Search found 99 matches

by GrowlingDog
25 Jan 2008, 12:23
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Logistics?
Replies: 27
Views: 9671

Ok, well i think the TP in H3 was too powerful because you could town portal to all your towns in 1 day. I'd like to see TP in H5 available at 1st stage at lvl 12. Would allow you to TP to nearest town but you would lose all movement points. At lvl 18, 2nd stage, i think you should be able to TP to ...
by GrowlingDog
25 Jan 2008, 12:09
Topic: always 4 choices at lvl up?
Replies: 23
Views: 6817

Hmmm, ok maybe i should have started by asking if anyone has actually managed to get the Ultimate skill, you know the one in the middle of the skill wheel not the bonus thingy that the "pendant of mastery" gives. I have tried again and again to no avail. I'm starting to think they could pu...
by GrowlingDog
10 Jan 2008, 10:29
Topic: always 4 choices at lvl up?
Replies: 23
Views: 6817

always 4 choices at lvl up?

Does anyone know if there is a mod that always gives 4 choices to pick from at lvl up rather than so often, just 2? It is VERY annoying to be playing a game that is meant to let you build your character the way YOU want, only to be given 2 crap choices for your hero to lvl up to.
by GrowlingDog
08 Jan 2008, 13:17

Woops
by GrowlingDog
08 Jan 2008, 13:10

Yea im not saying i dont like the game (hell, wouldnt be here if i didnt), i just think the matter of movement and collecting troops could be done a better way, especially for the big maps. Maybe even get rid of "Instant travel" and replace it with 2 levels of town portal, or maybe "s...
by GrowlingDog
08 Jan 2008, 12:50

But if u dont play large maps how do u get to experience the higher levels. I like to get to the higher levels, even if i have never seemed to able to get the ultimate level (you know the one in the middle of the skill wheel). Ok, so lets keep the town portal spell as it is but maybe you could earn ...
by GrowlingDog
08 Jan 2008, 05:32

Logistics?

I have found unless i am playing a small or tiny map that logistics is essential. However, on large or xlarge maps, i do not think they go far enough. I think "Logistics" should take you far further on the big maps, especially if you have logistics on expert level. I mean does anyone play ...
by GrowlingDog
06 Jan 2008, 03:13
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: What makes a good map?
Replies: 51
Views: 12008

I agree with byte bandit. Never play multi-player, story isn't that important to me, map design is. If i'm saving a princess or avenging a king or whatever, i dont really care, if the map has no story but great layout, im happy. One of the best maps i played was back in H3 days, i didnt have any opp...
by GrowlingDog
05 Jan 2008, 07:01

"Four Kingdoms" hey? thankyou very much. As for random map gen, i think it needs more options but its pretty good i guess. "Mapmakers make maps they like. Those maps are played by people who have similiar tastes like the mapmaker. Forcing a mapmaker to do something he doesn't like is....
by GrowlingDog
04 Jan 2008, 04:32

ok so it looks like most people like the same time type of maps, now all we have to do is try and talk someone into making them. Oh and remember i like to choose my own faction and hero so please STOP with all the maps that have preset factions and heroes. I guess i should try and make my own :S. Af...
by GrowlingDog
03 Jan 2008, 14:07

Yes water is very good for resources but as you say, the AI players seem to get them before i do.
Also it would be good if if you could choose more options in the random map gen, like water, resources, artifacts and maybe even powerful foe seperation.
by GrowlingDog
03 Jan 2008, 09:17

What makes a good map?

Ok, after playing all of the Heroes games and the 3 versions of Heroes 5, i've played a lot of different maps from random to downloaded, i was just curious what everyone else likes in a good map. Thought i'd get the ball rolling with some of my own likes and dislikes; 1st, I like maps that are large...
by GrowlingDog
24 Dec 2007, 14:26
Topic: A Tear of Ossir
Replies: 5
Views: 4773

Ok, i just finished the map and after getting my 3rd video sequence at the sign near the crypt underground i dug around there and found it within a couple of days. however, i have heard that it is random and that it may be up near the 1st sign you encounter when you start the game. I am also not sur...
by GrowlingDog
01 Feb 2007, 11:11
Topic: Necromany changes in 2.1 (take a seat: you'll need it)
Replies: 81
Views: 48725

Oh yea ive seen them. I would have thought a Titan far more valuable. Still, i have yet to have a manticore in my army
by GrowlingDog
01 Feb 2007, 11:04
Topic: Best Dwarven Hero
Replies: 3
Views: 2176

Thank you so much, you are a diamond in the rough
by GrowlingDog
01 Feb 2007, 10:47
Topic: Necromany changes in 2.1 (take a seat: you'll need it)
Replies: 81
Views: 48725

great list Vokiel. Just 1 question. I havnt been playing HOF long and im guessing that the creature 3rd in line for the Ghost dragons is new, what is it?
by GrowlingDog
01 Feb 2007, 10:38

Anyone? please anyone, even bad advice. ok, scratch that, i want good advice but i really can't think of a tactful way to say NOW!!!!
See told you i couldn't, i must work on that.
by GrowlingDog
01 Feb 2007, 10:08

Best Dwarven Hero

hey guys, i've just started playing HOF and i was hoping for a little heads up on who you think is the best dwarven hero. If you have any advice on what buildings, units and spells should be given the highest priority that would be great too. Thanks, i hope :D
by GrowlingDog
26 Jan 2007, 08:06
Topic: Dwarven Strategy (work in progress)
Replies: 30
Views: 17794

Quick question, just started playing fortress today and i'm back to bein a newbie again, any ideas on what Dwarven heroes are best and at the end of the 1st week, what do you all think i should definatly have built. Thanks in advance
by GrowlingDog
17 Nov 2006, 08:28
Topic: Official - Hammers of Fate Has been Released
Replies: 66
Views: 17413

$30 doesn't even get me HJ at a run down whore house these days. I tell ya the world has gone crazy.

Go to advanced search