Search found 18 matches

by Thanquol
23 Jan 2010, 02:12
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: HoMM.V tool
Replies: 6
Views: 8301

Interesting, are you able to export/import to/from other 3D formats also?
by Thanquol
09 Jan 2010, 19:36
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 4 +Vista
Replies: 27
Views: 12269

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere then HoMM4 will no longer BSOD on Vista 64 if you update to SP2. This might fix other games that experienced the same problem as well.

You might have to download SP2 manually as it it doesn't show up for everyone via AutoUpdate.
by Thanquol
04 Feb 2008, 01:09
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: No recruitment from opposing town alignments.
Replies: 17
Views: 12606

Script controlled options to block certain players/factions from hiring troops of specific alignments might generate some interesting new strategies/design possibilities. The same can be said for options to convert captured cities to your own aligment. But it probably shouldn't be enforced by defaul...
by Thanquol
23 Jun 2006, 22:43
Topic: Dark Knights Mod
Replies: 18
Views: 30993

Yes ok, I see that you have added Harm Touch to the Death Knight as a triggerable spell type effect.

Sadly then what I was hoping you had discovered was how to modify the passive abilites assigned to a unit. Oh well.
by Thanquol
23 Jun 2006, 08:33

*Tumbleweed rolls by*
by Thanquol
21 Jun 2006, 05:46
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Improving Scouting and a solution to the tactics phase issue
Replies: 17
Views: 5580

Re: Improving Scouting and a solution to the tactics phase i

It allows you to see much farther and that certain extra squares of uncovered fog of war can be sometimes game-deciding. There is no real fog of war in HoMM5 - another good concept from HoMM4 they failed to implement. Had they implemented fog of war then Scouting would have been a lot more usefull,...
by Thanquol
19 Jun 2006, 17:06

Regarding those special abilities ... would you care to share how you assign new or remove existing abilities to/from units(what files etc. are involved)?
by Thanquol
18 Jun 2006, 17:01
Topic: Lastest artifact mod and install description?
Replies: 25
Views: 7989

They were not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Necromancer helm still not works! Right of celestial still not works!!!! All of the artifacts that were missing descriptions have them now after patch (including the 2 you mention) - at least on my system and I am not using any mod to achieve this either. If you still h...
by Thanquol
15 Jun 2006, 04:54
Topic: Is necromancy worth taking?
Replies: 12
Views: 5145

Hmm, I'd drop Logistics and grab Enlightenment instead - choosing Intelligence, Scholar and Lord of the Undead for optimal effect.

I'd even be willing to drop Luck for Enlightenment with Markal since he is stuck with Leadership.
by Thanquol
14 Jun 2006, 15:58
Topic: What Units would you like to see in a Snow Town Expansion?
Replies: 124
Views: 27903

Re: What Units would you like to see in a Snow Town Expansio

This isn't LotR -_- All modern fantasy is LotR, by way of D&D. While LotR has been a great inspiration for the development of the fantasy genre, it is a little narrowminded - and an outright insult to the creative people - to say that all modern fantasy is merely LotR variations. That is like s...
by Thanquol
14 Jun 2006, 15:26
Topic: Protecting Shooters...
Replies: 33
Views: 11050

I don't think it is too late to implement a Line-of-Sight kind of protection of shooters. The following is what I would like to see happen. Any stack blocking the Line-of-Sight to the stack targeted for ranged attack would take part of the damage as follows - defender and target stacks are of equal ...
by Thanquol
12 Jun 2006, 22:23
Topic: First Aid Tent "Waiting"
Replies: 31
Views: 9357

I could just as well have given it 10. I just picked a number that would be virtually inifinite. And gremlins can do the same thing with golems anyway... Golems can't resurrect Gremlins though ;) 10 shots seems like a more reasonable upgrade - until we find a way to make the shots scaleable with th...
by Thanquol
12 Jun 2006, 13:13
Topic: Modding FAQ
Replies: 22
Views: 14438

1) Is it possible to change what abilities are given to the various creatures/heroes - and if so then what file(s) are involved? Not really. Some are- check data.pak/GameMechanics/Creature/Creatures. Been there, done that. As far as I can see then that only allows to add/change spell like abilities...
by Thanquol
12 Jun 2006, 12:48
Topic: Modding FAQ
Replies: 22
Views: 14438

A few Questions: 1) Is it possible to change what abilities are given to the various creatures/heroes - and if so then what file(s) are involved? 2) Is it possible to make/add new skills/abilities and/or modify existing ones - and if so then which file(s) are involved? 3) Would it be possible to exp...
by Thanquol
12 Jun 2006, 12:14

Maybe some brilliant modder will figure out a way to change/implement stuff like that - if Nival can't be bothered ;)
by Thanquol
12 Jun 2006, 11:42

Currently a First Aid Tent heals 3x10HP both with and without Basic War Machines (3x50HP with Adv.WM and 3x100HP with Exp.WM) - and First Aid skill only allows manual control over when and what mobs to heal. Imo the First Aid Tent should be affected by the War Machine skills as follows: Basic WM - 4...
by Thanquol
08 Jun 2006, 19:56
Topic: What are the bonus maps?
Replies: 40
Views: 9746

I recon Diplomat, Dragon Knight and Refugee would be the LE bonus maps - since I don't have those. :(
by Thanquol
28 May 2006, 03:16
Forum: Articles
Topic: Spin the Skill Wheel
Replies: 363
Views: 120738

Skill Wheel

The Leadership skills are currently incorrectly named as Enlightenment.

Go to advanced search