Search found 63 matches

by MER
06 Feb 2009, 18:24
Forum: News
Topic: Good Bye Nival?
Replies: 192
Views: 50954

Good Bye Nival?

@Ppl saying H5 is better than H3 because its more popular: It is more popular at the moment because it's new, every new game in the beginning has popularity. The question is, will it be still popular in 9 years as H3 is now. If yes, then OK, H5 is at least as good as H3. But i highly doubt that will...
by MER
28 Jan 2009, 12:42
Topic: Good Bye Nival?
Replies: 192
Views: 50954

Good Bye Nival?

Hmm, and which would be this Hungarian developer, any ideas? I dont know any popular game company from Hungary. 1C/Katauri are from Russia (would be the best choice IMO) and GSC are from Ukraine afaik.
Edited on Wed, Jan 28 2009, 07:45 by MER
by MER
02 Nov 2008, 23:15
Topic: King´s Bounty: The Legend Patch
Replies: 22
Views: 6397

King´s Bounty: The Legend Patch

This game is GREAT. It keeps the spirit of the old KB/M&M and in the same time is very fresh and innovative in many ways. I just wish Katauri made the HOMM series too :(. The only drawback of the game is that since it's a single-player rpg it doesn't have much of a replayability, so however grea...
by MER
26 Oct 2008, 14:44
Topic: UbiSoft is Making Money
Replies: 104
Views: 25517

UbiSoft is Making Money

I hope H6 wont be rushed in 2009 or 2010. they have to sit and think about what they did wrong and take their time to actually make a decent game this time.
by MER
06 May 2008, 15:37
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: King´s Bounty: The Legend Map
Replies: 47
Views: 20113

King´s Bounty: The Legend Map

Just two more things that make H3 very appealing and so long-lasting: -Good random map generator. -HUGE maps (unlike H5). In H5 i never play more than 4 AIs, it gets very crowded otherwise, and I rarely get to get my hero's skills to max for the same reason. In fact if H5 had maps as huge as H3 (and...
by MER
09 Apr 2008, 21:03
Topic: Ken Levine Loves Heroes II
Replies: 28
Views: 10323

Ken Levine Loves Heroes II

Woot, 2 of my favourite games on the list: Heroes and Civ. If StarCraft was there too this man would be my idol, lol.

The journalists screwed again - they put a H4 picture instead of H2 :D.
by MER
27 Feb 2008, 18:16
Forum: Campfire
Topic: STOP IT: EA wants to acquire TakeTwo :(
Replies: 36
Views: 9566

It's far more likely in this situation that Take Two is motivated by profit, just like most businesses. Having EA buy your company is about as much profit as you could ever hope to receive. Good job guys, you've earned it. The problem is great titles die away this way :S . Gaming is not only an ind...
by MER
27 Feb 2008, 11:54
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Disciples 3
Replies: 414
Views: 149269

I like the style but why are all screenshots so so dark and foggy. They could've made it a little brighter
by MER
27 Feb 2008, 10:23
Forum: Campfire
Topic: STOP IT: EA wants to acquire TakeTwo :(
Replies: 36
Views: 9566

STOP IT: EA wants to acquire TakeTwo :(

EA have stated their intentions to buy TakeTwo . If this should happen the gaming world will be one step closer to losing creativity and quality games. EA kills all genuine ideas in all it acquires. The only thing they care about is quick games that sale quick and on a regular basis and not quality/...
by MER
07 Feb 2008, 20:42
Topic: Elements Meet Frag Dolls, the First Review
Replies: 9
Views: 6027

Elements Meet Frag Dolls, the First Review

who are those, never heard of them?!? some new pop band or smth?

EDIT: OMG, just googled it. This is so lame, another black point for Ubisoft o_O
Edited on Thu, Feb 07 2008, 15:45 by MER
by MER
04 Feb 2008, 13:28
Topic: Heroes 4 World Championship 2008
Replies: 10
Views: 3342

Heroes 4 World Championship 2008

Will there be some sort of replays? Dunno how it can be done, maybe VODs...

It'll be cool if we can watch some progamers in action :P . Besides, it'll increase the popularity of the event since ppl can revisit it even after it's finished.
by MER
29 Jan 2008, 09:31
Topic: Walords to Hit the Web Too
Replies: 22
Views: 7249

Warlords to Hit the Web Too

I don't think that browser games will replace desktop games. Just like web applications won't replace desktop ones. A web application just lacks the content/diversity/flexibility. If a time comes when we can play RTS or FPS with a browser, well then maybe :). But I'll be OK with browser games then :...
by MER
24 Jan 2008, 16:15
Topic: Disciples 3 Almost Complete?
Views: 12943

Disciples 3 Almost Complete?

I agree with Muszka and Moragauth. Less content doesn't mean worse quality, especially when talking about strategies. As a matter of fact the most successful and time-lasting games aren't the ones with much content in them but these that are carefully done to allow deep thinking and tactics/strategi...
by MER
24 Jan 2008, 07:35
Topic: Disciples 3 Almost Complete?
Views: 12943

Disciples 3 Almost Complete?

Less races means more easy to make them unique and means more easy to balance them, so higher chances of better gameplay IMO.
by MER
14 Jan 2008, 15:15
Topic: Fabrice Cambounet Q&A
Replies: 91
Views: 22383

Fabrice Cambounet Q&A

It is sad that people here are fighting about something when the real people to blame sit in their companies' chairs, counting their profit and don't give a s**t about that. It is sad that we see the whole magic of the HOMM universe falling apart due to never ending screw-ups from its owners/develop...
by MER
03 Jan 2008, 17:32
Topic: HoMM Kingdoms Announced
Replies: 80
Views: 27272

HoMM Kingdoms Announced

Emm, besides Heroes I've only played M&M, I've only heard of the other titles. But it is disappointing how a game with so much potential and unique gameplay taken so poorly by its developers :(
by MER
03 Jan 2008, 17:14
Topic: HoMM Kingdoms Announced
Replies: 80
Views: 27272

HoMM Kingdoms Announced

those f*cking greedy Ubi son-of-a-b*tches. They take a good title, break it up and make whole lot of crap out of it. First a half-done H5, then selling the rights for a silly MMOG, and now a stupid browser game. Next they'll be making a Heroes Tetris. Instead of taking one title and polishing it to ...
by MER
30 Jun 2007, 13:47
Topic: Tribes Preview at GameDaily
Replies: 28
Views: 6747

Tribes Preview at GameDaily

So you're referring to Starcraft then :).

Well, SC is so good & polished that by the time it gets 999 expansions and parts like most other games my grandchildren will grow old.
by MER
17 May 2007, 14:55
Topic: Preview of the Sylvan Upgrades
Replies: 88
Views: 20679

Preview of the Sylvan Upgrades

They were always supposed to be alternate UPGRADES. Since when does a upgrade look different than the original unit ?

My bad, sry. I thought there would be different units like H4.
by MER
16 May 2007, 16:00
Topic: Preview of the Sylvan Upgrades
Replies: 88
Views: 20679

Preview of the Sylvan Upgrades

but they look absolutely the same :(. At least they could've thought of different units.

Go to advanced search