Search found 14 matches

by cromulantkeith
09 Jun 2006, 21:17
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: How many # is a pack/throng/few
Replies: 2
Views: 63415

How many # is a pack/throng/few

Is there somewhere that lists the number ranges for those terms?
by cromulantkeith
06 Jun 2006, 14:36
Topic: Which skills to choose for a necro?
Replies: 5
Views: 6339

Always take basic offense or basic logistics as early as possible. They are both rarely offered, and are both essential to a good necro. Basic offense: battle frenzy literally doubles the power of your archers. Your archers is 90% of a necro's power. Sure later liches can do equivalent damage, but b...
by cromulantkeith
05 Jun 2006, 17:29
Topic: Necro skills: you are offered this - what do you take?
Replies: 28
Views: 7341

I disagree with quite a lot in this thread. First off, I assume everyone takes Vladimir, because frankly, he is by far the best Necro Hero, no one else comes close. Mostly because all other heroes have just a 50% chance of getting Raise Dead, and are screwed if it doesn't show up. The first skill I...
by cromulantkeith
03 Jun 2006, 16:18
Topic: How exactly does morale work?
Views: 3018

How exactly does morale work?

Inferno hero, all sylvan troops - Moral penalty?

I.e. is it just for mixed ARMIES, or for mixed hero/army combo?

Also, it's -2 morale right?
by cromulantkeith
02 Jun 2006, 17:50
Topic: How exactly does Ranger's "Nature's Luck" work?
Replies: 12
Views: 4404

Indeed. Considering how long it takes you to get these ultimates, and that they also are very hard to get (you have to be very lucky) - I'd rather see all the ultimates brought up to this power level.
by cromulantkeith
02 Jun 2006, 17:30
Topic: Necro skills: you are offered this - what do you take?
Replies: 28
Views: 7341

Necro skills: you are offered this - what do you take?

Lets say you are relatively low level, and already have: Eternal servitude Raise skeleton archers (I think most would agree these 2 are usually first picks). Which do you go for next? - Advanced/expert necromancy (in order to really start the ball rolling on skeletal archers. The faster you get set ...
by cromulantkeith
02 Jun 2006, 17:23
Topic: How to "Fix" Inferno... what would you do?
Replies: 33
Views: 8984

IMO demons were supposed to be slow and clunky based solely on how slow they are in the release. If you give them huge initiative, then they lose their flavor (my opinion). Also, Inferno already have tons of huge initiate stacks, and fixing the demons simply by giving them higher initiative is just ...
by cromulantkeith
02 Jun 2006, 15:06

Some interesting thoughts, but I'm not sure "Gating quicker" is something easily changed/moded in the game (especially for just one unit). I'm talking an end-user mod, changing how Gating works would probably have to come from Nival if it will ever change (I have a feeling it won't but I ...
by cromulantkeith
01 Jun 2006, 17:41

I don't like giving horned demons such high initiative. They are fat and slow, they shouldn't be acting before most armies. So how do you improve them while keeping their "flavor"? What I would do to improve them is to keep them the same at first stage, but for the upgrade, instead of the ...
by cromulantkeith
01 Jun 2006, 16:49
Topic: Content of the game
Replies: 161
Views: 90463

on the topic of the vampires sure they look good in a way, but a green fricking sword? whats the go with that, how are they saposed to suck life out with a sword specially a green one in all reality a red sword would of looked much much better than a green one but in reality the vampires should hav...
by cromulantkeith
31 May 2006, 20:22
Topic: Too many non-retaliation units?
Replies: 90
Views: 20765

it both sounds and looks like that inferno is the weakest town.....(personally I thought that was the case in heroes III as well) Maybe ubisoft is going to fix it in the future Indeed they are fairly weak. I do like it when factions "feel" very distinctive though. I love gating, because o...
by cromulantkeith
31 May 2006, 20:15

After reading this thread, and posting.. I just realised that this thread got hijacked a while back. I might as well post on the original topic. I agree: too many non-retaliation units. I'd rather give them unique new abilities (i could brainstorm ~20 right now). I don't think many of the non-retali...
by cromulantkeith
31 May 2006, 20:12

I completely agree that inferno is the weakest town. At first I really liked them... succy + pit lord spells is a lot of splash damage. But then once you play other factions, you realise that inferno is quite weak comparitively. I think buffing devils would be a great idea. First, they are DEVILS, t...
by cromulantkeith
30 May 2006, 18:26
Topic: Hero starting skills/spells
Views: 1414

Hero starting skills/spells

Is there somewhere that all the specific heroes starting skills/spells are listed? For example, I played necropolis last night, and my starting hero had this spell Raise Dead (which BTW is rediculously overpowered). The next map I played, my starting hero had something much much worse. Is it the sam...

Go to advanced search