Search found 29 matches

by camelotcrusade
18 Sep 2012, 05:31
Forum: Articles
Topic: CH Heroes VI Review
Replies: 45
Views: 36395

CH Heroes VI Review

Bravo to those standing up to the community vitriol. I like this site because it's a good source of news but I will add +1 to the ranks of people tired of the old, bitter and unforgiving "community." The editors on this site aren't immune to it, either, sometimes you guys indulge in some r...
by camelotcrusade
10 Sep 2012, 19:00
Forum: News
Topic: Ubisoft Officially Scrap Online DRM
Replies: 21
Views: 12131

Ubisoft Officially Scrap Online DRM

Interesting how two people asked practical questions (e.g., how are they going to implement this, and will I able to use formerly online features while offline) but the rest of the comments are a philosophy fight interspersed with venom for Ubi. Maybe that's what it was like working at Black Hole lol.
by camelotcrusade
07 Sep 2012, 15:42
Topic: Ubisoft Officially Scrap Online DRM
Replies: 21
Views: 12131

Ubisoft Officially Scrap Online DRM

So... are they just gonna patch it out? I haven't read the follow-ups but was wondering if anybody saw how they were going to actually implement this separation.
by camelotcrusade
27 Jul 2012, 15:01
Topic: Patch 1.5.2 Available
Replies: 5
Views: 3927

Patch 1.5.2 Available

Their patch notes are maddening. I do not like how they post the mistake instead of what was fixed... at least I assume that's what they are doing. But it's very unclear when they post something like "The growth is 8 instead of 9 for the Maniac." Okay, is it 8 now or is it 9? Just another ...
by camelotcrusade
16 May 2012, 19:22
Topic: Patch 1.3 Next Week
Replies: 9
Views: 5104

Patch 1.3 Next Week

Does anyone else think it's weird they say what was wrong instead of what was fixed? E.g., instead of saying "None of the artifacts present in the Artifact Merchant menu has a description," most developers would write patch notes that say "Artifacts now have descriptions when inspecte...
by camelotcrusade
16 May 2012, 19:19
Topic: Patch 1.4 Released
Replies: 15
Views: 8234

Patch 1.4 Released

1.5 will certainly be interesting. I am nervous about the impact of these changes on the campaign since clearly they playtested those with the initial build. Will they be playtesting them with the new builds and tweaking them accordingly? Probably not... we'll probably be doing it. Ugh.
by camelotcrusade
07 May 2012, 15:38
Forum: Articles
Topic: Ubisoft Q&A
Replies: 19
Views: 10356

Ubisoft Q&A

I see Heroes falling into the same trap as the Age of Wonders series. That game had a terrible time balancing the wishes of the single-player community with the multiplayer community. Ultimately the most successful approach was to release a mod suite so that either community could introduce or roll-...
by camelotcrusade
27 Apr 2012, 23:29
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Inspecting Enemy Heroes in Battle
Replies: 4
Views: 4189

Still having this issue. Has anybody viewed the enemy heroes in combat? I looked at him before battle, forgot a detail, and see now way to hover over and look at him while we're fighting.

Do I have to have scouting or something?
by camelotcrusade
03 Dec 2011, 22:20
Topic: Spending Dynasty Seals in the Altar of Wishes
Replies: 3
Views: 4761

Ah. Thanks!
by camelotcrusade
03 Dec 2011, 19:11
Topic: Spending Dynasty Seals in the Altar of Wishes
Views: 4761

Spending Dynasty Seals in the Altar of Wishes

I finally hit Bronze rank and I was looking forward to buying the new stuff in the altar of wishes. However, I cannot spend my seals. I have bronze as the rank selected while I am in the Altar, and I am online and connected to Uplay/Conflux. Any ideas? I see the two buttons, check and X, and both of...
by camelotcrusade
03 Dec 2011, 19:07

Lol, thanks. Why on earth would they not let inspect enemy heroes when sieging a town, or randomly while on the field?

Perhaps it is tied to the scouting ability, and when I was able to do it maybe I had a #2 hero in range. I never siege towns with them. Hmm...
by camelotcrusade
03 Dec 2011, 18:59

Inspecting Enemy Heroes in Battle

Many times when I am in combat, I can't find a way to inspect the enemy hero (that is, look at his or her stats). Right-click just doesn't do anything, nor does turning the camera. It happens to me sometimes on a battle map and always when I am sieging a town. What am I doing wrong? It's kind of fru...
by camelotcrusade
17 Nov 2011, 16:12
Topic: Paul Romero Medleys
Views: 3195

Paul Romero Medleys

I would buy all of them if they were of professional recording quality. I am tempted to rip the videos to mp3 but the background noise is bothersome. If anybody sees a professional release, shout it out!
by camelotcrusade
17 Oct 2011, 18:41
Topic: Let's talk town conversions...
Replies: 30
Views: 15635

This has driven me nuts many times, and because of it I always take the +3 movement speed on my main hero now. Here's what happens - the AI creeps into the screen near your fort. You try to chase he runs away. Eventually you say screw it, I can't sit here all day, and then he runs in and ganks your ...
by camelotcrusade
17 Oct 2011, 18:35
Topic: How do you use a regular hero in skirmish mode?
Replies: 12
Views: 7896

Thanks for the replies everybody. Still can't figure this out. I wonder if it's tied to being on the conflux or not... maybe this works if you're in offline mode. If that's true, I'd still like to be able to use it whenever I want. I also liked the randomness of not knowing what I will get when I le...
by camelotcrusade
15 Oct 2011, 18:20

I know, right? I am not opposed to this new feature, but some more in-game explanations plus the option to do it the old way (again, in an obvious way) would be most appreciated.

If anybody figures this out, please let us know!
by camelotcrusade
15 Oct 2011, 05:05

How do you use a regular hero in skirmish mode?

I just got my game and have been enjoying the first mission, and then I decided to take a break and set up a basic skirmish map, a free-for-all with a couple AIs. However, I couldn't figure out how to set my first player as a regular, out-of-the-box hero. It seemed like I could only select a Legacy ...
by camelotcrusade
23 May 2011, 12:52
Topic: Video: Music & Sound Making Of
Replies: 30
Views: 11906

Video: Music & Sound Making Of

Nice video! One thing that bugged me though - the voice actor said the name "Anastasia" incorrectly to my ear. It should have been either of these: http://www.howjsay.com/index.php?word=anastasi***
by camelotcrusade
25 Nov 2006, 21:22
Topic: Buglist
Replies: 142
Views: 258222

Hi, I wanted to add a bug. Here is the whole discussion: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4828 I have a bugged saved if Nival wants it... not sure how to send those in. The short version of this bug is that sometimes the event to free the hero in jail (C2, M3) does not trigger...
by camelotcrusade
25 Nov 2006, 01:31
Topic: Jailbreak blues in HoF
Replies: 6
Views: 6225

Update - it's a bug. The objective wouldn't switch over. I restarted the scenario, raced to the tower and noticed not only did the objective change this time, but it also added one to capture a red town. I should be good to go now! I wanted to report this bug to Nival but I'm not sure how... I still...

Go to advanced search