Search found 108 matches

by Arqane
28 Nov 2006, 18:22
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Ruins in the Desert bug
Replies: 28
Views: 11942

Pitsu was only recommending cheats because there was in fact a bug in that version.
by Arqane
27 Nov 2006, 00:01
Topic: bug? glitch? or just something fun?
Replies: 10
Views: 3172

I'm assuming you mean the fortress castle runes. They randomly use a rune on one of your characters (per rune that they step on). It's a nice way to get some very powerful runes on your defenders without having to worry about the cost. As far as the creature it goes to, it always seems to be one in ...
by Arqane
26 Nov 2006, 19:29
Topic: bug? glitch? or just something fun?
Replies: 10
Views: 3172

I tried the same thing with castle defenses, bouncing attackers into the runes (since it was a fortress defense). Unfortunately, it doesn't trigger the runes right then.
by Arqane
26 Nov 2006, 08:12
Topic: HELP - Constant crashes when in large castle combat (HOF)
Replies: 7
Views: 2921

Even with the best program, sometimes things like that can happen. Chances are that something is wrong with the save file and the way it's playing. It probably will work if you restart and got to basically the same point. Another possibility is a memory leak. That can really only be fixed by a patch...
by Arqane
23 Nov 2006, 08:59
Topic: Most powerful spell?
Replies: 44
Views: 9258

Yeah, summoning has really turned into battlefield control. -Firewall keeps things moving along, with very nice damage. -Fire Trap keeps ground pounders generally out of a 5x5 area. -Wasp Swarm slows one enemy + a little damage. -Summoning spells just fill up the board on your side Now if only heroe...
by Arqane
23 Nov 2006, 08:55
Topic: HoF Campaign 3 (Mild spoilers)
Replies: 2
Views: 1612

HoF Campaign 3 (Mild spoilers)

I think I heard a bit of grumbling about C3, and now I think I see why. The main hero has the worst special possible. The campaign heros get plenty strong and don't really need specials, but seriously, it's just silly to have that special.
by Arqane
23 Nov 2006, 08:51
Topic: Most powerful spell?
Views: 9258

The poll might have been better as a favorite spell poll. Anyway, along those lines, I really like Firewall now. I mean REALLY like it. It's a wee bit too powerful against the AI, I think, and still decently powerful against other players. Good damage to 3 spaces automatically, and if you cast it on...
by Arqane
23 Nov 2006, 08:44
Topic: Jailbreak blues in HoF
Replies: 6
Views: 6224

Yeah, just follow the objectives on that map. The only way I can see you losing the map is if you completed an objective you weren't supposed to do yet. In that case, watch the road very carefully ;).
by Arqane
22 Nov 2006, 09:26
Topic: HOF/ 1.4 Skill changes
Replies: 27
Views: 6458

That's rather like my Linear Algebra class, where the fundamental rules were contradictory to each other. But of course they couldn't cancel each other out... they were the rules... made up as they were. By the way, Consume can mean a few different things. The wizard using up an artifact to power a ...
by Arqane
22 Nov 2006, 09:13
Topic: HOF: C2 The Guerrillas:Need Help
Replies: 3
Views: 1852

Up to you. Not sure whether he has artifacts or not, since I didn't kill him and easily took the town anyway ;).
by Arqane
21 Nov 2006, 04:16
Topic: Question On Ranger Ultimate
Replies: 48
Views: 12037

I think both level and War Machines skill goes into the HP now. I believe in the campaign, one of the guys had a Ballista with 1200hp (triple shot me for an average of 450/hit). Of course, the rest of his army wasn't much above 1200hp, so it made an interesting choice. With the new patch, it's hardl...
by Arqane
18 Nov 2006, 19:57
Topic: Does harm touch need a change?
Replies: 36
Views: 7321

I voted that it's perfectly fine as it already is. The main power of Harm Touch is usually NOT that it kills something. That's a side effect, and I'm not sure I ever used the ability just because of that. That dispel has been VERY useful in some cases. With 2-3 good buffs on a tough stack, I've used...
by Arqane
09 Nov 2006, 05:04
Topic: Artifact Merchant- why just gold?
Replies: 25
Views: 6499

I've got two words for you: Cash Only!

Yeah, I liked the way it worked in H3 better, but either way works for me.
by Arqane
06 Nov 2006, 21:09
Forum: News
Topic: Hammers of Fate Trailer
Replies: 41
Views: 13553

By the wording of the ability, it sounds like it shouldn't work on Berzerkers. Besides, aren't they both special abilities, so you couldn't choose both at once (like gating and explosion)?
by Arqane
01 Nov 2006, 10:10
Topic: Dragon utopia tips
Replies: 23
Views: 6691

Dont forget however that marksman negate all defense points with their special..thus doing bonus damage. So it does not take as many as you might think :). Yeah, a decent hero will have them doing 10-15 each on average by that point. Their potential damage just with bless is 24 each (8x3 at 30 atta...
by Arqane
01 Nov 2006, 05:28
Topic: Dragon utopia tips
Replies: 23
Views: 6691

Granted, I haven't done it since the last patch, but I did it with every faction in 1.2 by the end of Week 4. The main trick is 'abusing' certain things against the AI. It has predictable behaviors, and you can choose troop types that can work against it. It's a little bit harder in the latest patch...
by Arqane
30 Oct 2006, 09:43
Topic: Neutral Creatures Joining Party - Random or Pre-Set?
Replies: 21
Views: 14767

Neutral creatures joining is random , but the probability of it depends from many factors and can be from 0 to 55 percents . If your army isn't 4 times stronger than neutrals , they will always fight , if your're 4-8 times stronger they would either fight or being ready to join for money , if you'r...
by Arqane
27 Oct 2006, 17:19
Topic: Neutral Creatures Joining Party - Random or Pre-Set?
Replies: 21
Views: 14767

I don't remember if the manual had a section with the actual info on this. It's actually both random, and not random. If you get the Silent Stalker skill, you can see certain neutrals that will always join you, some that will always fight you, and the rest will be random. I know random has to do wit...
by Arqane
24 Oct 2006, 03:58
Topic: AI in Heroes of Might and Magic 5 - Nival principles
Replies: 256
Views: 73604

While writing a good AI is difficult, it's not impossible. The reason why AI is still relatively horrible is that most of the resources spent on video games are spent on other things. Games should be the front-runner that increases AI technology, since so many games use some form of AI. However, 90%...
by Arqane
20 Oct 2006, 09:09
Topic: nature's luck without nature's luck?
Views: 10697

Yeah, also about the random seed... if you reload a game and do things exactly the same way as you did them before, then you will indeed get the exact same results. The seed is saved with the save file. If you change little things, you'll get a different result. I was just reading another board for ...

Go to advanced search