Search found 233 matches

by cornellian
25 Sep 2006, 22:36
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Irresistible magic
Replies: 389
Views: 82500

Sir Toejam, I haven't said a single word about you modding Heroes, I simply objected the notion that Irresistable Magic should not affect your own creatures.. In fact you can find, couple pages earlier, in one of my posts, that I suggested you do such a mod.. But of course, you haven't noticed it ha...
by cornellian
25 Sep 2006, 16:17

it works only for damage spells? Yes, strangely enough it does, but magic immune Black Dragons that you would be able to resurrect (with Warlock's insane SP) is not helping to balance the game :D.. Also isn't it true that if an Academy Mage got his hands on both Black Dragons and Armageddon (someho...
by cornellian
25 Sep 2006, 16:09

@TT: Well I can't give out the names of the games to protect my name; but I guess there will be no harm in naming the companies I'd worked for: Blizzard, Interplay, GoD, Epic, GT, Konami, SSI, Sierra (for several developers), and Koei.. Needless to say, in dozens of TCs (total conversions) and mod p...
by cornellian
25 Sep 2006, 15:49

Do I need say more Sir Toejam.. You already proved, as did Adicto, Meandor and others, that you have very little idea what you are talking about, but I should've known; in my last ten years I have worked with so many modders that didn't have the slightest idea of the game they were modding that your...
by cornellian
24 Sep 2006, 15:40
Topic: Enlightment, is it finally worth picking now?
Replies: 48
Views: 13450

Tactics isn't half as useful as it is thought, simply because of MP.. I doubt most of you play multiplayer but using tactics against a human means having tactics used against yourself. This is as simple as it gets. You won't be able to reach his ranged troops, nor casters in your first turn because ...
by cornellian
24 Sep 2006, 15:29

is a very safe and cheap bet of winning the game.. you're not gettin it. this isn't h4. armageddon is not as powerful a spell in h5, and unlike in h4, there are several ways to counter it. think for a second, and I'm sure you will come up with at least 3 right off the top of your head that exist in...
by cornellian
24 Sep 2006, 05:17

Of course you still won handily, in campaign games your heroes and your armies achieve levels that is practically unattainable in custom or MP games.. Nothing is the uber win all strategy in a strategy game, but try to find a MP opponent that will use this trick to you and maybe you will see that it...
by cornellian
24 Sep 2006, 05:04
Topic: your opinion on Raise Dead & Ressurect in 1.3
Replies: 85
Views: 22522

Magic shouldn't be underpowered to might. Please tell me if I've missed any, but I don't know a single fantasy setting where magic isn't the harder but more rewarding way to power. Nival's changes to Res. RD were unnecessary, they should have made RD a level 3, maybe even level 4 spell and should ha...
by cornellian
24 Sep 2006, 04:54

What do you mean, that you wouldn't use a 7000 damage Armageddon spell (7x1000) if you could.. Come on now, you named it yourself, it was an exploit, and it now is half the exploit it was, but still an exploit nevertheless.. Anyway, it is clear to me that our prolific modder Sir Toejam should make a...
by cornellian
24 Sep 2006, 04:38

as to armageddon being "unbalanced" it simply isn't all that powerful. if your only army is a few blackies, then your still gonna get wiped if your opponent has a full army with him. ...and what if I have 20 dragons? Will those dispellable spells screw an army as Armageddon does? You know...
by cornellian
24 Sep 2006, 02:16

I thought I would enjoy my Biclops rating for a while; oh well, back to being a conscript again... What most people fail to see here is the ratio of loss. Forget damages; there is no buffing spell in Light Magic, no curse spell in Dark Magic etc. that would make a single tier7 creature to take out 2...
by cornellian
22 Sep 2006, 15:57
Topic: Enlightment, is it finally worth picking now?
Replies: 48
Views: 13450

Actually I have picked Enlightenment for Markal in the campaign instead of Dark Magic (doesn't make a lot of sense for a Necromancer, I know), and our half insane hero turned up to be a powerhouse, as around 15+ bonus stat points mostly gone to spellpower could only make him one thing: a much more p...
by cornellian
22 Sep 2006, 15:44

Maybe at those battles 2k damage implosions didn't mean a lot, but I doubt that you did that 10k+ damage in a custom game map, as such numbers usually can only be achieved after the third month, or in campaigns -you don't have a lot of time to save 80 angels nor build your hero to 35 attack in any c...
by cornellian
22 Sep 2006, 01:56

50000 gold and 100 resources is nothing after week 6, and especially if you have more than a castle.. Come on now, we all played Heroes, and should know how an easily done cookie cutter build, like the fireguards in Heroes IV, is like a pickle in a jelly jar, it ruins the whole thing.. Don't you rem...
by cornellian
22 Sep 2006, 01:50
Topic: Which sea neutral monsters are necessary in game?
Replies: 15
Views: 8090

kind of like the crazy barbarian tribes in civ?? that could be interesting, Precisely, like barbarians of civ.. It might be even better to be able to capture deep sea castles but I have an idea or two how, say, vampires would perform underwater :D... but also cause some tearing out of hair as well ...
by cornellian
22 Sep 2006, 01:44

And that is the reason why it should work on your creatures as well. It doesn't give your enemy an advantage, it merely, and partially I must add, takes away a very cheap way of winning that was in Heroes. Having 20+ black dragons (enough to last against the enemy attacks while you annihilate everyt...
by cornellian
22 Sep 2006, 01:39
Topic: Which sea neutral monsters are necessary in game?
Replies: 15
Views: 8090

Kraken may be the original sea monster but putting it would be screaming "Disciples" all over.. I would rather have tritons, crits of the original Might and Magic series, and a race altogether.. You know what would be great? A non-player triton race, complete with their deep sea castles, w...
by cornellian
21 Sep 2006, 05:11

I should add that when a great wizard summons a humongous meteor from outer space and crashes it in the middle of fourteen creatures, how exactly is he supposed to prevent one of them, in most cases BDs, to get it in the rear just like others? This is not a magic arrow you can direct, it is an area ...
by cornellian
21 Sep 2006, 04:54
Topic: 1.3 Academy
Replies: 179
Views: 51690

You haven't made Academy the strongest town just in HoMM V, but in every single HoMM out there. Go easier on the abilities I'd say.
by cornellian
21 Sep 2006, 03:56
Topic: Let's balance Academy...
Replies: 26
Views: 7874

None for me, not the way Academy now is, considering they got more powerful in my taste.. Today, actually just an hour ago, I absolutely crushed my friends in a MP game playing with Academy.. They aren't weaklings by any standards, both are seasoned Heroes fans, and both finished HV's campaigns. One...

Go to advanced search