Search found 39 matches

by Chorus
02 Jul 2007, 08:00
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes IV Spell Immunities
Replies: 1
Views: 1725

Um, what's that mod note supposed to mean? I'd still like to know if there's a documented answer to my question. See http://www.celestialheavens.com/viewpage.php?id=67 for a better idea of what I'm talking about. That's the Heroes 3 version. There are cross-spell school terms that aren't specificall...
by Chorus
02 Jul 2007, 07:19
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Creature stats discusion
Replies: 38
Views: 25119

One thing that bothers me about spellcasting creatures is how overpowered they become in large numbers. In the long run, players are rewarded for choosing spellcasters over regular creatures, except maybe cyclops vs. ogre magi. Genies can make far more illusory monsters than heroes, water elementals...
by Chorus
26 Jun 2007, 08:38
Topic: Economy in Heroes-IV
Replies: 55
Views: 59783

What I would like to see most regarding the economy is some ultra-expensive items or dwellings to soak up resources later in the game. I've found that once my town is built up, I soon have far more resources than I need. I remember seeing a "funny" recycle bin, but maybe that's not a bad ...
by Chorus
25 Jun 2007, 07:43
Topic: Revolutionary Idea: Remove PoI's from H4
Replies: 47
Views: 26942

Lucky for me I already created my own Potion Merchant Quest Hut. In a recent campaign I played, which was created in the original HoMM 4, I was required to buy a potion from a town which no longer sold that particular potion in the Equilibris mod. So I had to create a Quest Hut which sold that poti...
by Chorus
21 May 2007, 07:34
Topic: Let's change the advanced classes!
Replies: 45
Views: 28451

At some point in their development, I think heroes should be equal (in utility). As it stands, a level 20 General is a whole lot more useful than a level 20 Guildmaster. That means balance skills, their combinations, and then the advanced classes. Hmmm, what about not balancing them, but simply mak...
by Chorus
09 May 2007, 07:41
Topic: Ideas for next mods
Replies: 395
Views: 145345

One thing that makes Scouting useful is the experience bonus heroes get for using their stealth skills. It was a good idea because it meant that they were rewarded for using their skills outside of combat. Perhaps this concept could be extended to other passive skills, i.e. Tactics and Nobility. For...
by Chorus
09 May 2007, 07:29
Topic: Looking backward: First impressions on HoMM4
Replies: 318
Views: 107238

Re: Might campaign 1: on immortality and berserkers.

Several battles (mainly seiges) began with the enemy getting morale rounds with their 400+ centaurs and 20+ cyclops, which quickly killed Wearjik twice before I got an action. Without any spellcasters to raise him in battle, that meant game over, even if my forces could win. In an individual scenar...
by Chorus
07 May 2007, 07:58
Topic: III (interface improvement ideas)
Replies: 18
Views: 13277

I'm tired of flipping through potions in the spellbook, can those be...uncluttered?
by Chorus
07 May 2007, 07:46

I always saw the advanced class bonuses as the cherry on the pie In that case, it's a cherry the size of a pin-head, and a rotten one at that. :) So what? Is it Equilibris' purpose to make the advanced class bonuses earth shattering? Hardly. That would require even more balancing and H4 gives EQ en...
by Chorus
06 May 2007, 11:05

I'm not sure if beefing up the advanced class bonuses is either a good idea or one consistent with Equilibris-ing things. I always saw the advanced class bonuses as the cherry on the pie; the real meat is testing strategies with skill combinations. That said, many of these ideas seem to be focused o...
by Chorus
05 May 2007, 10:04
Topic: Looking backward: First impressions on HoMM4
Replies: 318
Views: 107238

QD, I was in somewhat of a similar situation as you: played H1-3, skipped 4. I did try the H5 demo, but was largely disappointed. In June of 2006, I obtained H4 Complete and I've been enjoying it since. I particularly like the storylines and heroes buildup. The Haven campaign is the best opportunity...
by Chorus
05 Apr 2007, 03:45
Topic: Economy in Heroes-IV
Replies: 55
Views: 59783

Heroes has never been big on economy, and as Dalai points out, Heroes IV emphasizes heroes/roleplaying over controlling territory. Even if it were more of a straight-up strategy game, the economic purpose would be to acquire a monopoly over the map's resources. As the player becomes more powerful, s...
by Chorus
25 Jan 2007, 06:23
Topic: Ideas for next mods
Replies: 395
Views: 145345

Playing through the campaigns on EQ Champion, I found that I really liked AI heroes having the immortality potion cast on them before combat (except dispell, steal enchantment, etc. can really mess with this). However, I didn't like the endless neutral stacks, and the AI can sometimes pose a challen...
by Chorus
16 Jan 2007, 01:50
Topic: III (interface improvement ideas)
Replies: 18
Views: 13277

Mouse Scrolling is a good idea, and it should be implemented in all the circumstances Dalai noted. Also, could the text bubble pop up and give info on border gates, specifically their color and whether the player has visited the appropriate tent. Thirdly, there's a bug with quest gates. Whenever the...
by Chorus
14 Dec 2006, 13:04
Topic: Griffin Evolution
Replies: 76
Views: 34221

Voted H2 'cause it looks best and I like the plummage.
by Chorus
14 Dec 2006, 13:03
Topic: Centaur evolution
Replies: 37
Views: 17431

Voted H1.

Why? Enh. None of them are that great, but the H2 one looks like a human that literally had the rear-end of a horse shoved up his ***
by Chorus
10 Nov 2006, 17:18
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MMVI: Gharik's Forge Strategy & Tactics
Replies: 12
Views: 15214

But I seem to have found yet another point in MM6 where I catch myself thinking: why bother? ... I've enjoyed MM7, MM8, and even a good deal of MM9, but I can't understand the appeal of 6. The occasional humor isn't making up for the sheer boredom and frustration of yet another 5-hour dungeon crawl...
by Chorus
12 Aug 2006, 03:12
Topic: Peasant Evolution
Replies: 79
Views: 34795

Voted H1:

He looks part shiftless, part stupid, part world weary, poor, more tired from marching than the weighed-down paladins, and you can see the fear in his eyes, especially when slaughtered. They were also better in H1 because they weren't per se necro fodder, but they were an irritant.
by Chorus
12 Aug 2006, 02:49
Topic: Heroes Chronicles - thoughts on games as I finish up
Replies: 9
Views: 5600

Pol,

The file saves to disk but doesn't work properly, and I don't feel like joining the yahoo group. Can you upload this file another way?
by Chorus
10 Aug 2006, 03:09
Topic: HOMM2 vs. HOMM3
Replies: 51
Views: 23501

But give H3 it's due credit. The introduction to the underground, for instance. A much more refined Map Editor. And the ability to add WoG. Personally, I haven't been thrilled with WoG, but I found problems with the underground. Some maps overuse it, so it gets tedious. "Oh, now I have to craw...

Go to advanced search