Search found 14 matches

by xiilus
06 Jul 2013, 04:59
Forum: Articles
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Inferno - The Marriage of Heaven
Replies: 9
Views: 8609

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Inferno - The Marriage of Heaven

I like reading these campaign walkthroughs after I beat them once, to see if there's anything I missed, as well as get ideas for future run-throughs. I went Blood, so I was very surprised to read about the Tears secondary mission. But reflecting on my experience this mission, it makes sense. Nothing...
by xiilus
23 Jun 2013, 05:27
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Haven - Fair is Foul and Foul is
Replies: 24
Views: 14671

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Haven - Fair is Foul and Foul is

It seems flagging the mines and dwelling are necessary to make Town A weak. From reading Maltz's advice from the beginning of the previous mission, he mentioned that scripted heroes can be devastating if you rush to areas before the developers want you there. I don't read walkthroughs until after I'...
by xiilus
30 Mar 2013, 06:15
Topic: The Necromancer → The Lord of Heresh
Replies: 55
Views: 47223

The Necromancer → The Lord of Heresh

This is possibly the most likely map for the ToE mod to backfire on you. I am a big fan of using it, mainly for having options in what troops to field; alternate upgrades gave Heroes V much higher replay value for me. In many cases it makes the campaign easier, but when the enemy uses Divine Vengean...
by xiilus
30 Mar 2013, 05:53
Topic: The Warlock → Raelag's Offer
Replies: 28
Views: 14812

The Warlock ￾→ Raelag's Offer

I've completed this map a few times before, but I was very surprised at the end of my latest run. Before fighting Veyer, I sent Shadya over to hang out with Isabel and Markal, without really thinking about it. I had forgotten that I had made Isabel a scholar; she taught Shadya Town Portal, Frenzy an...
by xiilus
31 Dec 2012, 04:55
Topic: The Triumvirate
Replies: 43
Views: 35212

The Triumvirate

I inadvertently made the first 2 fights with Markal very difficult. I play with the ToE mod, and I gave Markal Last Stand. He just kept summoning up ghosts, and fights had a tendency to go like this: miss, miss, stack knocked down to 1 hp, miss, miss dead. In that time, he'd have summoned up 3 more ...
by xiilus
28 Oct 2011, 12:12
Topic: The Ranger - The Vampire Lord
Replies: 91
Views: 75552

The Ranger - The Vampire Lord

I definitely enjoy playing these early campaigns with the ToE mod, but it can trivialize some things. Although I don't often take Dark magic with Sylvan, I managed to get Vampirism fairly early with Findan. It's very good on most elven troops, yet the most evil choice has to be Sprites. My build had...
by xiilus
27 Jun 2011, 22:57
Topic: Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → Tearing the Veil
Replies: 34
Views: 28338

Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → Tearing the Veil

I've been going through the campaign again trying to complete maps quickly, achieving good Hall of Fame scores. Even if this is not your goal, I've found a very helpful method of preparing Freyda. Try to upgrade Enlightenment to advanced quickly, then prioritize Arcane Intuition. It may be old news ...
by xiilus
02 Apr 2011, 23:33
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Choices
Replies: 25
Views: 25577

Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Choices

I'm playing the mod that allows for ToE features in the HoF campaign, and everything seemed fairly standard until I freed Duncan. His build is quite untraditional, so I had to check here to see if Duncan always had this odd build. For reference, he has: Ex. Counterstrike - Expert Trainer, Benedictio...
by xiilus
09 Mar 2011, 18:56
Topic: The Necromancer → The Invasion
Replies: 54
Views: 37851

The Necromancer → The Invasion

My Isabel had lucked into a Sorcery build early, so I gave her both light and dark magic. Markal had scholar, picked up Curse of the Netherworld, and passed it to Isabel. At that point, I decided to just convert all Haven troops to undead, so both heroes could use the curse to its fullest. All hail ...
by xiilus
12 Feb 2011, 06:08
Topic: Tribes of the East ￾¨ Will of Asha ￾¨ Heart of D
Replies: 56
Views: 28703

Tribes of the East → Will of Asha → Heart of Dar

Ngabi, to finish the ghost's quest, kill the assassins, then walk back to him. The portal makes this quick. Importantly, do not do the ritual that kills the four necromancers until after you finish this quest. The first time I encountered Orlando, his gated stacks posed serious problems for me. I go...
by xiilus
11 Feb 2011, 17:59
Topic: Tribes of the East ￾→ Flying to the Rescue ￾→ A
Replies: 92
Views: 53212

Tribes of the East ￾→ Flying to the Rescue ￾→ A

Most people's troubles with Kujin seem to be the result of an unprepared setup. My favorite build for her involves Leadership->Empathy, Shout->Shout of Rage, and Enlightenment->Bloodfire. The other two choices are optional. Since she can't max out her skills at 26, I only take Basic Enlightenment; B...
by xiilus
11 Feb 2011, 17:46
Topic: Tribes of the East ￾→ Flying to the Rescue ￾→ A
Replies: 92
Views: 53212

Tribes of the East ￾→ Flying to the Rescue ￾→ A

I've tried all three combos of other magics with summoning: light, dark, and destruction. All are effective, but if you've never tried it, summoning destruction is extremely fun. You can win most fights with magnetics golems and armageddon, especially using last stand on size twos. The entire reason...
by xiilus
11 Feb 2011, 16:44
Topic: Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → One
Replies: 90
Views: 43458

Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → One

I've found that I stay proactive with Kujin, teal doesn't send heroes after me until late month 2 at the earliest. Just to test my theory, one time I had Kujin stand in her starting day one position for 10 days. When I arrived at the first town on day 12, teal was standing outside already. She could...
by xiilus
24 Jun 2006, 00:48
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Is instant travel working correctly?
Replies: 13
Views: 5260

Is instant travel working correctly?

In a custom single player game, I was chasing down an enemy hero when he started teleporting around making it impossible to follow. I thought I would be able to do the same with the Instant Travel spell, but I could not make the same jumps he could. First he teleported past a gatehouse to which I di...

Go to advanced search