Search found 407 matches

by Wolfshanze
16 Jul 2006, 04:29
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: List the Underpowered tier 7 Units!!!
Replies: 85
Views: 22414

I can only think of six races that have underpowered level-7 units in HOMM5.
by Wolfshanze
16 Jul 2006, 04:28
Topic: Garden of the Wee Folk
Replies: 8
Views: 3586

I'd rather get the Gems... Gems are a lot harder to come by then gold.
by Wolfshanze
16 Jul 2006, 04:25
Topic: Sylvan siege question
Replies: 18
Views: 5522

Age of Wonders AND HOMM4 allowed you to smash the gate. No other Heroes game allowed gate smashing. You can often "force" the gate by tricking the computer to attack a tempting target that you put on the other side of the gate... he'll open the door to attack a "favorite" target ...
by Wolfshanze
18 Jun 2006, 14:26
Topic: H3/H5 game mechanic differences
Replies: 29
Views: 7788

One more big change is in leveling up.Now,its almost imposible to gain levels after 25 the regular way since you need hell of a lot of XP for that. I agree... getting levels past 25 is insanely difficult... some folks say it doesn't get bad till 30, but this has NOT been my experience... it takes m...
by Wolfshanze
18 Jun 2006, 14:22
Topic: Loosing troops (without fighting) - known feature or bug?
Replies: 11
Views: 4826

Correction: they won't defect from anyone but agrael. Even other demon lords can lead them without problems. Not exactly true... a differant Demon Lord can lead them without defection, but he'll incur a significant morale penalty. Only "light-aligned" heroes like a Ranger can lead without...
by Wolfshanze
18 Jun 2006, 14:17
Topic: Do someone have the save game: "The Warlock" Missi
Replies: 1
Views: 1662

You only need the "Campaign.sav" file, not a saved game to get where you want to be.

You can PM me with an e-mail address if you want and I'll send you my campaign.sav file. I've completed every campaign through warlock (unlocked to start of Sylvan campaign).
by Wolfshanze
14 Jun 2006, 23:05
Topic: The hero screen - moddable?
Replies: 23
Views: 6934

Just because noise is made doesn't mean Nival does it... in-fact, I'm pretty sure noise was already made on this very issue during the beta and it was ignored, so why would they change their mind now? I don't see Nival doing this at all, no matter how nice it would be, and how much the community ask...
by Wolfshanze
14 Jun 2006, 03:42

yes, paper doll would be great, but why try to spend so much time and work on a hard mod like that when its likely to come along with an expansion or maybe even a late patch? Who said it's "likely" to come along with a patch or expansion? I've never once heard that, especially from Nival....
by Wolfshanze
14 Jun 2006, 00:40

It would probably either be nearly impossible, or require a LOT of work to redo the hero screen... BUT if it could/can be done, I'd love to see a return of the Paper Doll screen (with or without Misc).

I really miss the Paper Doll hero screen.
by Wolfshanze
14 Jun 2006, 00:38
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Unicorn evolution
Replies: 91
Views: 46443

HOMM 2 Unicorn (Why do i feel that he will win?):
I don't know... why did you think that? It's near the bottom in the polling. Anyways, I like the HOMM3 War Unicorn, though the HOMM5 Unis are good looking too.
by Wolfshanze
11 Jun 2006, 20:11
Topic: Castle moat effects - what are they?
Replies: 25
Views: 9399

Really?When?I made a stupid mistake of entering the moat with 30 something unicorns in the c2m3.I ended that fight with 4 of them(it got attack only by two arrows from the towers,and everything else was the moat). From what I noticed trying to move through any of the moats is murder. It's not the e...
by Wolfshanze
11 Jun 2006, 07:15
Topic: Castle moat effects - what are they?
Replies: 25
Views: 9399

That Elf's Entangle Moat seems too powerful... basically speaking, the moat itself is in impenitrible wall because if you touch it, you're stuck, right? No way of getting through it? Why even bother having walls then if you've got the moat? The only way in is through the gate because the moat cannot...
by Wolfshanze
11 Jun 2006, 01:39
Topic: What are your Map Editor plans?
Replies: 30
Views: 9718

Well, I guess we don't have any prospective map makers floating around today!?!? ;|
by Wolfshanze
10 Jun 2006, 19:55
Topic: What are your Map Editor plans?
Replies: 30
Views: 9718

What are your Map Editor plans?

Just curious for the map designers and map wishers out there. Once the map editor comes out, what kind of maps/plans/dreams will we be seeing or wanting to see? I used to do a bit of Heroes Map design "back-in-the-day"... I might get back into it with Heroes V... who knows. I made a pretty...
by Wolfshanze
09 Jun 2006, 17:45
Topic: Which faction will you use for the smallest maps?
Views: 7984

Dungeon, because destructive magic is probably the best choice when you start to fight against the enemy quickly. No, Dungeon costs too much to upgrade... you need time to accumulate wealth to accumulate an army. Dungeon is no good for a small map. Necro (my personal favorite) is no good for a smal...
by Wolfshanze
09 Jun 2006, 17:41
Topic: What should an expainsion inclued???
Replies: 87
Views: 21776

Re: What should an expainsion inclued???

And If you use Frost Giant as a upgr, don't use Hill Giant as the base, just use Giant, or Ice Giant. Hill goes with Mountain. We've seen far-less related upgrades in towns before (even sex-changing upgrades). There's nothing wrong with Hill Giant to Frost Giant... at least I've heard of both... wh...
by Wolfshanze
09 Jun 2006, 13:28
Topic: What should an expainsion inclued???
Replies: 87
Views: 21776

I'd also like to see a better interface for hero skills and abilities. it should be possible to see where a skill path will take me and what is required of me to reach a specific skill. right now it's pretty much impossible to know how to reach special or ultimate skills without using an external s...
by Wolfshanze
08 Jun 2006, 22:05
Topic: Tree of Knowledge... how common is it?
Replies: 17
Views: 5622

There's at least TWO scenarios with the Tree of Knowledge south of Lorekeep in the Necromancer campaign. DL said there were more in the Inferno campaign. As for how to spot them... as everyone says, they're nearly impossible to spot from above... oddly the only camera angle that is really playable. ...
by Wolfshanze
08 Jun 2006, 18:30
Topic: Tree of Knowledge... how common is it?
Replies: 17
Views: 5622

Well I definately didn't see ANY until the Necro campaign... so I missed out on some easy upgrades!

Someone should post a FAQ where to find these things... they are just too hard to find!
by Wolfshanze
08 Jun 2006, 18:23
Topic: No normal difficulty post-patch?
Replies: 15
Views: 5769

Well, for the record, I have the US Limited Edition. I had my game set to "Normal" difficulty. Downloaded and installed the US v1.1 patch. Next time I started the game did default to "EASY", but was easily changed to "NORMAL" (which was an option in my game). Not sure a...

Go to advanced search