Search found 13 matches

by player1
23 Sep 2006, 13:22
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Enlightment, is it finally worth picking now?
Replies: 48
Views: 13306

To me, Englightment is good choice, since it makes possible to take Intelligence and increase mana by +50%.

And in my experience with campaign, Markal is very low on knowledge early, so extra mana would really benefit him.
by player1
19 Sep 2006, 13:15
Topic: the undocumented changes for 1.3
Replies: 17
Views: 6949

Qlczas-PL wrote:the chain lightning bug is still there...
after 3 patches, one major bug is still there! how can this be possible!
Hmm...
So mayor that I don't know what are you talking about.
Major bugs are supposed to be easy to indentry and experience.
by player1
10 Sep 2006, 06:16
Topic: Some newbie questions about gameplay...
Replies: 4
Views: 1877

Re: Some newbie questions about gameplay...

h4mx0r wrote:4.) If I install patches, will they make current saves unplayable?
Current patch install instructions recommend restarting campaign missions after applying patch.
So whil you still can continue saved games, it is NOT recommended.
by player1
06 Sep 2006, 08:51
Topic: Conjure Pheonix is simply ridiculous
Replies: 63
Views: 13864

As for Wasp Swarm, even expert version deals 30-40% less damage then untrained Ice Bolt. And delay effect is just for one turn, comapred to, for example, slow spell. Same for Fist of Wraith, also -20% weaker at expert then untrained destruction spells. Fire Trap is pointless (and mana expensive), du...
by player1
06 Sep 2006, 08:45

The problem I see with Arcane Arour (duel battles observation), is that it is mostly useful only in first few rounds of comabat.

If more is passed, you'll get more bang for the buck if you use Raise Dead. Not only extra virtual HP, but damage dealing potential too.
by player1
05 Sep 2006, 23:36
Topic: map editor has 8 town limit - nival has to change this
Replies: 109
Views: 21968

Important fact about hero limit: There is total 8 heroes per faction. (somewhat releated to town limit, since higher maximum would requise extra slider in interface) The reason: If all 8 players had 8 heroes each, there will be no more heroes to recuit. P.S. By the way, there is a map with more then...
by player1
05 Sep 2006, 17:26
Topic: Renegade units in Addon
Replies: 153
Views: 61494

Markal did more then enough actions to clasify him as evil.

The mere act of reanimating Nicolay is enough, especially, since he knew exactly what would be the result (while Isabel did not).

Stripping the Nicolay from heavens and damning him for ethernity.
That is so EVIL!
by player1
05 Sep 2006, 06:44

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:Phantom Forces: sometimes the image is destroyed (only has to take one point of damage) before it even has a chance to act
And sometimes that's exactly what you want.
To make enemy waste one or two most poweful attacks without hurting any of your units.
by player1
05 Sep 2006, 06:28

I meant real reasons, not i'm evil and require power. Real people never think of themselves as evil. That duality is present in Disciples in which Bethrezen basicaly got screwed badly by jealous angels and wants rather justified revenge and Mortis wants to ressurect her one true love. Does that mak...
by player1
04 Sep 2006, 15:59

You forgot Markal, he wants to restore Necomancer order.
by player1
04 Sep 2006, 15:33

Bah, you want a sense of ambiguity, check out Discipples. Sure there are both evil and good factions, but they all have real reasons to do what they do, and not just "to kill stuff". Well they have reasons in Heroes5... Demon Soverign want to accure demon messiah... Merkal want to restore...
by player1
04 Sep 2006, 14:44

He is fighting for power. He does not wake and say: "Hmmmmm. Whom could I kill today for fun?". He wakes and says: "Hmmmmm. How could I become more powerful today?" All magicians are like that. Fighting for power, at expense of others (incluging reanimating corpses of enemies) i...
by player1
04 Sep 2006, 09:14

If you remembered, when expansion of warcraft 3 came, it offered a new playable race Naga but only as a campaign feature, so I believe that if Nival is aware of possible unbalance they will probably include this option only for campaign. Well, the things is Naga's where never complete race, they on...

Go to advanced search