05 Oct 2006, 21:00
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Town Problem
Replies: 21
Views: 6622

thunderbolt wrote:Windows XP
Driver: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX400
Driver version: 9.1.4.7
I'm afraid you are in a dire need of a GC upgrade - it's the card, not the game... it's just too old.
by Naskoni
05 Oct 2006, 14:53
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Restrain Necromancy?
Replies: 5
Views: 4193

It's easy ;) In your data folder locate and open the latest patch .pak file, p2-data.pak, and enter it. You want to edit this file (preferably by extracting it first): GameMechanics\RPGStats\DefaultStats.xdb Inside you need to locate this code: <Necromancer> <DeathTread> <SpeedBonus>4</SpeedBonus> <...
by Naskoni
04 Oct 2006, 11:11
Topic: Restrain Necromancy?
Replies: 5
Views: 4193

Re: Restrain Necromancy?

Is it possible to restrain necromancy to only create 40 skeletons max per fight? No, not that I can see how - you can play with the Necromancy percentage values per level and the town building though but you cannot put a specific absolute value limit as you wish. If you're interested in playing wit...
by Naskoni
02 Oct 2006, 18:18
Topic: Irresistible magic
Replies: 389
Views: 82366

sorry , i cannot choose to not use bonus to retaliation, and, that is UNFAIR I can use it just when i get hit... Problem here is: there are absolutely NO disadvantages or negative feats associated with improving that skill, which is NOT the case with IM, no? Yes - you take advantage "only"...
by Naskoni
02 Oct 2006, 13:40

A lot of people so far made my point by stating one way or another that "fixing" IM is simply asking for more power for Dungeon - what does that mean - it simply goes to say that Dungeon is better off without their racial, that the racial is not beneficial and it damn sure should be. Bott...
by Naskoni
02 Oct 2006, 12:26

Talk what you like, this doesn't change the facts. The facts are, the only downside of IM is that Warlocks cannot blast Destructive spells over their Dragons without hurting them in the process. You can try to disguise this with so many words as you like, but that's it in a nutshell - it's the only...
by Naskoni
02 Oct 2006, 11:30

Since this is an interesting point, I'm going to put it here separately again: The two-square breath attack. It's an advantage (higher damage potential). But there is a danger. Not so much the danger of hurting your own units when you attack with your Dragons. The bigger danger is that the opponent...
by Naskoni
01 Oct 2006, 17:16

The analogy is completely wrong. Your statement is completely irrelevant without any further arguying. As irrelevant as your statement above, maybe? My argument is that if you have a MR creature, you should be using this as a basis for some of your strategies and tactics, just as you make use of th...
by Naskoni
29 Sep 2006, 22:34
Topic: Raise Dead mod
Replies: 9
Views: 13358

Sir_Toejam wrote:I've played it on a few maps so far, and the lower level earthquake has come in handy on a couple of occasions.

I haven't done the rounds with necros yet. will be doing tests this weekend on some resource changes, and will take a closer look at raise dead then.
Your input will be appreciated ;)
by Naskoni
29 Sep 2006, 14:41

maybe IM should only work with empowered spells, that would to some extent make sense. It's racial and the spells are so powerfull that they penetrate natural resistances. Hmmm - I like that idea! It makes perfect sense and you get to have the choice of whether IM will affect your units or not. Tha...
by Naskoni
29 Sep 2006, 14:02
Topic: Why are mage guilds screwed up?
Replies: 9
Views: 3220

thank you, but mods make me wonder how we adjust with each other mods in MP, and BTW, do you know if a mod that ALWAYS allow you to pick a clever skill to go to ultimate exist ? ( like don t give the choice between magic res and ressourc for sylvan ... ) The ironic part is that the guy that you are...
by Naskoni
29 Sep 2006, 13:46

One last thing, and this is just an opinion, I dont see the problem in the fluff, about IM, We all know dungeon are *******, minotaurs are slaves and their matriarches are some twisted Sado masochist b----, so sacrifying some of their units when casting seem on the contrary very accurate with this ...
by Naskoni
28 Sep 2006, 22:46

The Balck Dragon´s immunity is there for resist 20 dark & destructive spells, like Frenzy, Puppet Master, Blindness, Confusion, Decay, Suffering, Weakness, Implosion, Meteor Shower, Fireball, Ice Bolt, Thunder, etc, casted by a non-warlock enemy. Now list all the positive spells you cannot cast...
by Naskoni
28 Sep 2006, 15:56

Too much power to control - where? That you will be allowed to rain Meteor Shower on your BDs without hurting them but all the enemies around the stack? Hell, isn't that what their immunity is there for? You cannot haste them, boost them, raise them but you can harm them? What good is their ability...
by Naskoni
28 Sep 2006, 14:14

ThunderTitan wrote:
Naskoni wrote: I can say for sure that I have never missed with a Warlock's spell - you always hit, only with reduced efficiency.
Dmg spells or any spells?
Well, IM applies to damage spells only, so obviously only such. If it applied to other types you would have been able to boost your BDs already ;)
by Naskoni
28 Sep 2006, 14:05

Mmmm, no - it will be 50% resistance, i.e. the spell will always take effect but only 50% of it - you will raise half the HP you would otherwise raise on a non immune creature, or they will get the effect, but only for half the duration, etc. This is how it works on Golems? To begin with - I don't ...
by Naskoni
28 Sep 2006, 13:42

And seeing as without the Pendant of Mastery the failure chance of a buff spell is about 50/50 it shouldn't be too imbalancing to allow BD buffing. And they could just make Dispel work on everything. Mmmm, no - it will be 50% resistance, i.e. the spell will always take effect but only 50% of it - y...
by Naskoni
28 Sep 2006, 12:00
Topic: 1.3 Academy
Replies: 179
Views: 51607

You don't see me posting in the modmaking guild, do you? Because I wouldn't dream of starting a discussion about how this mod was bad or that good or whatever. No, everyone can make their mods however they like. This here is a DISCUSSION forum about Heroes V, however, and if people start to DISCUSS...
by Naskoni
28 Sep 2006, 11:41

In all comments IM is seen more like a brake, a limiting factor put there to ensure that Warlock's empowered spells don't get out of hand. And where is the problem with that? Erm, your racial, the one supposed to be beneficial for you, you know, is actually a preventative measure that is put in pla...
by Naskoni
28 Sep 2006, 10:47

Listen. Why do you need "arguments" at all? You can mod the things whichever way you like. So: you don't like IM the way it is? Go ahead and change it. But don't expect you can prove that it must be done the way you want it. Just do it. There's no need to try and make everyone agree. Simp...

Go to advanced search