 6:57
Topic: HOF: Rotating and disappearing objects
Replies: 3
Views: 2160

yes, alot the arena objects are "unstable" and rotate after you place them and reload the map. so what i do is place objects, save, close map, then reload. the arena objects that are still in the same position i put them in before and after loading, i copy and paste them. all the ones that rotated, ...
by myythryyn
May 1 2007, 14:22
Topic: [H5 EDITOR] Troubleshooting topic
Replies: 579
Views: 148123

ok first ill give you the bad news...then the good news :) the bad news - no scripts in multiplayer maps. they have been disabled. which could explain why you couldnt open the console, as i have never tried to open the console in a multiplayer map. what is supposed to happen is that in the game, the...
by myythryyn
May 1 2007, 5:44
Topic: [H5 EDITOR] Troubleshooting topic
Replies: 579
Views: 148123

Re: Basic questions...

hello, first off, Pitsu was kind enough to make us a scripting docuement here is the link http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5430 1) Why can we add scripts to "map properties" and "objects properties"? Any differences between both of them? 2) What difference between setting a tri...
by myythryyn
Apr 29 2007, 22:29
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: continue a map after buying expansion?
Replies: 3
Views: 1299

once you install the expansion, you will have two versions of the map editor a HOMM V one, and a HOF one with all the dwarf/snow objects. you can open a map made with regular HOMM V with the HOF editor. once you do that, your HOMM V map is converted into a HOF map and cannot be opened again with the...
by myythryyn
Apr 23 2007, 6:07
Topic: Elevation causes really bad lag
Replies: 17
Views: 4847

ok thxs alot for checking my map GOW, its too bad that it wasnt just my system that is getting the bad lag. so I just finished resurfacing the map....again. :devious: this time i completely flattened to zero the middle area, i left some terrain elevated, but it looks like the lag is mostly gone now....
by myythryyn
Apr 21 2007, 5:20

so i just finished re surfacing the entire map. that was just so much fun... :devious: but i am still getting lag in the center elevated area of my map. :wall: at least the lag is better, though im not happy with it. its playbable, but annoying. the reduced elevation has helped. i did reduce the ove...
by myythryyn
Apr 21 2007, 5:11
Topic: AI too dumb to use colored gates/keys?
Replies: 10
Views: 3681

another option may be to place fixed creature stacks or garrisons that are of the size that you estimate the computer will have sufficient power to defeat in the time frame you want him to break out of his area. thats actually what i first tried, and i guess the trick is "sufficient power". I at fi...
by myythryyn
Apr 19 2007, 3:50

ok so with some further testing, i have discovered i am wrong. the AI does know how to open colored gates. i created a tiny small test map with the whole map blocked off except a path between two towns. I put a blue tent near the AI town, and a blue gate between the two towns. the AI opened the gate...
by myythryyn
Apr 18 2007, 22:58

AI attractors can be used in multiplayer maps? in the properties tree? you mean just like how you would set up pointed lights for instance, you would set up an AI attractor/ what settings do you use? could you give an example? the test i did with the AI attractor script command in a map i made did n...
by myythryyn
Apr 18 2007, 19:45

AI too dumb to use colored gates/keys?

Hello, im making a smaller size map with three computer AI players. i put colored barrier gates to block off each players area. in this one test i did, i played up to month 4, and none of the three AI players ever opened their colored gate, they just sat in their castle. so i quit that test and star...
by myythryyn
Apr 15 2007, 2:40
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Getting the most out of my game - The PERFECT MAP?
Replies: 14
Views: 3248

one thing i can say that you will never be able to do with your friend is play on a map with quests, or seer huts giving quests. you can only have quests on a map with scritping, and scripting is disabled for multiplayer maps. only on single player maps can you have quests. you can never have quests...
by myythryyn
Apr 13 2007, 14:52

hmmm yes, i read that post. My terrain wasnt as extreme as that, but perhaps the camera angles are what is the problem. Since the game cant handle any other camera angle other than top down wihout a slow down of the game, high elevations could cause the game to change camera angles and create lag. i...
by myythryyn
Apr 12 2007, 23:10

Mozared could you load up your map and test that elevated area and see if there is any lag? the lag was completely unbearable on my map. i used the normal map size, and the entire middle area of the map was elevated between 30-50. let me know what happens, im curious to know if maybe its just my sys...
by myythryyn
Apr 8 2007, 14:56

sorry, its for HV. it definetly is the elevations i had causing the extreme lag. i just finished flattening, then resurfacing the entire map, i made sure not to go above 15 for height, and only in smaller sized areas. even with less height, i still notice a slow down when i enter that area. its real...
by myythryyn
Apr 6 2007, 20:33
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Tribes of the East Screenshot
Replies: 113
Views: 13913

Tribes of the East Screenshot

"quote"Yes, everyone knows that the tambourine is a pinnacle of modern science. " I never said it was the pinnacle of science, i said it looked like it belongs in a modern setting, and manufactured. the Tambourine can only stay if they make it look more primitive, like the ones here on Wiki (the ara...
by myythryyn
Apr 6 2007, 16:38
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Tribes of the East Screenshot
Replies: 113
Views: 13913

Tribes of the East Screenshot

ok we cant forget about the tambourine. It has to go. it does not belong with an orcish might faction in primitive tribal setting. It looks manufactured and silly. What does this unit upgrade too? a banjo player? maybe he gets a microphone. Nival, please get rid of the tambourine!!

Go to advanced search