Search found 32 matches

by seancdaug
30 May 2010, 08:36
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Anyone know the best way to emmulate MM4 - 5 World of Xeen?
Replies: 23
Views: 12172

Huh, MM3 also had a CD version? And I totally didn't know about the CD version of WoX, too. Very interesting, what is different there? As far as I know, there is no CD-ROM version of Isles of Terra . There is a CD-ROM version of World of Xeen , though. There aren't too many differences between it a...
by seancdaug
30 May 2010, 00:05

What format did you copy the cd audio sound tracks in? I have tried .org format, .mp3 format and .wpa format with no success in loading WoX in a dos box using a burned disk... I just ripped the discs as a binary (BIN) image, with a corresponding cuesheet pointing to the correct time in that image. ...
by seancdaug
29 May 2010, 21:15

Do you play the 3.5 Inch version or the cd version? As far as I know I haven't figured out how to mount a cd image and have the game still be able to access the cd audio and speach in the game... I've been doing just that for years. Keep in mind that you need a disc image that actually has the CD a...
by seancdaug
22 May 2010, 21:33
Topic: Might and Magic 6: Improving the Knight, Paladin, and Archer
Views: 21848

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:If you want my items.txt and monsters.txt (files directly useable by MM6 if you use grayface's patch) ask for it and I'll post links.
I'd be interested it giving them a try, if you don't mind sharing them.
by seancdaug
22 May 2010, 21:27
Topic: MM4 & 5: Favorite class
Replies: 2
Views: 1846

Probably Sorcerer, because I loves me some group-effect spells. I've always had a soft spot for Rangers, though, even though they've been gimped significantly since Isles of Terra.
by seancdaug
22 May 2010, 21:21
Topic: You knew it was coming... favorite M&M game!
Replies: 60
Views: 21447

Re: You knew it was coming... favorite M&M game!

My first favorite is MM6, but my second vote will be done to MM3. I have a pretty even opinion of all of the MM games from MM2 through MM8, and there's relatively little difference between any of them in terms of quality, IMO. MM7 was the first I played to completion, and it still holds a strong sp...
by seancdaug
22 May 2010, 21:13
Topic: Might and Magic 1: NES version vs PC version?
Replies: 9
Views: 11887

I know I'm performing thread necromancy (I've got my soul jar right here, in fact), but I did want to point out that you do have the option of rolling your own characters in the NES version. One of the random monster rooms in north Sorpigal has been replaced by a "guild" that lets you recr...
by seancdaug
28 Apr 2009, 01:12
Topic: The lost Might and Magic : the Nec PC-Engine version
Replies: 46
Views: 39384

Does anyone own Might and Magic Millenium Edition ? If so, could you tell us what the box contains (pictures would be useful) ? I mean manuals and all that... I had the Millennium Edition. I still have all the discs, but I didn't keep the packaging. It's been almost a decade, but as I recall it cam...
by seancdaug
03 Apr 2009, 19:44
Topic: Your Favorite Class?
Replies: 2
Views: 1562

Re: Your Favorite Class?

What is your favorite class? and why? and what is your worst? I will tell my awnser soon............. Favorite has got to be Sorcerer, if only for the Town Portal/Lloyd's Beacon combo. Least favorite is a little trickier, though: I've always had problems with Rangers. They look good on paper, but a...
by seancdaug
15 Mar 2009, 01:41
Topic: MM6,7,8 executable files (versions and sizes)
Replies: 10
Views: 6285

If you're still looking for file sizes/versions, I've got one for MM8 now. It's 12,288 bytes, and there's no version specified in the executable. It's an out-of-the-box, original retail version of MM8 with the XP compatibility patch applied. The associated MM8-Rel.exe is 1,155,072 bytes, and is file...
by seancdaug
05 Mar 2009, 21:23
Topic: Difference????
Replies: 26
Views: 7935

HeroOfPunk wrote:i bought two sealed ones for apple and one for amiga :) also bought the MaM VI:Limited edition :)
Well, you certainly covered your bases, there. That's three different copies of the game, by my count, for three different platforms :)
by seancdaug
05 Mar 2009, 21:22

I recall there being 2 versions of MM1. The NES and the PC version, I think. There were a lot of versions of MM1. It was originally coded for the Apple II, IIRC, and subsequently ported to DOS, the NES, the C64, the Mac, the MSX, and the TurboGrafx CD. MM2 had even more: it didn't have an NES or TG...
by seancdaug
05 Mar 2009, 06:46
Topic: MM6,7,8 executable files (versions and sizes)
Views: 6285

Re: MM6,7,8 executable files (versions and sizes)

My fresh, out-of-the-box install of Might and Magic VII from the old 3DO Might and Magic Millennium Edition boxed set appears to clock in at 1,069,056 bytes, with a modification time stamp of Wednesday, August 25, 1999, 3:52:14 PM.
by seancdaug
04 Mar 2009, 16:48

Re: Difference????

Er, both of the links go to the same auction.... The auction in question, though, is for the MSX version of the game, not the MS-DOS version. As far as I know, the MSX version was only released in Japan, so unless you happen to have an old MSX machine and a working knowledge of the Japanese language...
by seancdaug
21 Feb 2009, 17:00
Topic: Places to lvl in MM6
Replies: 18
Views: 11462

So what am I supposed to do now? Start over? :( And how do I get him back? :) You can get to the circus at any point, provided you're strong enough to fight through whatever monsters may be in your way. The circus moves around Enroth, to a different location every month. The only location I can rem...
by seancdaug
21 Feb 2009, 15:23
Topic: Better textures for MM7 in D3D mode
Views: 27035

MMTool, this is very cool. Particularly since I just started playing MM7 again, so it's very timely for me. :D As far as I can tell, it works like a charm. For whatever reason, certain monsters are colored differently, but this was always true of the software-vs-hardware textures, so that's not a pr...
by seancdaug
20 Feb 2009, 18:24
Topic: Your first MM7 party
Replies: 15
Views: 6904

Re: Your first MM7 party

I will never forget my first batch of party members, even their names, though it's been a good ... 9 years or so. I can't honestly say I remember my characters names, but I'm pretty sure I went with the default party (Goblin Knight, Human Thief, Dwarf Priest, and Elf Sorcerer). I just started a new...
by seancdaug
20 Feb 2009, 18:09
Topic: MM7 resolution mod
Views: 12748

Very nice. It even scales well, so that the resized window isn't ugly/jagged looking (a problem I had with the similar MM6 resolution mod). The only problem I've had is that it doesn't always seem to work. Occasionally the window will ignore the resolution settings and use the default 640x480 window...
by seancdaug
23 Jan 2009, 14:42
Topic: How did you first get into Might and Magic?
Replies: 31
Views: 12782

Re: How did you first get into Might and Magic?

During my freshman year at college (1999), a friend of mine loaned me his copy of Heroes III . I enjoyed it, and when the two expansion packs came out for it, I scooped them up. From there, I picked up 3DO's Heroes Millennium Edition boxed set of the first three games. As I was buying it, I saw the ...
by seancdaug
08 Jan 2009, 20:15
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Heroes on Plasma
Replies: 16
Views: 5794

Heroes on Plasma

My ability to read things off my LCD TV is pretty much a factor of distance: in my old apartment, I sat about two feet from the picture and had no problems. Now, my chair is a bit further back, and I sometimes have to squint. Even so, that's pretty rare, and usually only happens in games with smalle...

Go to advanced search