Search found 8 matches

by playforfun
16 Dec 2006, 15:16
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Inaccessible windmill in Battle for Androna
Replies: 0
Views: 832

Inaccessible windmill in Battle for Androna

Underground level, bottom right part of the map, near a war factory, stables, heroes tavern, refugee camp... The windmill there is inaccessible.

The map is quite interesting, though. :)
by playforfun
11 Dec 2006, 03:43
Topic: Adventures In Heroic
Replies: 65
Views: 11733

This is a really interesting thread. When I first read Winterfate's post I was agreeing with him 100% that heroic adventures were pretty impossible. Then, we have a lot of replies here from people who share their experience with being able to handle the heroic level with relative ease. Curiosity for...
by playforfun
21 Jun 2006, 04:42
Topic: Improving Scouting and a solution to the tactics phase issue
Replies: 17
Views: 5580

Re: Improving Scouting and a solution to the tactics phase i

I think everyone agrees, the "luck" factor in the tactics phase with positioning is a bit absurd. My proposed solution is a buff to the scouting skill, making it valuable and adding more choice to the logistics tree then just logistics -> pathfinding, unless scouting is needed for a speci...
by playforfun
21 Jun 2006, 03:40
Topic: Lastest artifact mod and install description?
Replies: 25
Views: 7990

Not that I appreciate any arrogant behaviour but a ban is imo a bit too harsh for the present case. :) He has already been criticized by a few righteous guys here and pehraps that will be enough punishment?
by playforfun
21 Jun 2006, 02:30
Topic: My homm V Balance Patch Ideas
Replies: 63
Views: 14166

You can always defend that race X is balanced because unit Y is overpowering thus making up for it's deficiencies. However, that really kills the game for me as I would like to see specializing in most units as a possibility. What the hell is the point of having zombie specialization on a hero if z...
by playforfun
20 Jun 2006, 07:57
Topic: My homm V Balance Patch Ideas
Replies: 63
Views: 14166

Of all the proposed changes I only support toning down of phantom based on my few weeks of inadequate playing. Multiple replications of large caster/shooter stacks is just a bit crazy and too useful in most situations. In general, I think variety is important so a tactic/spell/creature etc. only nee...
by playforfun
20 Jun 2006, 07:12
Topic: Diplomacy in H5 -- how does it work?
Replies: 22
Views: 13336

Judging from the experience of everyone here I am inclined to believe that the workings of diplomacy has probably been toned down a lot, to an extent that it doesn't work as "intended". It has always been (imo) a most powerful skill in the past heroes series where a diplomatic hero can get...
by playforfun
19 Jun 2006, 09:02
Topic: Diplomacy in H5 -- how does it work?
Replies: 22
Views: 13336

Diplomacy in H5 -- how does it work?

In my last game (non-campaign map Heritage, hard difficulty) I deliberately picked this skill but after numerous battles I still couldn't get one stack of creatures that offer to join me for free nor at a cost. By the time I got defeated by the AI my hero was at level 17 and still none offered to jo...

Go to advanced search