Search found 98 matches

by stijn
28 Jul 2007, 20:39
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: H2: differences between vs AI and vs Human
Replies: 3
Views: 2340

H2: differences between vs AI and vs Human

i've recently started playing heroes II again, just finished broken alliance on expert without much problems. i think the impossible difficulty won't be much of a problem either (it wasn't befor). but i'm going to play a few hotseat games this summer, what do i need to change in playstyle? versus th...
by stijn
14 Sep 2006, 20:32
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Patch 1.3 is out...
Replies: 61
Views: 23027

each use of the Raise Dead spell now makes a 20% decrease of the target unit’s maximal HP till the end of the combat
doesn't this make following raise dead spells even more powerfull?
by stijn
10 Sep 2006, 21:49
Forum: Articles
Topic: All the Walkthroughs Are Done!
Replies: 33
Views: 18936

is it possible to post a link to this page https://www.celestialheavens.com/119 somewhere? that'd save some time
by stijn
10 Sep 2006, 17:23
Topic: Academy build-up
Replies: 20
Views: 6152

warlords (or what's that 8 player ffa map called, where everyone is with one other player on a quarter of the map. crossings?) is an excellent map for playing academy since there are so many mines, and you can usually capture the other player on your island within the first 2 weeks making sure you h...
by stijn
10 Sep 2006, 17:19
Topic: Necro Campaign - anyone completed it on Heroic?
Replies: 17
Views: 4836

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Romanov77 wrote: Now I can cast raise dead 7 times in single battle...pretty good.
With mark of the necromancer,you can do it infinite times.Its the best skill necro has.
i didn't take dark magic, and never had any problems with mana since i went for enlightenment (intelligence) and sorcery (mana regen)
by stijn
10 Sep 2006, 12:26

visit all stat boosting places on all maps, this is really important in all campaign missions. fi there's a knowledge booster on the first map making it impossible to get to the second map with a knowledge of 1
by stijn
08 Sep 2006, 20:36

i didn't have any problems on map 2. i went for summoning magic, logistics, enlightenment and sorcery. i first went to the right part, collecting the wights if i remember it right. playing with 1.2 on herioc. just don't go near the shores too early, since that seems to make orange come to the island...
by stijn
07 Sep 2006, 22:34
Topic: Questions from a HOMMV beginner...
Replies: 32
Views: 8305

1) you gotta check the box "show multiplayer maps" or smth like that for normal FFA maps. 2) i only got one dvd 3) recruiting creatures isn't done by clicking on the respective buildings like in homm3 (well it's possible, but not all that easy) you can just click on one of the thingy's on ...
by stijn
07 Sep 2006, 20:34
Topic: Positive and Patient
Replies: 91
Views: 21140

No,making the game as close to real life is not the priority,but it sure is something worth pursuing.And as I said,stacks are just a model.And that every stack ocupies the same amout of space is a problem of that model.Not the only problem that is.But it can be fixed.Maybe not now,maybe not in 10 y...
by stijn
04 Sep 2006, 18:53
Topic: Conjure Pheonix is simply ridiculous
Replies: 63
Views: 13962

it's especially powerfull in a campaign, cause in normal maps, once you can summon a tough phoenix, you'll usually have lots of other troops. but i'm playing the campaign with markal now, and in the last mission, you start with just a few troops, but i can beat anything by just summoning a 1500hp ph...
by stijn
04 Sep 2006, 09:51
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes V: Hammers of Fate
Replies: 77
Views: 21780

(question is: what was a priority for ubi?)
making money?

weird they are working on a add on, while the game itself still has lots of bugs that need to be fixed in a patch asap imho
by stijn
03 Sep 2006, 22:40
Topic: New spells
Replies: 16
Views: 5777

combat precision (increases archer attack) counterstrike shield (reduces damage by 15-30%) quicksand force field sorrow (lowers morale) misfortune (lowers luck) fire shield (a real one, like the efreets in h3) slayer (if the tier 7 should get more powerfull, else it isn't usefull) mirth (increases ...
by stijn
21 Aug 2006, 16:47
Topic: Visuals
Replies: 18
Views: 4440

1) the more creatures the more coloured smoke

2) what map and where?
by stijn
21 Aug 2006, 13:04
Topic: Gold/Resource cheat
Replies: 6
Views: 3247

when i play on hard/herioc, i usually stop playing after about 7 weeks. the ai only gives trouble during the first 5/6 weeks, if you manage to survive those weeks, you've practically won, so there's little point in playing any further imho
by stijn
18 Aug 2006, 14:02
Topic: Fall of the King
Replies: 7
Views: 3317

o ok. thnx for saving me a whole lot of time :D
by stijn
18 Aug 2006, 09:55

why not? afaik there isn't any time limit, and you could take all the time in the world to get 50*7=350 elves, 50*9=450 archers and 50*22=1100 peasants. the peasants will make sure you have enough money to buy the other troops. you'll only need a whole lot patience ;)
by stijn
17 Aug 2006, 22:29

about godric, in the first inferno mission, what happens if you beat godric? it'll take quite some time to build up enough troops (the peasants make sure you have enough gold at any time), but i'm curious to see what happens :-D
by stijn
17 Aug 2006, 16:17
Topic: Haven strategy and hints
Replies: 16
Views: 8122

can also be used when you lost. to 1500k skellies or a rushing deleb for instance
by stijn
15 Aug 2006, 12:27
Topic: Expansion HOMM 5
Replies: 525
Views: 135769

ever seen 1000 people take up the same space as 1? ever seen 1 guy on a horse carrying thousands of troops? ever build a farm and magically found 22 peasants in it immediately? ever seen a real dragon? it's a fantasy game in my opinion. you can compare it to real life, but using real life as an argu...
by stijn
15 Aug 2006, 12:16
Topic: Expansion HOMM 5
Replies: 525
Views: 135769

i thought the romans were better organized and used divide and conquer tactics. but you cant compare homm to real life. though the romans' logistics played a important role in conquering the world... and it's a good thing that lower tier creatures remain important during the entire game imho. in hom...

Go to advanced search