Search found 549 matches

by Slayer of Cliffracers
18 Jul 2016, 20:38
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Bug Reports after patch 1.8
Replies: 3
Views: 4178

Re: Bug Reports after patch 1.8

I have encountered a nasty bug with the third haven campaign by which upon defeating one of the heroes sent to deal with Konrad is defeated the game freezes and the AI turn never ends. The bug happens within the first week, there does not appear to be a definite date for it but I have not seen it ha...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
22 Apr 2014, 09:07
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: M&M Dark Messiah
Replies: 13
Views: 7616

The details of the plot are a little vague in my mind, but in any case it was a big drawback. It didn't make much sense for the fighter, who uses the rope bow many times to pull himself up, to be unable to use any of the countless (regular) bows he finds on his journey. And I guess it makes the gam...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
10 Apr 2014, 16:58

The XP system is actually quite detailed, you have to think carefully as to what kind of a character you want to develop in the long run because the abilities are part of a tree. Unless you're playing the Xbox version, like the OP. In that case you choose a character type and just go along with it....
by Slayer of Cliffracers
10 Apr 2014, 16:16
Forum: Articles
Topic: Hack & Slash → Black Sheep
Replies: 10
Views: 13063

I beat this mission with no particular difficulty once. Okay it did take me a few goes :devious: , the key is always that although the AI has superior resources it can be lured into fighting sieges and defeated with inferior forces and also it does not deploy it's forces very efficiently.
by Slayer of Cliffracers
10 Apr 2014, 15:29

You clearly misinterpret game , and look on it from wrong angle. It would be same as taking car and start to approach it's flaws from motorcycle point of view, naming flaws like being too wide or heavy, or having only one break pedal. DM is not RPG thus any analysis in this context is flawed. It's ...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
09 Apr 2014, 15:29

The thing is that it's an RPG but you really don't have any freedom, there is only one genuine choice you get to make in your life and it's at the end. Actually it's hardly an RPG. It's no more RPG than bioshock, which in my book is glorified shooter.Just because it have MM title doesnt make it RPG...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
08 Apr 2014, 19:57

Re: M&M Dark Messiah

Anybody remember the M&M game for the 360? No? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nhGKmsKSno It's quite an anti-climax to the Heroes V series plotline. The thing is that it's an RPG but you really don't have any freedom, there is only one genuine choice you get to make in your life and it's at th...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
19 Sep 2013, 18:47
Topic: [Lore] Plot-convenient deaths?
Replies: 14
Views: 9703

Actually in D&D as well you cant cheat natural death by resurrection spells(although i think there was ways to cheat death given the time and resources), but generally resurrection is just for player convenience(as any party RPG would be frustrating without such or similar mechanics) and it is ...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
15 Sep 2013, 15:04
Topic: [Lore] Plot-convenient deaths?
Views: 9703

Re: [Lore] Plot-convenient deaths?

How is it so that some people die permanently (most plot-relevant characters in HoMM3 for instance), yet others simply get raised? Magic on Enroth is so advanced that it can easily revive people both "fully" or as zombies, as well as animate slain undead. Best of clerics can even bring pe...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
15 Mar 2013, 13:23
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: stuck on both neco and have mission 4
Replies: 8
Views: 6052

Assemble all your forces to one side. Crush that side and then use town portals between your main city and the conquered city to deal with the other side.

Town portals make this kind of strategic stuff a no-brainer. That's why I hope they won't be in Heroes VIII.
by Slayer of Cliffracers
06 Mar 2013, 19:38
Topic: Chronological order of missions? (spoilers)
Replies: 39
Views: 33282

There is a small inconsistency in Necropolis 4. Canonically, Anastasya meets Anton soon after he takes back Falcon's Reach, after she defeated Uriel. Uriel dies at the beginning of Haven 4 (ie before the mission starts). There is no inconsistancy. Anastasya kills Uriel inside his own head. He comes...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
21 Feb 2013, 12:19
Topic: Sarah Kiril and the Moon
Views: 12066

Well, they did. Sarah caused it when she got stabbed by Kha-Beleth between Inferno 1 and 2. Then some weird magic happened and it turned Sarah into a burning angel and fast-forwarded the eclipse, which seems to have been the angels' plan all along. Sarah needed Kiril's help to get to Sheogh for som...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
12 Feb 2013, 13:40

https://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12597 But that isn't my problem, I've already drawn up by own chronology list for the whole campaign. The problem is where is the bit about where Kiril and Sarah causing the eclipse to happen referenced during the Inferno Campaign. Sarah and K...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
10 Feb 2013, 22:19

Mirez wrote:The correct order of the campaigns.

Stronghold 1
Sanctuary 1, Haven 1
Inferno 1, Necropolis 1, Stronghold 2, sanctuary 2
Sanctuary 3, haven 2
Stronhold 3, Necropolis 2
Necropolis 3, Inferno 2
Inferno 3, Sanctuary 4
Sourced from where? And I don't see how this is relavant.
by Slayer of Cliffracers
07 Feb 2013, 18:05

Avonu wrote: There is - just play campaign and you see why he agreed to go with Sarah.

Moon eclipse begins: after Haven 2 mission, at the end of Stronghold 3, after Sanctuary 3, at the end of Necropolis 2 and after Inferno 1.
You don't get told why. Honestly.
by Slayer of Cliffracers
29 Jan 2013, 21:15
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 3 - New to series, looking for beginner tips
Replies: 20
Views: 36578

I will probably go against the previous advices (they are correct but...): If you play vs computer only and map is enough big and you are not experienced player: go for capitol first. Novice players often listen to advanced players ideas but they don't know how to deal with minimal armies fights, t...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
29 Jan 2013, 16:14
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 3 - New to series, looking for beginner tips
Replies: 20
Views: 36578

Always combine armies unless you have no other choice, make a super-hero that can kill everything with a huge army. Generally have one backup hero per city solely to move troops around and claim buildings. Invest in Logistics so the main hero can be wherever he needs to be quickly. Don't fight neutr...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
29 Jan 2013, 15:47

That was a story badly told with half of it missing. The short version of the story is that Sarah went to heal Urgash from his agony which made him strong enough to fast-forward to eclipse(my common sense is tingling) for which he graciously impaled her with his claws. One of them stayed in her tha...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
28 Jan 2013, 20:32

Sarah Kiril and the Moon

I've noticed an a contradiction within the Main Heroes VI campaign. During one of the Heroes VI Haven campaign's, I think it must have been the 3rd or the 4th one, Michael mentions about how the Blood Moon eclipse was Kiril and Sarah's doing, that it was speeded up so that it would happen before the...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
02 Jan 2013, 20:56
Topic: Map of World of Enroth (or C.O.L.O.N.Y.)
Replies: 218
Views: 140581

That 21 day travel time is very likely due to factors other than distance (i.e. safety issues from Sea Monsters). A somewhat more reliable indicator is land travel time. However, even that should be taken with a grain of salt. MM7's world is smaller largely because of practical issues (i.e. the wor...

Go to advanced search