Search found 72 matches

by loran16
Oct 17 2015, 0:41
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Taking lessons from Heroes 3
Replies: 30
Views: 6798

Re: Taking lessons from Heroes 3

The debacle that is Heroes 7 has lots of people talking about playing Heroes 3. Naturally that draws derision from some quarters who feel the Heroes 3 crowd are too stuck in old ways and keep comparing everything to Heroes 3. I, too, have spent some time thinking about the strengths of Heroes 3, an...
by loran16
Sep 30 2015, 1:41
Topic: Is it just me? or the AI is way too strong in campaign?
Replies: 18
Views: 4529

Re: Is it just me? or the AI is way too strong in campaign?

Don't have the game yet (waiting a few months for bugs to be eliminated hopefully, since I have little faith in the launch product), but situations like that usually imply the mission is one in which you're supposed to act way sooner. You usually don't' see them that early in a Heroes campaign, but ...
by loran16
Sep 8 2015, 21:58
Topic: The Beta: Impressions
Replies: 106
Views: 32049

Re: The Beta: Impressions

Two more bugs/performance issues actually I forgot. 1. Minotaur retaliation is totally bugged. When you attempt to attack a minotaur, it always shows as "retaliation: no" - even if it can retaliate. Needless to say, with its preemptive retaliation, thats a huge error. Also, some no retalia...
by loran16
Sep 8 2015, 3:38

Okay I'm done with the beta. I still am able to play it, but there's very little more I feel like learning at the cost of playing this game. My computer is probably below the minimum to play the game, but the memory usage is insane. When the game boots up, i'ts using 2 Gigabytes of Ram immediately; ...
by loran16
Sep 6 2015, 7:01

Beta still works for me. I still keep getting the same computer vision bug. i randomly get vision of opponents turns, even though I have no ability to see that area of the map during my own term. It's a major bug - I know exactly where the opponent is, what their units are, etc. Awful. In all honest...
by loran16
Sep 3 2015, 3:18

Two more glitches found tonight: 1. Faced an army of 30 Gargoyles split into 3 groups of 10 with 7 wolves and 20 crossbowmen with a might hero (8 ATK). Quick Combat had the gargoyles winning in a total rout - 3 gargoyles dead, my entire army dead. An actual battle resulted in a clean sweep (no casua...
by loran16
Sep 2 2015, 3:18

Possible bug? I started a match on the 3 player large match as Dungeon. A few turns in, I randomly got full view of player 3 (red)'s turn, despite having no skills I could find that would enable such. I had no view of Player two (green), but player red i could see fully his turn. However, once red's...
by loran16
Sep 1 2015, 3:06

Kalah wrote:Got some feedback on that: did you have the Renewal – ability (prime magic)? It should give you 40 mana after battle.

Ah, my starting hero started with it. Okay that solves that. It doesn't solve the metamagic bug.
by loran16
Aug 31 2015, 3:46
Topic: The Damage is Already Done
Replies: 258
Views: 51037

I've played 1-5, but skipped 6. So I am aware of Heroes 3, which is my favorite of the series (still have my CDs of H3 and AB, though i've lost my copy of SOD).

But yes you get my point pretty well (although I wouldn't say H3 was balanced between the factions - a blast to play tho!)
by loran16
Aug 30 2015, 16:53

The cost of Colossus vs Titan also features a large jump - from like 5K+1resource to 7500+2 of one resource and 1 of another. I guess the idea is making it worth getting unupgraded units? Meh. --Sidenote, can we also talk about how stupid the renaming of resources is? You go back to the classic 7 re...
by loran16
Aug 30 2015, 6:00

I dropped the settings myself cjlee as much as I thought I could. I'm pretty sure I'm below minimum requirements fwiw. The FPS sucks, but it's playable. Impressions: Again my only completed game (on bad neighbors) involves Academy and a bug I'm pretty sure made metamagic too powerful (again, master ...
by loran16
Aug 29 2015, 16:00

I have linked this topic to the developers so they can stop by and take a look when they have time. Please keep posting your impressions (off-topic rants will be cleaned) and also report bugs if you can. :) On this page there are instructions on how to post bug reports. Rofl, nice link wise guy. Yo...
by loran16
Aug 29 2015, 5:39

Where the hell do I report bugs? The link on the main site links straight back to the beta main page instead of a place to submit bugs. It's a circle..... Are these things that I'm seeing as intended? 1. Mana regenerates completely for an academy magic hero after battle. I always have full mana goin...
by loran16
Aug 14 2014, 2:35
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes VII Announced
Replies: 68
Views: 12824

Heroes VII Announced

Very disappointed that only one of Inferno/Dungeon would make it - both are more significant than Stronghold (Logicly you'd do one of stronghold/fortress instead of sylvan/fortress)
by loran16
Sep 29 2007, 7:16
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: The Demo is out!
Replies: 41
Views: 6877

Agree on there should be a punishment for re-training imo.

Of note, can someone fully document the changes to the skill wheel? There are a ton more options, and some paths were changed.

Of note.....ultimates now require one less skill tree, though im not sure i like certain changes....
by loran16
Sep 22 2007, 3:57
Topic: General LotA thread-Thoughts and opinions thus far.
Replies: 50
Views: 11376

Mission 2 is disappointing a bit...i rushed Purple wiping him out fast, then just spent time building up till i had a strong army before i even went for the seer's huts to take on Green. The time inbetween purple's death and attacking green was a bit too long for my taste....i'd say this map is a b...
by loran16
Sep 1 2007, 16:05

Legends of the Ancients 1.1 Changelog B1C1------------------------------- Enemy heroes start at level 5 B1C2------------------------------- Towns of Rija, Vitross and Nekorrum have more buildings Enemy heroes (Player 2) start at level 10 Gauldoth can't go out of his fortress The objects for the gui...
by loran16
Aug 25 2007, 4:45
Topic: LotA book 1, campaign walkthrough.
Replies: 4
Views: 1499

Mission 2 walkthrough complete....any comments or things that i missed?

Mission 3 should be more interesting, as its the most difficult of them all.
by loran16
Aug 24 2007, 21:38

Just a question, are the witch huts random in the scenarios? In my play through on heroic, ive gotten dark, expert dark, and attack from them. Which is quite nice (On pace for level 24 ultimate). Also, one hut gave me the same thing as it did in my normal run-through. Are these nonrandom?
by loran16
Aug 21 2007, 1:45
Topic: Heroic only with Freny, PM, or Phantom forces?
Replies: 14
Views: 2794

Re: Heroic only with Freny, PM, or Phantom forces?

Seriously , if you've quit on HMM -V for those reasons, its just plain silly. Maybe you're starting off on heroic your first time through, which might be too much for you if you aren't used to how to play each faction yet. But if thats the case, play it on normal. I mean, c'mon people. Actually, my...

Go to advanced search