Search found 106 matches

by juventas
17 Aug 2006, 22:19
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Haven strategy and hints
Replies: 16
Views: 8162

Training everyone to paladins is very costly. I doubt you could pull it off, considering it takes 2000 gold to train one priest to a cavalier, even with the Hall of Heroes. A rushing Deleb would be hard to beat, but I doubt 1500 skellies would be too much of a problem for Klaus, especially if he use...
by juventas
08 Aug 2006, 21:46
Topic: "Slow" spell doesn't seem to do anything.
Replies: 18
Views: 6611

Slow will not affect a creature's turn if it is about to go next. It will, however, affect all the turns afterwards.

Slow works like this:
25% no dark magic
30% basic
35% advanced
40% expert

Haste:
10% no light magic
20% basic
30% advanced
40% expert
by juventas
04 Aug 2006, 03:12
Topic: Windowed Mode
Replies: 9
Views: 4271

You have to run it at a resolution smaller than your desktop resolution. It will run in windowed mode, but it won't show the windows menu bar at the top. You still have to press Alt+Tab to get to your other windows.
by juventas
03 Aug 2006, 21:50
Topic: Windowed Mode
Views: 4271

Go into your user.cfg file found in My Documents and change

setvar gfx_fullscreen = 1

to, yep, you guessed it:

setvar gfx_fullscreen = 0
by juventas
03 Aug 2006, 21:17
Topic: Tips and tricks-Academy
Replies: 40
Views: 15698

I also want to remind people that Mark of the Wizard works on your own troops, but only with Summoning/Nature spells. This means you can Phantom Force multiple troops at the same time, guaranteeing that you'll always have at least one cloned troop hanging around (unless you clone two stacks that are...
by juventas
31 Jul 2006, 15:33
Topic: Sylvana Ancients (level up tree) in campaigns
Replies: 11
Views: 3577

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, my friend.
by juventas
27 Jul 2006, 15:23
Topic: Percentage chance to get offered skill
Views: 3480

Even changing the placement of creatures on the battlefield will change the numbers.
by juventas
26 Jul 2006, 23:02
Topic: so... who would u rather have to take over the HOMM series
Replies: 47
Views: 11125

FFT didnt use an Anime/Manga art style, it was a pretty unique style and the graphics sure as hell looked better then what was used in the previous HoMM games. and since when did graphics matter in teh HoMM series? :| "Looked better" is purely opinion. But anime art style is pretty varied...
by juventas
26 Jul 2006, 22:52
Topic: So many Unupgraded Units are so Worthless
Replies: 28
Views: 6533

With all those peasants I train, I can't afford to upgrade my archers.
by juventas
26 Jul 2006, 15:34

Have you ever played Final Fantasy Tactics? That was a great tactical-combat RPG. So,they can definitely get the combat right (actually, a number of companies on console games have great tactical combat interfaces, including all sorts of terrain features) I was about to say the same thing, except I...
by juventas
26 Jul 2006, 14:53
Topic: retribution?
Replies: 10
Views: 4383

I swear there was a thread about it earlier. Or maybe it was a thread within a thread.
by juventas
26 Jul 2006, 02:30
Topic: Undocumented 1.2 changes
Views: 15259

I think Necromancy may have been broken in the first place. When I had Expert Necromancy, I would always revive 100% of the people who died on the field. I'm not too unhappy about that, though, since it doesn't seem to unbalance the game too much.
by juventas
26 Jul 2006, 02:15

I like anime as much as the next fanboy, but please god do not let Heroes turn into anime.
by juventas
26 Jul 2006, 01:25
Topic: So... are you glad you patched it?
Replies: 33
Views: 11028

I'm still wondering where they got the idea to patch things like the ATB bar and the frickin' hero models. Did they annoy the developers that much? It's a character model for goodness' sakes! Although, I'll admit, it was probably an easy fix.
by juventas
26 Jul 2006, 01:21
Topic: Klaus too powerfull?
Replies: 54
Views: 15877

I don't play MP, but is there a best faction in this game? Which faction has won significantly more battles than the other factions?
by juventas
25 Jul 2006, 01:57
Topic: retribution?
Replies: 10
Views: 4383

+5% damage per point of morale. I think some people have already done the experiments on this board.
by juventas
25 Jul 2006, 01:34

Sure, he's a decent @$$-kicker, but he's not what you'd call overpowered. Paladins are among the cheapest tier 6 units in the game (if not the cheapest), and their weekly growth rate is on par with every other faction. They are good and cheap units. But when you put them under Klaus, you can decima...
by juventas
24 Jul 2006, 23:18

Ah well. I'm under the impression that, unless you can point to a unit and say "hey, those guys make x faction win significantly more battles than all the other factions," it's all ok. I can see that happening with Klaus, but I don't see it happening with regular 1.1 Paladins. It's a good ...
by juventas
24 Jul 2006, 14:18

Master hunters are as good as most 4th tier creatures, and yet people don't have a problem with that. Sylvan armies are almost always centered around their 3rd and 4th tier units (at least from my impressions on message boards). You have to ask yourself the question: did Paladins make Haven more pow...
by juventas
24 Jul 2006, 03:17
Topic: So... are you glad you patched it?
Replies: 33
Views: 11028

It only fixed a few of the things I wanted fixed, and then it went ahead and "fixed" some more. How many people complained about the 1.1 ATB bar? Why did they choose to "fix" it?

Go to advanced search