Search found 103 matches

by Metal Wolf
Jun 22 2013, 16:36
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: 1st impression of Heroes 6 after almost 1 year
Replies: 22
Views: 18666

Out of curiosity what do you think was imbalanced in H5 and what do you think is imbalanced in H6? Necromancy (specifically, the ability of the necromancers to convert creatures from other factions to Necropolis units of equal rank), magic (light/dark schools of magic way overpowering Destruction, ...
by Metal Wolf
Jun 22 2013, 9:55
Topic: 1st impression of Heroes 6 after almost 1 year
Replies: 22
Views: 18666

Two comments from someone i.e. me that I consider unqualified to comment about and there for will anyways. I am the lone gamer in the Universe who loves Heroes V! You're not :) . I think that Heroes V is a great game, far from perfect in terms of balance, yet very fun and true to the series due to ...
by Metal Wolf
Sep 3 2011, 10:07
Forum: News
Topic: Warlock: Master of the Arcane Announced
Replies: 3
Views: 1560

Warlock: Master of the Arcane Announced

This looks very promising! The screenshots and the concept remind me of the legendary Master of Magic (1994).
I'll keep an eye on it.
by Metal Wolf
Aug 29 2011, 14:00
Topic: General Thoughts on the Homm VI Demo?
Replies: 37
Views: 12446

I played the demo and I have to say that I am highly disappointed with this game so far. I am a huge fan of the series (HOMM2 is my favorite by far, though I like a lot HOMM3 and HOMM5 too), but this game doesn't feel like Heroes at all to me - more like a conversion of some generic real-time-strate...
by Metal Wolf
Apr 22 2011, 1:07
Topic: Are you really hyped?
Replies: 128
Views: 37678

I think 3 tiers is an improvement, now you're "tier 1" will go a long way, and stand toe-to-toe with "tier 3". This means, that every single unit is actually usefull . OR creatures of 3rd Tier will be so much stronger than creatures of the 1st tier, than the latter will become t...
by Metal Wolf
Apr 21 2011, 16:58

but not all of us are so glad with the massive changes Blackhole plan for us I think sequels always need to have big changes in them. Especially if its after number 3. We can't be playing the same game with improved graphics and some minor changes. I'm also sometimes opposed to a change (old school...
by Metal Wolf
Apr 21 2011, 13:55

It always puzzles me why folks bother to declare their 'un-hyped' status for this game. As banal as it may sound, for the same reason other people declare how they are hyped for this, really. We are all fans of the series (on my part - HOMM2 is by far the best game ever) but not all of us are so gl...
by Metal Wolf
Apr 21 2011, 13:43
Topic: the game is pushed back to september
Replies: 28
Views: 9030

I guess it's too naive on my part to hope that Blackhole reconsider this 3 tiers per town design, improve current town lineups and add at least one "classic" faction (Wizard/Sorceress/Warlock)?
by Metal Wolf
Mar 12 2011, 11:37
Topic: Town Window instead Town Screen
Replies: 62
Views: 21145

Seems like Black Hole have somewhat of a fetish for removing classic features/elements of HOMM series from H6. 3-Tiers system, No Warlock/Wizard/Sorceress faction and now the town screen issue... Sure some changes are necessary and maybe even turn out to be refreshing (area of control, fewer resourc...
by Metal Wolf
Dec 17 2010, 10:26
Topic: HVI units (images)
Replies: 227
Views: 134039

No classic Wolf/Wolf Rider and yet the harpy and the centaur return from H4 to haunt this faction again... Add to this fewer factions (overall), fewer tiers, many changes to classic aspects of the game and one can not overlook the notion that game begins to look more and more like fans least favouri...
by Metal Wolf
Oct 5 2010, 14:48
Topic: Heroes 6 wish list
Replies: 39
Views: 15997

Towns: - Less static, more dynamic (including roaming creatures) - Interactive menus (camera flying to each dwelling/structure selected in the menu, easy access without making town graphics useless) - Slower town growth, economics less dependant on structures (more on adventure map objects) Creatur...
by Metal Wolf
Sep 14 2010, 14:07
Topic: forgotten adventure spells
Replies: 20
Views: 6672

Here is something topic related I've wrote a few months ago in the HOMM6 wishlist thread: ... I'd like to see more adventure-map spells, which should be stronger and more impressive as well: Seems weird that the insanely strong magic-wielding heroes can cause so much havoc on the battlefield, but ca...
by Metal Wolf
Aug 29 2010, 8:09
Topic: New, new info (29. Aug)
Replies: 69
Views: 21721

Re: New, new info

Some of whose features are a bit weird...
Kilop wrote:- no actions of the hero on the battlefield (like in H3)

I'm pretty sure that an earlier official statement claimed otherwise.
by Metal Wolf
Aug 29 2010, 7:18
Topic: What's The Worst Faction ?
Replies: 274
Views: 65805

For me boring are the humans, even though the most balanced faction. They need a little something not to look so dull. Like make them a bad guys (those red troops storyline type in HV). They are always the good that save the world, bla-bla, suck it, *****! Want you destroyed and squashed like a coc...
by Metal Wolf
Aug 29 2010, 0:29
Topic: some new information (27. Aug)
Replies: 34
Views: 10849

Re: some new information

*2D animated town screens WILL be in the game Despite that, it seems that those town screens (town windows?) will have a only minor role in H6. Town screens are an integral part of the game, and IMO should be the only exclusive way of hiring creatures and performing various tasks. It was like that ...
by Metal Wolf
Aug 28 2010, 18:10
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes Medley by Paul Romero
Replies: 24
Views: 12499

Heroes Medley by Paul Romero

Suddenly I feel a great urge to play HOMM 2...Quite surprised to see that I'm not alone!
Best game EVER for me.
by Metal Wolf
Aug 20 2010, 14:21
Topic: Your likes/dislikes in Heroes6 game design
Replies: 113
Views: 33981

I think (and hope!) that there is a misunderstanding about H6 having no town screens. As far as i know, it was said that the player will be able to see how much the town is developed just by looking at it from the adventure map and without the need to enter it. That doesn't contrast having town scre...
by Metal Wolf
Aug 20 2010, 14:05
Topic: Only 4 resources. Good or bad?
Replies: 246
Views: 48999

Maybe cutting the resources down to 3 (excluding gold) isn't a bad idea after all. Take a look back at Heroes 2: In that game, towns generated much less gold then the towns in H3-4-5 (there were no town halls, city halls, capitals etc. - only a statue that increases the income by 250 gold in additio...
by Metal Wolf
Jun 27 2010, 10:35
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: King's Bounty Armored Princess
Replies: 75
Views: 39956

Just finished the game! Had a great time, though the original is better imo. The things that I liked less in Armored Princess were: 1) The player begins employing 4th lvl creatures in his army at a very early stage of the game, skipping almost entirely on 1-2 level creatures, and even on 3rd level c...
by Metal Wolf
Apr 15 2010, 19:34
Topic: Heroes 6 wishlist (draft)
Replies: 328
Views: 88335

Yeah, adventure spells could use a bit of expanding. A few of the ones I'm working with are Reverse Portal, which turns a one-way portal exit into a one way portal entrance and Dimension Door, which basically creates a temporary two-way portal (What used to be DD is now Teleport, and what used to b...

Go to advanced search