Search found 236 matches

by Bonzer
19 Jul 2015, 19:37
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Something has changed my creature stats
Replies: 1
Views: 2955

Hi Ed, The most likely reason is that you have downloaded a modded map into your "maps" folder which has these (and maybe other) mods in it. Sometimes mods in fan made maps "cross over" into maps that weren't designed for them. I solve this by creating a new folder in the same tr...
by Bonzer
16 Jul 2013, 16:49
Topic: Absurd AI turn lenght
Replies: 21
Views: 26773

It is logical that sometimes when we see a enemy Hero move away and leave something behind, that it could be that another enemy is getting close to his town and then town-defense overrides all choices and becomes the most important, just like it would be for us. i.e. The Tome would not be worth muc...
by Bonzer
08 Jul 2013, 13:51
Topic: Skills and Magic, or just numbers?
Replies: 24
Views: 16766

What I don't understand is why I have to kill 900 extra dwarves when I siege their castle. :mad: ... Hi Mr.Hack Actually you don't have to kill 900 extra dwarves. That's what Frenzy / Puppet master is for :devious: As for finding the Academy artefacts too expensive, I only go for them when I have t...
by Bonzer
26 Jun 2013, 17:29
Topic: Buglist
Replies: 142
Views: 260638

Black Dragons aren't immune to magic! I had a whack of enemies, with no friendly units other than my blackies anywhere near them, and set off Chain Lightning expecting it to ignore the dragons as it would have in HoMM3, but it zapped them just fine. Killed a couple, too 8| . This took place in 1.6,...
by Bonzer
26 Jun 2013, 17:22
Topic: Well....Should I?
Replies: 9
Views: 6921

Well thanks guys for the replies. I suspected as much which is why for the first time I asked here whether to get a HoMM game or not. Such a shame because it does promise so much and looks good. Almost too good to be true, which usually means.... Jeff - There are quite few H6 scenario maps at Maps4H...
by Bonzer
26 Jun 2013, 17:13
Topic: Behind DarkWorld
Replies: 5
Views: 6121

Hi Markkur, Thanks for the offer of a 2 player map for hot seat, but no. I have tried it once with my son on a tiny map, and even then it just takes too many years (real time) if we meet for couple of hours a week. My first experience in turn based strategy like this was a game called Laser Squad (m...
by Bonzer
25 Jun 2013, 20:57
Topic: Well....Should I?
Replies: 9
Views: 6921

Well....Should I?

Hi All, New to H6 forum, (lurked a lot though), but played a LOT of H2 - H5. Question is should I get H6? I probably have more limted and specific requirements from HoMM than most so if I explain them here, I would welcome any opinions on whether to get the H6 Complete hard copy (not steam). 1)I pla...
by Bonzer
25 Jun 2013, 20:41
Topic: Behind DarkWorld
Replies: 5
Views: 6121

Hey Markkur, We have clicked here once or twice before, and thanks again for the help with my friend on finding the maps folder on Win7. Anyway, I can confirm that DarkWorld runs ok using the original AI, and on version 3.0. I find it quite challenging enough thank you, playing on Normal difficulty ...
by Bonzer
31 May 2013, 08:30
Topic: Rotating camera map
Replies: 3
Views: 8432

Hi Bartch, Once the game is open you can get to Options - Video and Audio - Camera Mode Then have three choices, Normal, Vertical fixed, or Classic HoMM view. Normal is the one you should have selected. I sometimes switch this to vertical fixed when trying pin down the exact location of the Tears, s...
by Bonzer
02 Dec 2012, 08:48
Topic: Help Reqd with Win7 finding Custom Maps
Replies: 4
Views: 3761

Thanks again Markkur, though no nearer as yet. My shy retiring friend now has a profile here, so may join in here or pm you.

Bonzer
by Bonzer
01 Dec 2012, 09:01

Hi Markkur Thanks for the quick response. I will pass this on, though not having Win7 myself I wouldn't know how you install under x86 or how to turn down user account control settings. Easy when you know, but when you don't...? I will try to encourage him to open an account here, look out for a pm ...
by Bonzer
30 Nov 2012, 13:40

Help Reqd with Win7 finding Custom Maps

Hi everyone, I have a good friend who has H5 running well on Win7, except he is unable to locate any maps downloaded and unzipped to his Maps folder. We have gone down the route of opening the editor, create and save a map (which creates the correct MAPS folder) and dragging unzipped custom maps to ...
by Bonzer
08 Aug 2012, 20:25
Topic: Anyone still enjoying the world of H5?
Replies: 24
Views: 14813

Hi Markkur (and others still into H5). Count me in to the merry band, we happy few, we band of brothers.... I have been with H5 since it first came out, through Hof and now ToE. I thouroughly enjoy my free time being a xenophobe and beating the world having started with (usually) nothing. I tend to ...
by Bonzer
30 Jul 2011, 10:05
Topic: Am I missing something here?
Replies: 2
Views: 2073

Hi DayTripper, I can tell you what this is. You have probably downloaded some fan made maps and left them in your "Maps" folder with all the others. "Of course", you say, "what else would you do?" (If you are young enough you'd probably add, "like.....Duuh!")....
by Bonzer
12 Nov 2010, 10:46
Topic: Hero movement path
Views: 2172

Hi Variol, AFAIK there is no ingame function to enable a change of the forward trail colour, however I have four suggestions... 1) Use the zoom function when viewing is difficult and important, on my set up that is by using the mousewheel. 2) Wait until you have a strong army / hero, that should lea...
by Bonzer
01 Jul 2010, 15:47
Topic: Ruins in the Desert Help
Views: 2501

cj, I may be wrong, it's been a while, but I think you have to "Instant travel" into the statue to get the moonblade. If there is no open path into the space adjacent to the moonblade then mousing over the statue won't show anything. If you have a savegame near there (and if you have I.T.)...
by Bonzer
04 May 2010, 10:14
Topic: Help with Downloading maps plz
Replies: 6
Views: 4594

Additions to the above....

Twighlight world.
The Abysmal.

It may be an idea to start a new sticky with Modded maps so those who don't check the docs will know. Perhaps if some more modded maps are listed here?

Bonzer
by Bonzer
03 May 2010, 19:11

Jay... I don't know which map you were referring to as I may not have played those races, but I do know the following maps include mods which affect existing creatures stats, include new creatures, or have different hero avatars: Genesis Genesis Darkrealm City of Gold Generations of War Unearthing F...
by Bonzer
02 Apr 2010, 17:15

I believe the answert to this is as follows: The first time you open the map editor it creates a folder called "maps". This is the one to move your downloaded and unpacked maps to. Just creating your own "maps" folder won't work, even if it is in the right place. It has to be cre...
by Bonzer
23 Mar 2010, 11:24
Topic: Astrologers Tower
Views: 2844

Thanks for that Para, After posting I had a chance to change the week from imp to Witch (as I was playing Dungeon) and the "creatures available" tally in the recruitment screen showed there were more available than usual due to the "moon week". So it looks like if you change the ...

Go to advanced search