Search found 50 matches

by GatorG
13 Dec 2006, 16:57
Forum: News
Topic: Patch 1.2 is Out
Replies: 2
Views: 1313

Patch 1.0.2 is Out

maybe they'll have the game "patched" by the time it's worth $4.99?

G (-:
by GatorG
08 Dec 2006, 14:46
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: The Three Rules of Nival
Replies: 118
Views: 27885

HoMM V was a game by a new company. Sure, they didn't hit the spot with the first installment, but everyone has said they did a much better job on the second installment.

A wonderful game is continued and that's the bottom line...

G (-:
by GatorG
06 Dec 2006, 16:59
Topic: Skill Wheel Update
Replies: 12
Views: 4070

Skill Wheel Update

do you know where the muffin man lives?
by GatorG
01 Dec 2006, 17:05
Topic: GameSpy Reviews HoF
Replies: 28
Views: 7454

GameSpy Reviews HoF

what is the hero bug?
by GatorG
15 Aug 2006, 15:44
Topic: Dark Messiah Gets a Limited Edition
Replies: 14
Views: 4188

Dark Messiah Gets a Limited Edition

I wonder if these extras will be available 1 month later...
by GatorG
12 Aug 2006, 04:45
Topic: Hall of Fame Challenges
Replies: 2
Views: 1615

I would think The Queen campaign could beat Gilraen. G (-:
by GatorG
12 Aug 2006, 04:39
Topic: Special Aura
Replies: 16
Views: 6215

As for the CE extras, I can get HoMM III and HoMM IV to install, but not HoMM IV: Winds of War. Plus, I tried to download some HoMM III maps and the game won't recognize them, so I had to play under my old HoMM III, in which they work just fine. So, I'm not sure why I paid the extra either. Now, the...
by GatorG
07 Aug 2006, 12:01
Forum: Articles
Topic: Academy Walkthrough Started
Replies: 16
Views: 8941

The Mage → The Defiant Mage

Heroic - You can visit the Skeleton dwelling, spell place, and +2 Att/Def and take the Necro town on the eighth day (before it can hire creatures). It took me 7/8 times to get Summon Phoenix. Hopefully others will be more lucky. G (-: Havez is a good secondary hero for this map and any Necro hero fo...
by GatorG
07 Aug 2006, 11:23
Topic: The Ranger - The Vampire Lord
Replies: 91
Views: 74539

The Ranger - The Vampire Lord

I've played this map on 1.2 and I would suggest rushing the middle necro town as soon as possible (when possible). Once I knocked that town out, I wasn't bothered underground. In addition, I was able to avoid Vlad while I cleared the spectral dragons (I had instant travel too, which helped getting t...
by GatorG
07 Aug 2006, 11:16
Topic: Tim Lang at Nival US
Replies: 11
Views: 3843

Tim Lang at Nival US

I agree. This is good news. It is nice to see the signs that this series might survive for a few more years. G (-:
by GatorG
04 Aug 2006, 16:40
Topic: Guys, give UBI a breath...
Replies: 214
Views: 50587

Since this thread is being positive again...I am impressed with the balance between factions (to the extent it is). They did as good a job as anyone probably coulda done. G (-:
by GatorG
04 Aug 2006, 11:18
Topic: Warlock Campaign - The Cultists
Views: 4629

yeah, I've beaten it on Heroic twice (once on 1.1 and once on 1.2). it's a tough battle for sure but beatable. you just have to figure out the AI's strategy/tendancies. first time i beat them i ran the whole time (knocking off and losing castles) until i found the town next to the dragon utopia and ...
by GatorG
04 Aug 2006, 11:11
Topic: Help with Diplomat standalone scenario
Replies: 8
Views: 5339

I went up to the second garrison and he scared them. I don't know what triggered it, but more troops sounds good. I never went underground (I don't think). The stand-alone map...while ok, left me wanting. I've only played it once.
by GatorG
04 Aug 2006, 11:07

Godric: <bangs shield> Godric: <looks at you for 2 seconds> Stage Manager: cue cue Godric: oh, RAWR Queen Isabel <2 second pause> I don't know why you're <pause> asking me to surrender Markal: <raises staff> RAWR Stage Manager: why did he do that? Player: don't ask me. G (-:
by GatorG
03 Aug 2006, 16:08
Topic: Tips and tricks-Academy
Replies: 40
Views: 15473

Very good tips...and never apologize for helping people...they don't have to accept, but never apologize for it.

G (-:
by GatorG
03 Aug 2006, 16:00

I mostly only played XL maps, but there were 5-10 good maps for HoMM III and HoMM IV that were playermade...but of course there are about 500-1000 playermade maps...it's still worth it though to find those 5-10.

G (-:
by GatorG
03 Aug 2006, 15:56
Topic: The Ranger → The Defense
Replies: 33
Views: 26919

The Ranger - The Defense

I think they've changed some things Maltz...I've played this map a couple of times throughout the patches and I don't remember having to leave Findan in for the first two Purple heroes either. But now they whittle enough of your forces down that you can't survive the later heroes. Yeah, when you get...
by GatorG
03 Aug 2006, 11:32
Topic: Warlock Campaign - The Cultists
Views: 4629

Lethos is the key. If you can keep him off your butt long enough. I've been able to beat this map twice, but with certain bit of luck. First time I ran like a little school girl to the castle nearest the dragon utopia (in a round about manner and Lethos didn't come for me. I was left alone in this c...
by GatorG
03 Aug 2006, 11:16
Topic: The Ranger → The Defense
Replies: 33
Views: 26919

The Ranger - The Defense

Ok, I'm on this mission in 1.2 also on Heroic difficulty. First, you wait a turn and grab the money chest. Then, verify that the purple hero bought a dragon (meaning you don't have to purchase a dragon dwelling). If not, restart. You can't hold back your Dragons because the Necro army destroyed me w...
by GatorG
02 Aug 2006, 16:08
Topic: patch problem.. help please
Replies: 6
Views: 2378

plus, you may have to reinstall HoMM V to get it to recognize the new patches from a fresh install...don't forget to save your games.

Go to advanced search