Search found 1060 matches

by Sir_Toejam
30 Aug 2013, 05:22
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: H6 Patch 2.1 Bugs
Replies: 52
Views: 51606

there is a dll that comes with Nvidia drivers that causes problems with this game. It's called a 'wrapper' because of the kind of functions it handles, but for the life of me, I can't recall the specific name of the file now. I know I have seen threads talking about how to remove it (99% of programs...
by Sir_Toejam
30 Aug 2013, 03:55
Forum: Articles
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Dark with Excessive Bright
Replies: 8
Views: 10622

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Dark with Excessive Bright

FWIW, if you follow the storyline properly, THIS should actually be mission 1, and the tears path mission 2, otherwise a lot of the story makes no sense whatsoever. the walkthroughs should reflect this. Play the blood mission FIRST, if you want to know why Cate is dead at the end of the tears missio...
by Sir_Toejam
30 Aug 2013, 03:46
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Dark with Excessive Bright
Replies: 8
Views: 10622

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Dark with Excessive Bright

sounds like a good mission for armageddon Kiril (or the custom version: Ignus, in my case), with no other inferno to face. burn baby, burn. AGAIN, as with the tears mission, there are NO HEROES for hire in this mission. time to update the walkthrough. Yup, the combination of Ignus with the full magi...
by Sir_Toejam
30 Aug 2013, 02:52
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Epilogue - Tears such as Angels W
Replies: 17
Views: 14106

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Epilogue - Tears such as Angels W

zayeban's strategy works perfectly. to speed it up, put your kirin in the corner and cast acid cloud in front of it. just don't kill the last minion before michael, and you'll easily get the achievement as well. reward for completion of this entire mission.... 50K experience points. uh.... thanks? r...
by Sir_Toejam
30 Aug 2013, 01:30

yeah, here's what has changed: -money is much less of a problem, resources are sufficient if not abundant. I'd recommend taking the elite growth dynasty trait, the movement trait, and the merchant trait (most important). -DO NOT take "free first hero", as there are NO heroes for hire in th...
by Sir_Toejam
29 Aug 2013, 10:32

yeah, this walkthrough, other than the map itself, is pretty much out of date. the stacks you have to fight for F and G are actually HARD. no pushovers at all. took three tries to take g without LOSING outright! not just down a few troops, mind. time for Maltz to replay this one :) edit: FWIW, I pro...
by Sir_Toejam
29 Aug 2013, 03:51

@ellie:

"Kiril got wiped out though."

you must have gone might Kiril. yeah, not a good choice for this map. primary magic user is best for this one. too bad I can't play my blood magic kiril here... 5k armagedon FTW!
by Sir_Toejam
29 Aug 2013, 02:31

" Budget will be tight in this mission, so don't get any growth bonuses. " actually, early budget is quite surplus thanks to all the stacks of gold and chests. you should be able to conver and build at least one elite building before the eo first week. if you pick the elite bonsus dynasty ...
by Sir_Toejam
28 Aug 2013, 12:04
Topic: Help me fill up the last few point on my inferno hero?
Replies: 19
Views: 15561

Ok, here's a tip on ravagers: advanced tactics, reinforcement, and use the sword of the pirate king (from crag hack's dlc campaign) boarding makes these guys the bomb for an opening salvo, seriously. unlike panther warriors, ravagers damage things ON a line, not at the end of their run; they actuall...
by Sir_Toejam
28 Aug 2013, 11:48
Topic: Feel Unimaginably Sad: Heroes VI versus Starcraft 2
Replies: 23
Views: 21432

Agreeing with wimfrits here. If you dislike H6 and / or Ubisoft, why don't you just stop playing it / don't buy Ubisoft games and be done with it? Instead of complaining and criticizing etc ... if you have no time to play many games, you could put the time that you spent composing that post into pl...
by Sir_Toejam
28 Aug 2013, 11:41
Topic: Who should own the franchise?
Replies: 14
Views: 14467

HOMM should end up being open license, and independent devs can try to develop for it with kickstarter projects. that way, the FANS get to vote on the best projects directly with their own money. leaving it in the hands of ANY modern publisher is doom. they all suck now. all of them. it's not just t...
by Sir_Toejam
28 Aug 2013, 11:35
Topic: Playing HOMM6 for 3 days - some observations
Replies: 1
Views: 4440

you can rotate the screen, actually. delete and pagedown work, and home and end reset those respectively during combat. they reset automatically on the overland map. zoom in using your mouse wheel. the half-screen animation is not the games fault, it was a bug in a patch from microsoft that came out...
by Sir_Toejam
28 Aug 2013, 11:15
Topic: Is development for HoMM 6 finished?
Replies: 22
Views: 20046

Re: good riddance!

for all my rants, I did hope they would sack somebody or decide to change their approach. There's good news there ... as you know, Ubi were far from happy with the quality of the work done by Black Hole Entertainment and they were indeed dismissed from the project. We also know that the producers h...
by Sir_Toejam
28 Aug 2013, 11:11
Topic: Stronghold: How Do I put Creatures in the Town Towers....
Replies: 3
Views: 6410

fwiw, it still works ok for shooters that can move and shoot, like marauders or breeder mothers. you can walk into the tower, and still shoot on the same turn.

but yeah, other than that you lose your turn.
by Sir_Toejam
28 Aug 2013, 11:07
Topic: H6 Patch 2.1 Bugs
Replies: 52
Views: 51606

I'm assuming the "black screen" is the instance where the screen goes dark but the music keeps running and you can move the "gauntlet" mouse cursor: I got this in the Necromancer campaign (original game) right after I captured my first town. I went to the town screen and clicked...
by Sir_Toejam
27 Aug 2013, 08:29
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Inferno - The Marriage of Heaven
Replies: 9
Views: 8522

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Inferno - The Marriage of Heaven

"After taking Town E, the familiar Purple hero awaits you at (3) (the picture on the left is the army he carries on hard). He is probably too powerful for you now, but don't worry - he does not move at all." it was a bug. they fixed it. he now immediately tries to retake the city, with dec...
by Sir_Toejam
27 Aug 2013, 01:15
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Inferno - In the Forests of the N
Views: 8284

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Inferno - In the Forests of the N

by the way...

anyone ever figure out what's up with the riddling signposts? looks like just a fun side thing, as there does not appear to be any way to answer them.
by Sir_Toejam
26 Aug 2013, 10:09

by the way...

anyone ever figure out what's up with the riddling signposts? looks like just a fun side thing, as there does not appear to be any way to answer them.
by Sir_Toejam
26 Aug 2013, 02:13

for those going the blood magic route: by this time, your primary hero should have Armageddon, which can be used here to great effect early on, especially with the staff of Urgash in hand (make sure to UNEQUIP it after use, before saving, and before you end a turn, or you will get bugged, badly). al...
by Sir_Toejam
26 Aug 2013, 01:32
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Inferno - Angel, Angel, Burning B
Replies: 15
Views: 11298

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Inferno - Angel, Angel, Burning B

There is also a unique building in towns, Heart of Urgash, that increases the Gating meter. actually, as of some patch previous to 2.1.1, the heart increases the stack size you get when you gate, instead of increasing the bar itself. Dynasty trait "fanatic" or the pendant of mastery are th...

Go to advanced search