Search found 15 matches

by Dread Wolf
14 Aug 2006, 00:17
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Favorite Skill Combinations ...
Replies: 37
Views: 10909

I guess what I'm looking for is a general "ultimate" build, reguardless of what race / faction .... (I like to keep things simple so I don't have to memorize different combinations :lol: But I can see that for many, what I have always thought were "must haves", are not used at al...
by Dread Wolf
13 Aug 2006, 19:44
Topic: Favorite Skill Combinations ...
Replies: 37
Views: 10909

Favorite Skill Combinations ...

This may have been posted elsewhere already, and I have seen several references to skill combinations in other threads, but I'd like to get some type of group ideas on who likes what best ... For my combinations, please feel free to make better suggestions ... I personally like to have: Attack Defen...
by Dread Wolf
13 Aug 2006, 03:35
Topic: A general gripe of being "required" to cheat ....
Replies: 4
Views: 1995

It's really taken the wind out of me for continuing. I finally just entered @Win() and moved on, but the game doesn't have the same feel ..... it has really ruined that "first time through" feeling for me.
by Dread Wolf
12 Aug 2006, 11:28
Topic: That warm fuzzy feeling
Replies: 15
Views: 3443

Sir_Toejam wrote:http://www.nival.com/ru/

yup, russian.

;)

publishers want cheaper devs these days.

PC gaming is almost dead. at the current rate, it will be entirely defunct in about 5 years.

sad times.
I certainly hope not, I don't own any other "gaming systems" and probably won't.
by Dread Wolf
12 Aug 2006, 06:38

Sir_Toejam wrote:
but they had an excuse for the lousy dialog, Akila is a Russian group
Isn't Nival a "Russian" group as well?

IIRC, they just recently opened a US dev studio.
Not sure, I haven't looked them up ... if that's the case, the dialog may not be getting translated into English very well.
by Dread Wolf
12 Aug 2006, 04:47

I like the game (except for the bugs) ... The dialog and scene animation is laughable, and reminds me of Sea Dogs when it came out ... but they had an excuse for the lousy dialog, Akila is a Russian group, and didn't have a good grasp of english. But the game was playable. To give Akila credit, they...
by Dread Wolf
12 Aug 2006, 04:16
Topic: A general gripe of being "required" to cheat ....
Replies: 4
Views: 1995

A general gripe of being "required" to cheat ....

Quotes posted from a another thread .... (I didn't want to clutter the bugs thread ... ) Playing the Ranger Campaign, the Arch Vampire, I end my turn on Day 5 Week 1, Month 5, and the computer player decides he's not going to play any more ... he gets half way through his turn and stops .... so .. I...
by Dread Wolf
07 Aug 2006, 14:16
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Which M&M do you like best?
Replies: 48
Views: 28410

I've only really played VIII and IX to any degree .... last Christmas, my wife and kids bought me Might and Magic VI Special Edition (includes I - V)

The older ones wouldn't really play on XP, and I just couldn't seem to get into VI, so ...

I like VIII the best ....
by Dread Wolf
07 Aug 2006, 05:17
Topic: the refugees
Replies: 12
Views: 5104

Yippee!!!!!

An (almost) blow by blow of The Refuges (v.1.2) / Normal Level Garrisons from left to right referred to as Garrisons 1 - 5 End of Day 4 / Week 1 / Month 1 Garrison 3 attacked by Lucricia, leading an army of: 1 Spectral Dragon 2 Wraiths 1 Arch Lich 10 Vampire Lords 11 Spectres 18 Plague Zombies 24 Sk...
by Dread Wolf
07 Aug 2006, 00:18
Topic: The Heroes V Wish List
Replies: 38
Views: 11666

I'd like to be able to completely customize a Hero ... from his starting bonuses, creatures, abilities, scores, etc ....
by Dread Wolf
06 Aug 2006, 23:50
Topic: Guys, give UBI a breath...
Replies: 214
Views: 50589

P.S. Dread Wolf, your story sounds really nice. It must be great to play homm with your children. Maybe you should check the walktrough section if you need help. The A.I. does cheat like crazy. They should call it artificial cheating. I pretty much did do the walkthrough as well as I could ... that...
by Dread Wolf
06 Aug 2006, 23:12

Did you defend in your town to fight Biara? That would make things much easier. Also, try to conserve troops as much as you can. Biara should come after 2-3 waves of teal heroes. The teal heroes might hit different garrisons (and lose to them for the first time), so you only need to fight 1, mostly...
by Dread Wolf
06 Aug 2006, 22:55
Topic: Guys, give UBI a breath...
Replies: 214
Views: 50589

My experience with H-V has been this: Saw the game in the store, remembered how much I enjoyed H-IV, made sure my system could run it, and bought it ... made the wife drive home so I could start reading the manul ... hmmm not much of a manual, but hey, I played IV a lot long ago, I should remember w...
by Dread Wolf
06 Aug 2006, 20:29

well, apparently my problem is that Biara has not shown up... any way to trigger that? This no-Biara bug has annoyed so many players, and there is no easy solution. Your mission is bugged. People have been reporting that when they don't load a game at all since Day 1, their game functions normally ...
by Dread Wolf
06 Aug 2006, 18:31

My problem has been quite different .. I can't seem to survive long enough for her to show up ... by I managed to get some heroes posted between some of the garrisons, and when they attacked one, I was able to get to it to replace the troops ... then while going back to get more troops, they attacke...

Go to advanced search