Search found 270 matches

by Gus
07 Jul 2006, 20:34
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: raise dead
Replies: 50
Views: 15599

Re: raise dead

Even when you aren't the undead, i find it ridiculous that when you use raise dead on a stack, and the enemy kills off people in the stack, the people in the stack that are killed are the "raise dead" ones and not the "living" ones. This is only logical.The dead ones are used as...
by Gus
07 Jul 2006, 20:29
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: H5 Mod: Creature Abilities detailed
Replies: 2
Views: 3944

you should have asked me that, i had that in a .txt somewhere ;)
by Gus
06 Jul 2006, 23:26
Topic: List of special abilities?
Replies: 7
Views: 3426

you could find this helpful:
viewtopic.php?t=2753
by Gus
05 Jul 2006, 23:31
Topic: My Necropolis Guide
Replies: 69
Views: 22735

@RK
if any argument against is met by your "this is not even close to an argument", then the discussion's closed indeed.
by Gus
05 Jul 2006, 12:54
Topic: Most disappointing creature of Heroes V
Replies: 70
Views: 21539

MrSteamTank wrote:Anyways I hardly think they look awful. Why do people say this when 90% of what is in heroes V looks far better than anything in the previous heroes.
huh? well, that's spot on. plenty of units are good-looking, and a couple suck. what's wrong with saying this? i don't get it.
by Gus
05 Jul 2006, 12:06

You yourself just admitted that you both have nothing to contribute and wouldn't contribute anyways i'm sorry, no offence, but i think you need to learn to read, or to learn English, or both. You haven't given me a word of constructive criticism, just written "lawl tihs sux lawl" a couple...
by Gus
04 Jul 2006, 22:59

it's not "that guy", there have been a couple of other fellows who agreed with me. as far as the "shut up if you can't do better"-argument goes... well, i can't design a car, but if you come here and present your car design, and it sucks, my own competence in the matter is highly...
by Gus
04 Jul 2006, 00:03
Topic: Light or Destructive magic for (long) Sylvan games?
Replies: 15
Views: 6340

yes and yes. EDIT: i disagree with Kalah. If you do reach your goal of Imbue Arrow + Imbue Ballista, and that you combine it with Desrtuctive Magic + Fire Mastery + Ice/Lightning Mastery, then it becomes deadly. You can reduce the armour of virtually every unit in the field, and then, every time you...
by Gus
03 Jul 2006, 18:56
Topic: Race and Town Creation Contest - Please tell me your ideas
Replies: 191
Views: 47152

it's not exactly "original" then, is it?
by Gus
03 Jul 2006, 00:19

It's not a "necro guide", you can't say "it's a necro guide" when all it has is "use vladimir and use raise dead". please. You haven't read many net guides, have you?! of course i have. some good, many not worth much. does that mean that "not worth much" shou...
by Gus
03 Jul 2006, 00:11

Let a = your initiative Let b = enemy initiative Haste: (1.0 + 0.4)a/b = 1.4a/b Slow: a/(1.0 - 0.4)b = a/.6b = 1.67a/b i got that, i can do math =P my question is: why do you think that a/b is more representative than b/a ? (keeping a and b as you defined them of course). On topic: Technically, his...
by Gus
02 Jul 2006, 23:06

If you take an arbitrary statistic called speed ratio = (your speed)/(enemy speed), decreasing the denominator is always better than increasing the numerator by the same proportion why not the opposite stat? EDIT: on topic... well, if you guys are perfectly happy that a "necro guide" is n...
by Gus
02 Jul 2006, 21:18
Topic: imbue arrow ability
Replies: 9
Views: 7450

yes.
by Gus
02 Jul 2006, 21:18
Topic: PLENTY questions
Replies: 33
Views: 11429

then something must have been very wrong with my maths. Or maybe it was before the patch, i dunno, i don't think so. Anyway, thanks vicheron =)
by Gus
02 Jul 2006, 21:16

hmmmm... It really seems people have a hard time not mixing up "strategy", "munchkinism" (sorry GC), etc... Strategy guides are about how to use the strengths of your side, how to adapt to various situations using those strengths, etc. It's not about doing the same old thing with...
by Gus
02 Jul 2006, 19:26

well, saying "use this one spell, this one unit, this one hero" is nothing near a "strategy"...
by Gus
02 Jul 2006, 19:25
Topic: Using Creature Abilities
Replies: 1
Views: 1314

the ability gives them increased defense when using the Defend (and possibly Wait, according to the description at some sites, but i find this weird and haven't tested it) command. It is not a selected ability. If you have problems with creatures abilities, you should check the Modsmith section of t...
by Gus
02 Jul 2006, 16:18

Given the tremendously high initiative of the Inferno units, and the fact that Light is never resisted, it appears clear that Light is much better.
Now, is it worth it to specialize in a school whose spells you're not sure to get... i don't know =)
by Gus
02 Jul 2006, 12:02
Topic: PLENTY questions
Replies: 33
Views: 11429

yeah, that would be massive, except that in my experience it doesn't work... however, i've just remembered that i did my calculations with Archers. Would it be possible that it only works in melee? That could explain how i did not notice anything. EDIT: didn't see vicheron's last post. vicheron, wou...
by Gus
02 Jul 2006, 11:59
Topic: The artifact situation has gotten out of hand...
Replies: 36
Views: 9723

In my experience, DL is right. But it's only what i perceived, i haven't made any real tests, so i might be wrong.

Go to advanced search