Search found 83 matches

by atma6
12 Jun 2007, 22:51
Forum: News
Topic: Academy Alternate Upgrades
Replies: 93
Views: 21265

Academy Alternate Upgrades

The only one I don't like more than the original is the Storm Lord, and yes Battle Mage would have sounded better.
by atma6
10 Jun 2007, 01:04
Topic: Dungeon Abilities Explained
Replies: 21
Views: 6433

Dungeon Abilities Explained

Well here is hoping that you wouldn't just charge in with the Stalkers alone, using your invis units to strategically pick off THEIR advancing army, charging with all of your forces so it isn't isolate, or sneaking up on shooters would be more effective.
by atma6
01 Jun 2007, 16:12
Topic: Tribes of the East: interview & new screens
Replies: 75
Views: 17380

ToE: Interview & New Screens

I think being able to adapt is far more strategic for gameplay. Realy sure needing to make a decision can be called that, but it would often be a shot in the dark as to who you are going to be facing. This way you don't blindly hope you pick the right one, because you can adapt to meet the situation.
by atma6
24 May 2007, 22:16
Forum: Articles
Topic: Heroes V Deconstructed #1
Replies: 29
Views: 7203

Heroes V, Deconstructed

@Campaigner I would disagree on the Wii being the system that most targets casual gamers. The 360 seems to be the one the is throwing the most "pick up and play" games, most FPS, sports games, and Gears. Although at this point there are a larger amount of party games on the Wii, but there ...
by atma6
19 May 2007, 19:17
Topic: Tribes of the East Interview
Replies: 79
Views: 16130

Tribes of the East Interview

Raelag seems to be one of the most important characters in the story, why hasn't he been confirmed?
by atma6
16 May 2007, 17:17
Topic: Preview of the Sylvan Upgrades
Replies: 88
Views: 20662

Preview of the Sylvan Upgrades

Yeah, but to be fair these look different from the original unit as well. Just not that different from the original upgrade.

I personally love the new look and am more excited than before when I thought they were just going to add abilities and barely touch the model.
by atma6
18 Apr 2007, 15:39
Topic: Tribes of the East Clarifications
Replies: 62
Views: 14189

Tribes of the East Clarifications

Heroes V: The Quest for more Money
by atma6
12 Apr 2007, 15:53
Topic: Tribes of the East Announced
Replies: 207
Views: 63927

Tribes of the East Announced

With their native terrain being the steppe, I would see them more as Mongolians than Native Americans.
by atma6
09 Mar 2007, 23:13
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: HoMM6 gameplay discusion
Replies: 95
Views: 30664

Doing away with creature specials is a bad idea, not balancing wise, but just for the lack of variety. Keeping each faction and their creatures unique, while maintaining a balance is indeed possible, it just requires a lot of effort.
by atma6
09 Mar 2007, 15:35
Topic: Rune of Charge.....bit too swingy?
Replies: 9
Views: 5040

Really being able to pretty much cross the field with every creature you have is really overpowered especially for only one wood. I would either limit its effect (50 percent increase) or increase its cost and rune level. Now what I think would be a good idea is to tie the effect of runes to a stat l...
by atma6
08 Mar 2007, 01:07
Topic: Rune of Charge.....bit too swingy?
Replies: 9
Views: 5040

Yeah, it may be a small hit, but its not like the Rune of Berserking isn't a great rune either.
by atma6
07 Mar 2007, 15:05
Topic: Just Finished the HoF Campaign and...Wow
Replies: 3
Views: 1924

I'm probably only impressed because I'm directly comparing it to the original.
by atma6
06 Mar 2007, 20:01
Topic: Just Finished the HoF Campaign and...Wow
Replies: 3
Views: 1924

Just Finished the HoF Campaign and...Wow

~Probable Spoilers~ I played through the original campaign awhile ago, and although it wasn't bad, I felt like it had a poorly done story and I didn't connect with any of the characters. About a week ago I finally decided to buy HoF, and I've just beaten the Campaign. I thought it was really well do...
by atma6
05 Mar 2007, 15:18
Topic: What Needs to be Balanced
Replies: 15
Views: 4937

Orson can be very very brutal and effective I agree, but he only has two advantages, and those advantages don't come into play for very long, or very often. For example starting with Vitality gives his Skeleton Archers more power, but this is only really useful at the beginning against ranged creatu...
by atma6
05 Mar 2007, 00:02

I think that the resource cost of an Artifact should be determined by Knowledge. So Wizards with little Knowledge would have to pay a lot less for their weaker Artifacts, but the higher level Artifacts would cost a lot more. I think this balances out better than cost increase being determined by the...
by atma6
04 Mar 2007, 23:50

The chances of Nival fixing everything are as close to zero as they can be. Still...its better to see what people would like to balance than to just to accept that it will never be fixed.
by atma6
04 Mar 2007, 22:30
Topic: Town you least like to play
Replies: 75
Views: 21338

I can't stand the Sylvan faction. I had to put the difficulty level to easy in the campaign just so I could get through it fast so I didn't need to play as them for too long. I tried Fury of the Elements, but I just couldn't take it because I can't stand the Sylvan units or Heroes. I don't have a pr...
by atma6
04 Mar 2007, 22:27
Topic: Holy crap-You MUST see this! (academy strat)
Replies: 261
Views: 62419

Most towns can counter any strategy, but the question is how hard is it to counter. I don't know of any strategy that works 100 percent of the time, but this seems to give the Academy its best shot.
by atma6
04 Mar 2007, 22:25
Topic: Best Level 25 Academy Heroe???
Views: 5737

I find there to be two heroes in the Academy: Havez, and everyone else. Havez should deffinitely go for a war machines route with more army based skills, but I believe every other hero benefits more from extra spells.
by atma6
04 Mar 2007, 22:22

I agree it would be hard, but I think if they put a great deal of effort into it they could achieve it. For example (these aren't meticulously balanced they are just my ideas) whith the Necropolis. Vladimir, Kaspar, and Lucretia are all great heroes. Assuming we were to buff other heroes rather than...

Go to advanced search