12 May 2009, 19:55
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Speed up AI turns
Replies: 5
Views: 12657

PhoenixReborn wrote:setvar ai_time_limit = 180000

Which can be found in gamedir\profiles\default_profile\user_a2.cfg

and also in my documents\mygames\username\tribes\profiles\user_a2.cfg

I can't remember which one affects it though.
Thanks for the help!
by erased. over. out
04 May 2009, 03:15
Topic: Speed up AI turns
Replies: 5
Views: 12657

Speed up AI turns

Hey guys. I haven't played H5 in quite a while and was wondering if there was any way to speed up the AI turns? I recall there was a special code that we could put in to do this (but at the cost of "dumbing down" the AI). Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
by erased. over. out
08 Jan 2008, 04:16
Topic: Pure Class (Heroes Complete Edition).....with pics!
Replies: 44
Views: 52316

Appreciate the detailed response and links, guys. I think I'll wait it out and see if I can get it at the official site sometime in the future. I'm very tempted to purchase it off the French Amazon site, but I've been spending too much of late. Many thanks though! B-)
by erased. over. out
07 Jan 2008, 01:51
Topic: Pure Class (Heroes Complete Edition).....with pics!
Views: 52316

I've been out of the loop for quite some time. I was wondering: where can this complete edition be purchased? I can't seem to find it on eBay/Amazon. Is there a DVD version available as well?
by erased. over. out
21 Dec 2007, 03:34
Topic: Sylvan town glitch
Replies: 36
Views: 18012

They look more like graphics from I dunno Myst circa 1992. They aren't very detailed. Does anyone know what I mean by that? Yes, mine is like that as well. I don't see any other solution other than waiting to get a new video card or eventually a new computer. I really think the Sylvan town in parti...
by erased. over. out
29 Nov 2007, 23:45
Topic: Cerberus Alternative suggestion
Replies: 11
Views: 3807

Elvin wrote:Then again appearances can be misleading. There was this white rabbit in Monty Python and the Holy Grail :devious:
Run away! Run away!
by erased. over. out
28 Nov 2007, 04:38

So I put the file in the .PAK folder and now it works. So I guess this file only works for HoMM5 and not for ToTE. Although the lightning does help, it doesn't look like the pictures I see on the internet of sylvan towns. How does this file work? Apologies for the late reply, but I've been away. Um...
by erased. over. out
19 Nov 2007, 05:45

Hmm, that's very odd. It seemed to work for me. I do not think it is a RAM issue as I only have 512mb myself, and I'm running it on a 3 year old Toshiba Satellite laptop. Please try copying the .pak files and pasting it in the "data" folder (or "dataa1aa" folder if you're trying ...
by erased. over. out
19 Nov 2007, 03:46

I have a couple of .pak files that could help with both the Sylvan and Academy towns, but they won't fix the lighting problem 100%. Just drop the files into your Pak folder. You can find the files here: http://www.esnips.com/web/bulkhead72sStuff Please let me know if that helps. EDIT: if that doesn'...
by erased. over. out
16 Oct 2007, 23:27
Topic: Tribe o t East is out.
Replies: 22
Views: 17554

Sir Charles wrote:Yeah, I've checked around everywhere I can think of in my area (US-Texas). It's being shipped today and available for sale tomorrow (17th). Oh well. One more day.
Yes, it seems like it'll come out tomorrow here in California as well. Ugh, I've never been the most patient person... :tsdown:
by erased. over. out
18 Jun 2007, 17:07
Topic: Fortress Alternate Upgrades
Replies: 52
Views: 35060

These are, by far, the best looking alternate upgrades. They should've stuck a beard on the Magma Dragon while they were at it :D .
by erased. over. out
26 May 2007, 03:14
Topic: Male or Female..
Replies: 42
Views: 9333

My girlfriend was really into H3 for the longest time. I'm sure she'll revisit it sometime in the future. Besides that, she's a Sims and Tekken freak!
by erased. over. out
14 May 2007, 00:38
Topic: Word of Light
Views: 9302

Re: Word of Light

Is there a more disappointing spell than Word of Light? I build up my guild hoping for Resurrection only to get stuck with this useless spell. It is pitifully underpowered for level 5 and highly limited in its application. The only thing worse is that lousy ring that counters it. They should defini...
by erased. over. out
23 Apr 2007, 21:22
Topic: Peasants vs. Conscripts
Replies: 30
Views: 10224

Re: Peasants vs. Conscripts

That being said, I'd be curious to see the alternative peasant upgrade. The alternative peasant upgrade might have a longer rake-like weapon, so that it can attack from an extra hex spot away, thereby escaping a retaliation strike (much like the Pikemen from H4). This feature might mean giving the ...
by erased. over. out
15 Apr 2007, 20:48
Topic: New Spells, anyone?
Replies: 47
Views: 18609

New Spells, anyone?

We know that TotE will have new spells. Which spells would you like to see return? Any speculation on what "new" spells we might see? I, for one, would love to see atleast 1 new spell for each level and school of magic. Dark Magic could use a Hand of Death-like spell, for example.
by erased. over. out
15 Apr 2007, 20:43
Topic: Neutrals
Replies: 21
Views: 7341

The official announcement concerning TotE mentioned new spells, artifacts, buildings, and ofcourse the new faction, but nope- no mention of new neutrals. I, too, would love to see more neutrals in the game. The Medusas, Harpies, Pegasi (to name a few) will be sorely missed. P.S. The Ice Demon could ...
by erased. over. out
11 Apr 2007, 16:25
Topic: alternative upgrade speculation
Replies: 97
Views: 26645

Adicto wrote:NECROPOLIS:
Some excellent ideas there Adicto. Hopefully the actual alternate Necromancer upgrades on the new expansion will be half as creative. :devious:
by erased. over. out
08 Apr 2007, 19:33
Topic: alternative upgrade speculation
Replies: 97
Views: 26645

Monteniger wrote: (it would be hilarious to see Holy Lich :rofl: )
That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Thanks for the laugh :lol:.
by erased. over. out
07 Apr 2007, 20:47
Topic: Tribes of the East- the last of HV?
Replies: 47
Views: 12800

Tribes of the East- the last of HV?

Hello all. I really haven't been keeping up with my HoMM news, but I read that Tribes of the East (if they go ahead with that title) will be the last we hear of HV? I was hoping for an additional expansion after this stand-alone product. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.
by erased. over. out
06 Apr 2007, 19:07
Topic: Second Expansion officially announced
Replies: 107
Views: 32132

The news about alternate upgrades is the best thing I've heard in a long time! Hopefully, it'll play as good as it sounds. Fingers crossed. :devious:

Go to advanced search